Sign in to follow this  
Megatron1984

Gamecenter will not update World of Warships

4 comments in this topic

[-AOA-]
Members
8 posts
3,519 battles

While I am at college (and on the college wifi), the Gamecenter will not update my game for some odd reason. This is really frustrating, considering I enjoy World of Warships and I wish to be able to take part in the new awesome Halloween event.

Thing is, my World of Tanks client and WoWs public test client do not have any problems updating on the college wifi, nor do I experience any problems playing the game on the wifi. It is only when the gamecenter needs to update something that I run into a massive wall.

Does anybody have any advice regarding this issue? I have Windows 10, in case anybody is wondering.

(if this issue was already asked/solved, please link me to the answer. Thank you)

Community Department
2,007 posts
500 battles
10 hours ago, Megatron1984 said:

While I am at college (and on the college wifi), the Gamecenter will not update my game for some odd reason. This is really frustrating, considering I enjoy World of Warships and I wish to be able to take part in the new awesome Halloween event.

Thing is, my World of Tanks client and WoWs public test client do not have any problems updating on the college wifi, nor do I experience any problems playing the game on the wifi. It is only when the gamecenter needs to update something that I run into a massive wall.

Does anybody have any advice regarding this issue? I have Windows 10, in case anybody is wondering.

(if this issue was already asked/solved, please link me to the answer. Thank you)

Check if the game was added to a firewall exceptions in the WGC >> game settings and also check the settings here:

Spoiler

1H5ODtvBQ0g.jpg

Can you update the game in manual? Did you have any errors with downloading? 

[-AOA-]
Members
8 posts
3,519 battles
59 minutes ago, turbo07 said:

Check if the game was added to a firewall exceptions in the WGC >> game settings and also check the settings here:

Hide contents

1H5ODtvBQ0g.jpg

Can you update the game in manual? Did you have any errors with downloading? 

I checked those settings. same as the pic you have.

Where do I find the firewall exceptions? do I right-click and go to properties? that could be the problem.

Whenever I uninstall at college, the game cannot download again (because it can't download updates). I can't download the game without using the failcenter, either. every time i'm told that the gamecenter needs to be installed to play the game.

Community Department
2,007 posts
500 battles
48 minutes ago, Megatron1984 said:

I checked those settings. same as the pic you have.

Where do I find the firewall exceptions? do I right-click and go to properties? that could be the problem.

Whenever I uninstall at college, the game cannot download again (because it can't download updates). I can't download the game without using the failcenter, either. every time i'm told that the gamecenter needs to be installed to play the game.

We have some options still. Try to do all that written in "Game Install and update problems"
If it doesn't help you'll need to create a ticket to support. 

Sign in to follow this