You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
lineman

what happens when you get reported for....

26 comments in this topic

Members
6 posts
3,235 battles

So if you get reported  enough times  for "abusing" the chat system, or however its worded the result is a chat ban.   What happens with the rest of the options provided to report people?   If enough people report you for bad play, un-sportsman like behavior or being afk.....do you earn a ban on playing the game????

[PVE]
Members
5,319 posts
17,828 battles

Not that I know of Lineman but I would expect if someone got enough reports for unsportsmanlike behavior or the like, someone at Wargaming may look at what happened. There is no automated punishment for anything other than the chat report. I think it takes 3 or 4 reports in one match to get an automatic chat ban. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,192 posts
8,798 battles

Only chat bans have any effect beyond taking an almost meaningless point away.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
1,506 posts
7,389 battles

The in-game automatic bans are never permanent.. However, get enough of them, and a WG employee will pull up the replays and figure out if more action is necessary..

Only a WG employee can give you a permanent strike against your account, and you can appeal that. You get notified by Email.

Get five strikes against your account and you get a perma-ban for the offense.  The offenses are divided between Forum, Chat and Game. Five Chat strikes, you get a perma-ban from chat. Five strikes here, a forum ban.

Five strikes for game offenses, Perma-ban from the game.

[HINON]
Supertester
18,957 posts
12,479 battles
27 minutes ago, OtterWolf said:

The in-game automatic bans are never permanent.. However, get enough of them, and a WG employee will pull up the replays and figure out if more action is necessary..

Only a WG employee can give you a permanent strike against your account, and you can appeal that. You get notified by Email.

Get five strikes against your account and you get a perma-ban for the offense.  The offenses are divided between Forum, Chat and Game. Five Chat strikes, you get a perma-ban from chat. Five strikes here, a forum ban.

^

This .... otterwolf speaketh truth.

The three different offense types are not linked. For example, you can be chat banned in the game but still play and / or post on the forum. Of course, getting banned from the game means you can't chat in the game either anymore, but that's a different story.

• Cool 1

Members
1,530 posts
681 battles
4 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

So is a warning a strike ?

That is a good question.

Not that I need to know or anything.

[HINON]
Supertester
18,957 posts
12,479 battles
12 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

Depends on the warning and the infraction.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
1,506 posts
7,389 battles
12 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

Bottom line, is... if it comes to you through the game, (turning pink, orange, etc) then it is not a strike.

Any "auto-bans" in-game that are applied are not permanent.

If you get an email from WG that a strike is hitting your account, then well, yes, it's a strike.

Members
364 posts
688 battles

Wargaming does nothing unless you post about it publicly on their Reddit subforum.  There is rampant abuse of AFK BB bots with full secondaries captains driving a straight line.  As long as their secondaries hit one thing, they ignore the flags of afk.  

Essentially get AutoHot key and have it click where continue battle is and hit the W key.

[RO-I]
Members
76 posts
473 battles
14 hours ago, OtterWolf said:

The RULE OF 5, doesn't seem to be true here. Some WG employees here like to abuse their powers and they behave like dictators.

For example, Radar-X, permanently banned my father, because my father sent him a private message. In that pm he asked Radar-X why he stroked him for a reply where he said nothing but his honest opinion about players who have a fetish for underage anime girls (my father didn't insult or swear, he just said people like those ones have a pedoph... mentality). Radar-X permanently banned him from forum, because my father dared to pm him and ask him why he was stroke for his opinion.

P.S.: Do you people believe that they edited the word p-e-d-o-p-h-i-l-e? Why? What is so wrong about this word? This word only describe an abnormal sexual behavior (abnormal in these days, because it was very normal in the past, romans, greeks etc.)

Edited by Rednecks_Slayer
  • Cool 3

[TOG]
Members
2,376 posts
14,643 battles
8 minutes ago, Rednecks_Slayer said:

The RULE OF 5, doesn't seem to be true here. Some WG employees here like to abuse their powers and they behave like dictators.

For example, Radar-X, permanently banned my father, because my father sent him a private message. In that pm he asked Radar-X why he stroked him for a reply where he said nothing but his honest opinion about players who have a fetish for underage anime girls. Radar-X permanently banned him from forum, because my father dared to pm him and ask him why he was stroke for his opinion.

3 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

It is going to be one of those days.

My name is Redneck_Slayer. You banned my father. Prepare to die!

• Funny 4
  • Bad 1

Members
1,690 posts
7,231 battles
11 minutes ago, Rednecks_Slayer said:

For example, Radar-X, permanently banned my father, because my father sent him a private message. In that pm he asked Radar-X why he stroked him for a reply where he said nothing but his honest opinion about players who have a fetish for underage anime girls. Radar-X permanently banned him from forum, because my father dared to pm him and ask him why he was stroke for his opinion.

There's huge difference between being a fan of anime and having an actual fetish that is sexual in nature, especially in the context of an arcade game.  Your dad refused to get the point, if he went as far as PMing a moderator.  For all intents and purposes your dad had it coming.  Take it from someone who's not a fan of anime.

• Bad 2

[RO-I]
Members
76 posts
473 battles
7 minutes ago, Ramsalot said:

if he went as far as PMing a moderator. 

"AS FAR AS PM-ING A MODERATOR" ??? What is so wrong about PM-ing a moderator? Aren't they people like us? In my opinion, this clearly shows a dictatorial behavior and tendencies. I can't believe that this is happening in Nord America!

P.S.: Do I have to expect a strike or a ban now, because I dared to say this?

Edited by Rednecks_Slayer
  • Cool 3

[WHS]
[WHS]
Members
245 posts
8,197 battles

If you get enough reports for bad play a drunk russian man will stumble upon your house and coach you into becoming a better player

Members
623 posts
6,903 battles
17 hours ago, Doombeagle said:

You heard about that journalist in Saudi Arabia right?

He was Chat-decapamenmberment-Banned.

• Funny 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
1,506 posts
7,389 battles
3 hours ago, Rednecks_Slayer said:

"AS FAR AS PM-ING A MODERATOR" ??? What is so wrong about PM-ing a moderator? Aren't they people like us? In my opinion, this clearly shows a dictatorial behavior and tendencies. I can't believe that this is happening in Nord America!

P.S.: Do I have to expect a strike or a ban now, because I dared to say this?

Maybe.  Discussing moderation actions on the forum is *definitely* against the rules.

And just for clarification, is "Nord America" some sort of a Viking reference?

• Bad 1

[RO-I]
Members
76 posts
473 battles
7 hours ago, OtterWolf said:

And just for clarification, is "Nord America" some sort of a Viking reference?

I don't know what you mean by that. For me, Nord America is still the symbol of liberty of free speech and the right to my own opinion, without being persecuted.

[ARRGG]
Members
4,677 posts
7,503 battles
On 10/22/2018 at 5:56 PM, lineman said:

So if you get reported  enough times  for "abusing" the chat system, or however its worded the result is a chat ban.   What happens with the rest of the options provided to report people?   If enough people report you for bad play, un-sportsman like behavior or being afk.....do you earn a ban on playing the game????

Yes ... so whatever you do never give your address .. they will come and confiscate your computer to make sure you never get to play with the really  nice people again ... like me

so be good ... no worries my friend

[ARRGG]
Members
4,677 posts
7,503 battles
12 hours ago, Rednecks_Slayer said:

For example, Radar-X, permanently banned my father, because my father sent him a private message. In that pm he asked Radar-X why he stroked him for a reply where he said nothing but his honest opinion about players who have a fetish for underage anime girls (my father didn't insult or swear, he just said people like those ones have a pedoph... mentality). Radar-X permanently banned him from forum, because my father dared to pm him and ask him why he was stroke for his opinion.

P.S.: Do you people believe that they edited the word p-e-d-o-p-h-i-l-e? Why? What is so wrong about this word? This word only describe an abnormal sexual behavior (abnormal in these days, because it was very normal in the past, romans, greeks etc.)

This is a game ... a ship battle game and I kinda like it

I also like this forum... about da game ...when posting here and you walk up to the edge about what’s acceptable about this game and then jump over the edge ... well goodbye 

• Bad 2

Members
6 posts
3,235 battles

I asked a question about the system , how it worked and whatnot.   At no point in time did I wish to discuss any particular action taken by said system.  Discussing actions taken is agenst the rules.   Why is beyond be but hey when stalin makes yer rules ya follow them or face the fireing squad.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
1,506 posts
7,389 battles
On 10/23/2018 at 10:41 PM, Rednecks_Slayer said:

I don't know what you mean by that. For me, Nord America is still the symbol of liberty of free speech and the right to my own opinion, without being persecuted.

Sorry for the attempt at humor, I assumed it was a spelling mistake, but perhaps English isn't your first language?

As for your reference to the First Amendment to the US Constitution, I would suggest you study it's actual meaning...

Protected speech in this country pertains to criticizing the US Government without fear of retaliation by said government.

This forum, (and Game) is completely owned and controlled by a private company.  They  have the sole right to censor or remove anything we post here.