You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Lert

Question about the Halloween camos + Halloween captain missions

15 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Supertester
18,898 posts
12,421 battles

So I got lucky and drew a Halloween skin for my Z-23. It came with a 5k base XP mission to earn the appropriate Halloween themed captain:

Zta0Lt2.jpg

Now I have a question ...

I already have all the old Halloween skins from last year's event. However, not the captains. If I'm not mistaken, when you draw a camouflage from a Halloween container, it'll check which ones you already have and then draw one you don't. Which means that it's not possible to get the old Halloween captains for Halloween skins you already have from previous events.

Is there going to be some method of gaining them?

Members
871 posts
7,680 battles

Only particular ships come with a capt. I think only the new skinned ones do.

In addition, four new camouflages from Operation "Terror of the Deep":

• Special camouflage for battleship North Carolina (Leviathan) and a Combat Mission. For completing the mission you will get Commander Max Strauss with 10 skill points.
  • Special camouflage for destroyer Kiev (Razorworm) and a Combat Mission. For completing the mission you will get Commander Boris Veber with 10 skill points.
  • Special camouflage for destroyer Z-23 (Steel Rat) and a Combat Mission. For completing the mission you will get Commander James D. Breese with 10 skill points.
  • The first animated special camouflage for cruiser Mogami (Octopus) and a combat mission. For completing the Combat Mission you will get Commander David Jones with 10 skill points.
Edited by Octavian_of_Roma

[HINON]
Supertester
18,898 posts
12,421 battles
4 minutes ago, Octavian_of_Roma said:

Only particular ships come with a capt. I think only the new skinned ones do.

I am aware. This means that the other captains are unavailable to us. I'm wanting to know if WG is planning another means for us to get those.

Members
871 posts
7,680 battles
1 minute ago, Lert said:

I am aware. This means that the other captains are unavailable to us. I'm wanting to know if WG is planning another means for us to get those.

What other capts? You cant have the skins prior to this years event, those 4 with the capts are new skins and were unavailable last year. 

[HINON]
Supertester
18,898 posts
12,421 battles
7 minutes ago, Octavian_of_Roma said:

What other capts?

The ones from previous events.

CO6CuAk.jpg

vIk0C2I.jpg

7FRVSuX.jpg

D6AMCrX.jpg

IhwxrFN.jpg

PldT5EB.jpg

For Wakatake, St Louis, Nassau, Kagero, Chapyev and Tirpitz respectively.

• Cool 1

Members
871 posts
7,680 battles
1 minute ago, Lert said:

snip

It dawned on me while you were typing that, those are what you meant. I just didnt see those listed anywhere to be available to anyone this year. 

[HINON]
Supertester
18,898 posts
12,421 battles
Just now, Octavian_of_Roma said:

I just didnt see those listed anywhere to be available to anyone this year. 

Exactly. Which is the entire problem. :) I'd love a chance at those. Especially the one for Nassau, he looks amazing.

[PVE]
Members
8,783 posts
7,225 battles
37 minutes ago, Lert said:

So I got lucky and drew a Halloween skin for my Z-23. It came with a 5k base XP mission to earn the appropriate Halloween themed captain:

Zta0Lt2.jpg

Now I have a question ...

I already have all the old Halloween skins from last year's event. However, not the captains. If I'm not mistaken, when you draw a camouflage from a Halloween container, it'll check which ones you already have and then draw one you don't. Which means that it's not possible to get the old Halloween captains for Halloween skins you already have from previous events.

Is there going to be some method of gaining them?

Not at this time. Last year and this year the camos for the Saving Transylvania and Sunray in the Darkness did not come with captains. Only the four new Halloween camos come with captains this year.

[HINON]
Supertester
18,898 posts
12,421 battles
9 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Only the four new Halloween camos come with captains this year.

I am aware. Hence me asking if there are any plans to make the other captains available too.

[PVE]
Members
8,783 posts
7,225 battles
17 minutes ago, Lert said:

I am aware. Hence me asking if there are any plans to make the other captains available too.

Probably not as I think that WG would already have said plan revealed as the Halloween event runs to early morning on Wednesday, November 21st.

[-ADM-]
Members
1 post

so you don't get the ship, but you get the captain and a camo for when you earn the ship?

[PVE]
Members
8,783 posts
7,225 battles
38 minutes ago, Lipty3 said:

so you don't get the ship, but you get the captain and a camo for when you earn the ship?

Well, you can put the captain on any ship, but the perma-camo will wait in your inventory for you to get the ship.

[HINON]
Supertester
18,898 posts
12,421 battles
9 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Well, you can put the captain on any ship

... of the same nation, though the captain comes trained for that specific ship.

• Cool 1

[SIM]
Members
2,415 posts
4,055 battles

Personally, I’d be over the moon if we could obtain the captains associated with the low-tier Saving Transylvania ships permanently.

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,088 posts
18,615 battles

Maybe with some upcoming Halloween bundels? If you check the October missions there is a sub called killer whale. You can get it by eithet earning 50k base XP or buying a Halloween bundle.