Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
outwardpanicjoe

West Virginia 41 camo ? is actually the WV44 camo

Which camo would you like to see?   

56 members have voted

  1. 1. which camos would you like to see on the tier 6 WV41

    • proper 1941 camo ?
    • current 1944 camo on 1941 hull
    • give it an option to have both? like on the USS Missouri
    • the dusty Rhoads camo??
      0
    • Blue and gold camo?
    • Bacon camo? JK lol

59 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

105
[SF-E]
Beta Testers
943 posts
4,055 battles

So im not here to talk about WV44 vs WV41 Im just here cause I notice the WV 41 is using the wrong camo and the wrong turret tops for the current tier 6 configuration of the WV so right now we have this Image result for uss west virginia world of warships

But for 1941 it should be something closer to this but this is also missing the red turret. 

Image result for uss west virginia 1941 camo

here is a model of the WV with the red and back turrets   v

 Related image

here is  USS ARIZONA    v

Image result for Uss arizona 1941 camo

They did a great job for the 1941 Arizona they even fixed the right turret coloring because before they had all 4 as red turrets when Arizona only had 3 but they fixed that so good on them for historical accuracy on the model tho the deck could be more woody nothing is perfect. So why shouldn't   they do the same for the 1941 WV they already have the model right they just need the right camo and turrets then its good to go  or at least give it the option to have the proper 1941 camo i just think its odd having the 1944 camo on the 1941 model wv.  Let me know what you guys think down below. v 

Screenshot (11).png

 

Edited by outwardpanicjoe
  • Cool 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
416
[MIA-A]
[MIA-A]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,984 posts
7,647 battles

Not sure why but WG has never been accurate with their camos. I can count the number of accurate camouflages in the game on one hand.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
1,940 posts

No surprise really. WG was never fond of solid colour schemes. Take Massachusetts for example. Majority demanded dazzle camo and WG ditched the navy blue hull as a result.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,040
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,361 posts
10,151 battles
1 hour ago, outwardpanicjoe said:

So im not here to talk about WV44 vs WV41 Im just here cause I notice the WV 41 is using the wrong camo and the wrong turret tops for the current tier 6 configuration of the WV so right now we have this Image result for uss west virginia world of warships

But for 1941 it should be something closer to this but this is also missing the red turret. 

Image result for uss west virginia 1941 camo

here is a model of the WV with the red and back turrets   v

 Related image

here is  USS ARIZONA    v

Image result for Uss arizona 1941 camo

They did a great job for the 1941 Arizona they even fixed the right turret coloring because before they had all 4 as red turrets when Arizona only had 3 but they fixed that so good on them for historical accuracy on the model tho the deck could be more woody nothing is perfect. So why shouldn't   they do the same for the 1941 WV they already have the model right they just need the right camo and turrets then its good to go  or at least give it the option to have the proper 1941 camo i just think its odd having the 1944 camo on the 1941 model wv.  Let me know what you guys think down below. v 

Screenshot (11).png

I am guessing they just saw the later camo on the ship and went with it prior to the riots. Maybe when they eventually bring out the 44+ model they will change the camo's OR offer what you show as an option for the 41 version.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
105
[SF-E]
Beta Testers
943 posts
4,055 battles
7 minutes ago, Wolcott said:

No surprise really. WG was never fond of solid colour schemes. Take Massachusetts for example. Majority demanded dazzle camo and WG ditched the navy blue hull as a result.

that is true but where does that leave the wv44 same camo i suppose could work. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
1,940 posts
53 minutes ago, outwardpanicjoe said:

that is true but where does that leave the wv44 same camo i suppose could work. 

Or WV44 will get WV41's camo. :Smile_hiding:

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,020
[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,721 posts
4,517 battles

You need to market this ship as a Pearl Harbor ship, period...nothing more...don't rub it in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
105
[SF-E]
Beta Testers
943 posts
4,055 battles
2 hours ago, Wolcott said:

Or WV44 will get WV41's camo. :Smile_hiding:

ok well then they would just be asking for trouble lol :Smile_teethhappy::Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by outwardpanicjoe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,879 posts
1,365 battles
4 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

It doesn't matter what camo it has.  With the current stats WV41 has, it's dead in the water.

Ask Zoup, he loves her...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
105
[SF-E]
Beta Testers
943 posts
4,055 battles
22 hours ago, Dr_Venture said:

You need to market this ship as a Pearl Harbor ship, period...nothing more...don't rub it in.

yeah true but it might be hard to do that with the 44 camo it has lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,879 posts
1,365 battles
23 hours ago, Dr_Venture said:

You need to market this ship as a Pearl Harbor ship, period...nothing more...don't rub it in.

They coulda done something cool like that, gone historical, with its real camo, and given us her pearl captain, and actually maybe built some hype.  Then sold her on pearl's anniversary, or around there....but naw.  We get some a solid fu as wg trolls us putting 44 camo on our 41 ship, puts some random dude with a joke name as its commander and then that cow boy boot camo, gj wg, gj....

crap, they should go all out with the trolling and sell her on Yamamotos birthday, or on the maiden flight date of the Zero or Val planes.

Edited by KnightFandragon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
105
[SF-E]
Beta Testers
943 posts
4,055 battles
5 minutes ago, KnightFandragon said:

They coulda done something cool like that, gone historical, with its real camo, and given us her pearl captain, and actually maybe built some hype.  Then sold her on pearl's anniversary, or around there....but naw.  We get some a solid fu as wg trolls us putting 44 camo on our 41 ship, puts some random dude with a joke name as its commander and then that cow boy boot camo, gj wg, gj....

crap, they should go all out with the trolling and sell her on Yamamotos birthday, or on the maiden flight date of the Zero or Val planes.

so i guess its neither wv41 or wv44 lol but is it a cowboy boot camo ? i though it was a perma fire camo for pearl harbor. 

Edited by outwardpanicjoe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,078
[SIM]
Members
2,430 posts
4,060 battles
2 minutes ago, outwardpanicjoe said:

so i guess its neither wv41 or wv44 lol but is it a cowboy boot camo ? i though it was a perma fire camo for pearl harbor. 

I believe that it’s what a bunch of folks in St. Petersburg think of as “American rustic.” And without a doubt, WV41 should have her 1941 camo scheme. You opened this stupid can of worms, WG, now lie in it.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,879 posts
1,365 battles
3 minutes ago, outwardpanicjoe said:

so i guess its neither wv41 or wv44 lol but is it a cowboy boot camo ? i though it was a perma fire camo for pearl harbor. 

Idk, I saw someone call it that and the more I looked at it, the more it did in fact look like etchings in a cowboy boot...certainly doesnt look flamey...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,494 posts
7,387 battles
7 minutes ago, KnightFandragon said:

Idk, I saw someone call it that and the more I looked at it, the more it did in fact look like etchings in a cowboy boot...certainly doesnt look flamey...

Yeah it looks like a mixture between fall leaves and leather work, to me anyway.

Edited by Hangoverhomey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
105
[SF-E]
Beta Testers
943 posts
4,055 battles
4 hours ago, KnightFandragon said:

Idk, I saw someone call it that and the more I looked at it, the more it did in fact look like etchings in a cowboy boot...certainly doesnt look flamey...

hmm cowboy boot seems to be more of a texas / western thing... hmmm 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,879 posts
1,365 battles
20 minutes ago, outwardpanicjoe said:

hmm cowboy boot seems to be more of a texas / western thing... hmmm 

Maybe WG thinks West virginia is in the west of the US where its very deserty and that a cowboy boot camo would work...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
105
[SF-E]
Beta Testers
943 posts
4,055 battles
19 minutes ago, KnightFandragon said:

Maybe WG thinks West virginia is in the west of the US where its very deserty and that a cowboy boot camo would work...

o god well i guess that is possible 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23,578
[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,038 posts
7,611 battles
On 10/22/2018 at 8:24 PM, KnightFandragon said:

Ask Zoup, he loves her...

Most of the CCs think she's too powerful right now, myself included.

  • Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,879 posts
1,365 battles
23 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Most of the CCs think she's too powerful right now, myself included.

So Mutsu u guys think is op as all hell?  Shes got 16" guns, tons of secondaries, more speed and throws torps into the mix just because she can.  Thats a far better overall ship to WV, whose only trick is 16" guns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23,578
[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,038 posts
7,611 battles
8 minutes ago, KnightFandragon said:

So Mutsu u guys think is op as all hell?  Shes got 16" guns, tons of secondaries, more speed and throws torps into the mix just because she can.  Thats a far better overall ship to WV, whose only trick is 16" guns.

The other CCs can speak for themselves.  But no, I don't.  There is more to gun performance than gun caliber including (but not limited to) range, penetration, ballistic arc, rate of fire, fire arcs, accuracy and precision.  West Virginia is far more durable than Mutsu with far more accurate guns that hit much harder and that up-tier beautifully all without sacrificing rate of fire or range.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,493
[NSF]
Beta Testers
4,976 posts
5,679 battles

I have a hard time seeing any way in which West Virginia in her nerfed tier VI form is going to pose any more significant of a threat than Colorado at tier VII. I say this with a pretty good amount of experience in all of the tier VI-VII battleships (with the exception of Normandie and Lyon). The AP shells are powerful, this is indisputable. However, the rest of the ship is quite literally a Colorado minus the middling AA firepower and decent SPS value. She shares the same speed and armor characteristics common to all of the Standard Types, with all of the inherent issues presented by that fact. 

She's going to be able to punish other battleships, certainly. She's also one of the easiest to punish right back with nearly any form of attack. The entire hull is overmatched by 15"> guns, there is no ability to abuse autobounce at any point beyond the actual limited belt coverage. The entire hull is critically vulnerable to IFHE and just HE spam in general, unlike several of the other tier VI ships. Her protection against torpedoes is on the lower end of what is commonly seen at the tier. Her anti-aircraft firepower is in fact, less effective than Mutsu. That isn't exactly setting the bar high here.

Frankly, I can't immediately accept this ship as overpowered by any metric outside of raw AP performance and overmatch. Everything else is average to well below average.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23,578
[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,038 posts
7,611 battles
1 minute ago, Big_Spud said:

I have a hard time seeing any way in which West Virginia in her nerfed tier VI form is going to pose any more significant of a threat than Colorado at tier VII.

You're looking at it from the wrong end.  Flip it on its head:  How much would you have to nerf Colorado before she fits at tier VI?  They didn't nerf her hard enough when they made West Virginia.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,493
[NSF]
Beta Testers
4,976 posts
5,679 battles
22 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

You're looking at it from the wrong end.  Flip it on its head:  How much would you have to nerf Colorado before she fits at tier VI?  They didn't nerf her hard enough when they made West Virginia.

 

I really do not see it. She's taken a pretty significant hit to every possible metric aside from reload, raw AP penetration, and arguably sigma value (1.9>1.8 really doesn't make too much of a difference, although it never hurts to have the higher number).

-She's on the lower side of average in terms of HP pools

-She has, bar none, the worst AA protection at the tier (I had to double check, Mutsu is close but at least her LRAA gets 5 km base instead of 4.2)*

-She has an SPS rating on the very low end of average

-She's tied with the other standards in terms of top speed for worst in tier

-She has noticeably worse base detection values than either of her cousins at tier VI

-She is paired with her sisters for being among the most vulnerable to overmatch and IFHE at the tier (strong argument for Dunkerque here as well)

 

From the stats available to me, as well as the gameplay preview videos posted thus far, this has not created the image of a ship in need of more nerfs to fit her tier. At least not any more than you could say Warspite is too powerful and requires more nerfs for her tier.

 

*Correction: it seems Normandie is worse. I don't know how, but it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×