Sign in to follow this  
Max0017

Tier 1X and tier X

6 comments in this topic

[I-F]
Members
43 posts
4,502 battles

It seems to me that WOW should reduce the operating cost of these tier 9 and tier 10 ships. Maybe I am wrong , however the goal of each player and suggested by WOW is to work toward the tier 9 and tier 10 ships in order to participate in Clan and the higher tier Ranked battles...but once we achieve this goal, we can no longer afford to play these ships unless you do 50K in damage in a single battle.....or at least that is how it calculates out to be break even at best. Most often a player is in debt to the battle.....

• Bad 1

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,257 battles
8 minutes ago, Max0017 said:

It seems to me that WOW should reduce the operating cost of these tier 9 and tier 10 ships. Maybe I am wrong , however the goal of each player and suggested by WOW is to work toward the tier 9 and tier 10 ships in order to participate in Clan and the higher tier Ranked battles...but once we achieve this goal, we can no longer afford to play these ships unless you do 50K in damage in a single battle.....or at least that is how it calculates out to be break even at best. Most often a player is in debt to the battle.....

You don't understand that it's WG's policy to make tiers 9 and 10 more costly to play as a way to encourage players to spend real money on the game on things like premium time, premium perma-camos, and premium ships to earn more credits to fund their high tier play.  It also encourages weaker players to play more mid tier battles to fun their high tier play.

Oh, and BTW, if you do only 50k damage in a single battle in a tier 9 or 10 match, chances are quite good that you're going to be losing credits not breaking even, unless perhaps you're running premium time and/or perma-camo.  The only way to break even or better in high tier battles without spending real money is to play VERY, VERY well.

• Cool 1

[BOTES]
Members
124 posts
3,108 battles
14 minutes ago, Max0017 said:

Tier 9 and 10 aren't exactly the endgoal. Ideally, you'd find ships you enjoy at every tier, and play well enough to have to grind only from time to time, instead of doing so to afford your T10 outings.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Supertester
18,902 posts
12,423 battles

High tiers are expensive on purpose. The idea is to make them expensive to run to - uhm - 'encourage' the sale of permanent camouflages, premium ships and premium time, all of which will help cover the cost of running high tier ships. These are the things that generates the income that keeps Wargaming's lights on. World of Warships is free to play, not free to develop.

• Cool 1

[O_O]
Members
4,333 posts
9,274 battles
1 hour ago, HP_Lovesauce said:

Tier 9 and 10 aren't exactly the endgoal. Ideally, you'd find ships you enjoy at every tier, and play well enough to have to grind only from time to time, instead of doing so to afford your T10 outings.

Boom.

I have several T9's and T10's.

I have several favorite ships.

None of the T9's and T10's are among my favorite ships.  T10's are the goal to work and grind towards, but once achieving them, I typically find their play doesn't impress me.

I can't really explain why some ships just click, but up til now, the ones that do have all been T8 and below.  It isn't because of T10 meta, either (at least for me).

Community Department
2,007 posts
500 battles
11 hours ago, Max0017 said:

Thanks for your reply, we're carefully monitoring economy of the game to make it rather comfortable for all players. In general, it meets the same free to play model that was mentioned by Lert. We usually try to make high levels even more comfortable for everyone when we launch events. 
Flags, camouflages including permanent ones also make level 10 available for break-even play. Depends on performance. Using only these you may play like with premium.
Some flags and camouflages can be bought with coal in the Arsenal. Some may be won in missions and events.
So there are options independently of you use premium or not.