You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
vak_

Thanks WG - free Mogami Octopus permacamo

20 comments in this topic

[-K-]
[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,737 posts
6,699 battles

Just to follow up to @Lert  thread, and give my own thanks for the free permanent camo I got out of the Haloweeen box.

This is the first animated (!) special camouflage, for cruiser Mogami. I also got a ten point Commander David Jones, which is sort of cool. The camo quality is bonkers, I love it! Gif from WoWS news section about events:

2fd54152-c175-11e8-80ac-d89d6715223c.gif

Some screenshots I took:

SR9Fi6w.png

XEBNu8v.jpg

Zbuji5W.png

ZxYEjGV.jpg

And also a little video showing various details of the animation:

The only thing I wish they've added was a special ship horn, you know, something dark and ominous, with SC1 Zerg sound overtones. But that's a very small complaint indeed.

Oh, and there is a cherry on top: despite the fact that the camo is called "Octopus", the size of the thing is definitely more, you know, Kraken-ish. So I'll just claim this is a thematic camo for my clan :cap_win:

• Funny 1

[HINON]
Supertester
18,898 posts
12,421 battles

Nice, absolute amazing work from the 3D modelers.

Members
1,688 posts
7,230 battles

The quality is stunning, but the skin is creepy to the degree where it might motivate me to actually start using the filter that takes out some of the art from the game.

Members
4,731 posts
5,459 battles

So, does the skin work on 203mm Mogami?(not that many use 203 Mogami, but I've seen no images of her equipped with the 203s and that skin on. Would be interesting to see if the devs remembered to make new textures for the 8in guns)

[MIA-A]
Members
1,938 posts
6,535 battles
45 minutes ago, GhostSwordsman said:

So, does the skin work on 203mm Mogami?(not that many use 203 Mogami, but I've seen no images of her equipped with the 203s and that skin on. Would be interesting to see if the devs remembered to make new textures for the 8in guns)

Yeah, @Lord_Zath tested it in his latest video about here - 

[-K-]
[-K-]
5,737 posts
6,699 battles
51 minutes ago, GhostSwordsman said:

So, does the skin work on 203mm Mogami?

Yep:

nteIygP.jpg

Members
1,114 posts
3,141 battles

It's a cool camo but I wouldn't use it, personally. I like my ships looking pristine, crisp, and colorful and not lookin like a taxi for a giant aquatic cephalopod.

[-K-]
[-K-]
5,737 posts
6,699 battles
15 hours ago, CarbonButtprint said:

not lookin like a taxi for a giant aquatic cephalopod.

Heeey, what's so bad about giant aquatic cephalopods? ;)

[ARGSY]
Members
5,682 posts
3,886 battles
15 hours ago, CarbonButtprint said:

It's a cool camo but I wouldn't use it, personally. I like my ships looking pristine, crisp, and colorful and not lookin like a taxi for a giant aquatic cephalopod.

Cephalopod is riding the ship alright, but not in a way we talk about in front of small children. :Smile_teethhappy:

[-DTS-]
Members
16 posts
1,652 battles
On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 7:31 PM, enderland07 said:

Yeah, @Lord_Zath tested it in his latest video about here - 

I got this camo and David Jones from the pumpkin but I do not own the Mogami Ship feels bad man.... So I guess I need grind 2 more ships to get to it. But does this ship or the Captain have anything else special that it does besides having a awesome camo?  Also I don't see David Jones as your captain In the ship you put the video up for?

[PT8TO]
[PT8TO]
Members
136 posts
12,195 battles
On 10/22/2018 at 3:25 PM, vak_ said:

The only thing I wish they've added was a special ship horn, you know, something dark and ominous, with SC1 Zerg sound overtones. But that's a very small complaint indeed.

Press N to hear "Spawn more Overlords!"

Members
11 posts
3,074 battles

I got that same camo in a pumpkin but does not show up in my Camouflages. Anyone know how to fix this ?

Edited by SkinnyK

Members
11 posts
3,074 battles

It is in my inventory and I have the ship. I have 3 other Camouflages I got that does not show either.  O well, thanks for the reply.