You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Markk9

West Virginia vs Arizona?

89 comments in this topic

Members
2,930 posts
1,365 battles
1 minute ago, outwardpanicjoe said:

o i though you were talking about the NM

Well, It also has the 89mm citadel roof, and im pretty sure the 89mm side citadel walls, vs AZ 114.

This is a thread comparing AZ to WV, the thread I thought I had initially quoted was comparing Az to Wv, but now were talking about NM.

Though while were on that topic, I say AZ is better then NM because AZ is superior in all the ways a BB needs to be.  Better sigma then NM and a little better armor overall.  US ships are gun boats, I want my gun boat to hit, AZ has proven to have incredibly reliable guns and can take alot of hits, she checks all the marks of a heavy gun boat.  She even has 1.8 vs 1.5 sigma, that fact alone puts her above NM..

NM AA is nothing special, planes [edited] it all the same.  Even my AZ has like a 1.4 plane kill rate.  NM has a tiny bit better rudder shift but beyond that, its worse then AZ in all the ways that matter.  Concealment?  Eh, ur a BB, your meant to be seen, and if you fire, going to be seen, so 12km, 14km, 16km, makes no difference, your seen once u fire, and if your actually BBing.

How is NM the better ship?

Members
2,930 posts
1,365 battles
2 hours ago, BURN_Miner said:

Go back and reread from page 1, better yet, I'll share your own post that started the entire comparison between the AZ and the NM.

Does this ring a bell? I don't care if it impresses "you" or not, it's rather funny that a few of you still stand by the AZ is better simply because it's better sentiment. For goodness sake, you claimed it had "4 more guns" on it... Come on man, but I get it, you like it, but don't prop it up more than it is....

Oh, oops.  Yeah, didnt recall that post. 

[SF-E]
Beta Testers
1,006 posts
4,234 battles
11 minutes ago, KnightFandragon said:

Well, It also has the 89mm citadel roof, and im pretty sure the 89mm side citadel walls, vs AZ 114.

NM has 140  deck armor  then an 70mm citadel deck underneath, AZ has 120 Deck armor and 38mm of citadel deck. they both have 115 mm of citadel sidewalls. you may be talking about the Colorado at tier 7.

Members
2,930 posts
1,365 battles
14 hours ago, outwardpanicjoe said:

NM has 140  deck armor  then an 70mm citadel deck underneath, AZ has 120 Deck armor and 38mm of citadel deck. they both have 115 mm of citadel sidewalls. you may be talking about the Colorado at tier 7.

Well, im not the one who came up with Az having better armor, even the wows wiki says it has considerably more armor then NM.

I havent looked at it in armor viewer in awhile but do recall AZ having more armor in several areas.

Unless they buffed NM, or you mean the real ship, cuz I recall seeing 89mm on NM vs AZ 120-140 in a few spots.

Edited by KnightFandragon

[SF-E]
Beta Testers
1,006 posts
4,234 battles
4 minutes ago, KnightFandragon said:

Well, im not the one who came up with Az having better armor, even the wows wiki says it has considerably more armor then NM.

I havent looked at it in armor viewer in awhile but do recall AZ having more armor in several areas.

yes but anyone can change that wiki page lol but practically the AZ and new mexico are very similar in armor and scheme the Arizona as a bit more armor it the upper barrettes 330 vs 320 and more plating in the middle casement 37 vs 25 i think but that is about it and NM has better forward and AFT bulk head plating both are pretty well armored either way.     

• Cool 1

Supertester
3,005 posts
10,086 battles
1 hour ago, KnightFandragon said:

Unless they buffed NM, or you mean the real ship, cuz I recall seeing 89mm on NM vs AZ 120-140 in a few spots.

That's your post from this thread, come on man.

The New Mexico hasn't been buffed in a very, very long time.

1 hour ago, outwardpanicjoe said:

yes but anyone can change that wiki page lol but practically the AZ and new mexico are very similar in armor and scheme the Arizona as a bit more armor it the upper barrettes 330 vs 320 and more plating in the middle casement 37 vs 25 i think but that is about it and NM has better forward and AFT bulk head plating both are pretty well armored either way.     

QFT here.

More over, while I was indeed the one to bring the New Mexico into the conversation, it wasn't even aimed at KnightFandragon, it was asking landcollector on page one which one he preferred simply based on the fact that he brought hard numbers on the Arizona into the thread, again which I like it when people bring correct numbers. I only asked him because of the close proximity between the Arizona and the New Mexico on paper, yet the server averages and the community as a whole speak a different tune (well, with the exception of a few of us).

It wasn't until KnightFandragon quoted me in post 7, then posted in post 8 this

that he decided to get involved in a conversation about AZ vs NM. Which by all rights, should have been dropped long ago. Yet for some reason I have to keep quoting Knight from this very thread to remind him of what he said and when.

lol

Is this done now?

EDIT: +1 btw Outward

Edited by BURN_Miner
  • Cool 3

Members
2,930 posts
1,365 battles
37 minutes ago, BURN_Miner said:

QFT here.

More over, while I was indeed the one to bring the New Mexico into the conversation, it wasn't even aimed at KnightFandragon, it was asking landcollector on page one which one he preferred simply based on the fact that he brought hard numbers on the Arizona into the thread, again which I like it when people bring correct numbers. I only asked him because of the close proximity between the Arizona and the New Mexico on paper, yet the server averages and the community as a whole speak a different tune (well, with the exception of a few of us).

that he decided to get involved in a conversation about AZ vs NM. Which by all rights, should have been dropped long ago. Yet for some reason I have to keep quoting Knight from this very thread to remind him of what he said and when.

lol

Is this done now?

Yup, the thread can go back to WV vs AZ.  Eh, theres been tons if threads about WV, lost track of what I said n where....

[CVLOV]
Beta Testers
3,637 posts
2,633 battles
On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 9:24 PM, Bonfor said:

The mechanics and/or performance of which will be changing with the CV rework...

Yes it will, carriers are even more powerful than before (which can still get adjusted, mind you).
Slow ships, or ships without very strong AA stand no chance whatsoever.

If the rework went live as it was last week-end of testing, any potato after spending 10 matches in CVs will rolfstomp any BBs into oblivions. Except maybe the Texas but she's so slow that even she would get it.

[SF-E]
Beta Testers
1,006 posts
4,234 battles
On 10/27/2018 at 3:25 PM, BURN_Miner said:

QFT here.

lol

Is this done now?

No problem

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,113 posts
5,915 battles

arizona [edited] all over WV and NM. end of story.

• Cool 1

[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
2,706 posts
10,041 battles
On 10/22/2018 at 8:39 PM, landcollector said:

Survivability

Arizona: 57200 HP, 25mm Bow/Stern plating, 37mm casemate plating, 343mm belt beneath a 26mm torpedo bulge, 37% base TDS

Wv41: 50200 HP, 25mm Bow/Stern plating, 25mm casemate plating, 343mm belt beneath a 25mm torpedo bulge, 22% base TDS

Artillery

Arizona: 4x3 356mm guns (5000 max HE with 30% fire chance and 834 m/s muzzle velocity, 10300 max AP with 792 m/s muzzle velocity), 60s base traverse, 35s reload, 16km range, 1.8 sigma; 8x1 127mm/25 and 10x1 127mm/51 secondary guns with 4.2km range

WV41: 4x2 406mm guns (5700 max HE with 36% fire chance and 803 m/s muzzle velocity, 12400 max AP with 768 m/s muzzle velocity), 45s base traverse, 30s reload, ~16.1km range, 1.8 sigma; 8x1 127mm/25 and 10x1 127mm/51 secondary guns with 4.2km range

AA Defense

Arizona: 8x1 12.7mm guns (30 DPS at 1.2km), 4x4 28mm guns (27 DPS at 3.1km), 8x1 127mm/25 guns (58 DPS at 4.2km)

WV41: 8x1 12.7mm guns (30 DPS at 1.2km), 4x1 76mm guns (11 DPS at 3.5km), 8x1 127mm/25 guns (58 DPS at 4.2km)

Manueverabiliy

Arizona: 21 knots max speed, 640m turn radius, 14.6s RST

WV41: 21 knots max speed, 670m turn radius, 13.7s RST

Concealment

Arizona: 14.4km base surface detection, 11.1km base air detection

WV41: 16.4km base surface detection, 14.7km base air detection

I'd take Arizona over WV41 in an instant.

1.8 sigma with Arizona accuracy with 1/3rd the guns? C'mon WG, atleast make the thing competitive not punitive.

[WOLF3]
Members
20,451 posts
18,810 battles
On 10/28/2018 at 5:55 PM, AzureTerra said:

The only thing i don't like about the Arizona is the punitive 35sec reload on its guns

That's fine, because AZ actually hits stuff.

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
10,148 posts
8,469 battles
On 10/28/2018 at 8:55 PM, AzureTerra said:

The only thing i don't like about the Arizona is the punitive 35sec reload on its guns

If she had anything less, she'd be monstrously overpowered.

• Cool 4