You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Katakis

Whats your Captains Anti-Skill?

26 comments in this topic

[RLENT]
Members
49 posts
3,380 battles

Well we know we can teach our Captains skills to make the turrets rotate faster or better concealment,so something that will improve his battle capabilities.

However, where there's light,there is shadow. The balance must be upheld. So what is your drawback skill?

Mine is: "Seasick" -  During the heat of the battle, you crave for the safety of a solid object and you unconsciously will steer towards any island in your path, may it be as small as it gets, you will hit it. With enough occurrence it can evolve into "Treehugger",where a island will be teleported into your path, to soothe your nerves.

Its a very inconvenience skill and im guilty of activating it regularly.

Well, this is my skill of shame. What are some of your shame skills?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,203 posts
5,662 battles

Off topic but I love the Commodore logo for your Avatar pic. I watched a youtube video of a Commodore 64-E that was left outside for decades and the guy got it to work.

[PVE]
Members
8,834 posts
7,257 battles
1 minute ago, Katakis said:

Well we know we can teach our Captains skills to make the turrets rotate faster or better concealment,so something that will improve his battle capabilities.

However, where there's light,there is shadow. The balance must be upheld. So what is your drawback skill?

Mine is: "Seasick" -  During the heat of the battle, you crave for the safety of a solid object and you unconsciously will steer towards any island in your path, may it be as small as it gets, you will hit it. With enough occurrence it can evolve into "Treehugger",where a island will be teleported into your path, to soothe your nerves.

NO! Islands need a serious nerf and they move too fast as it is. 

Nerf the islands!

:Smile_teethhappy:

[NMKJT]
Members
2,676 posts

Mine is All you can eat Buffet. You're sitting there on the Lido deck and spy two juicy targets at the same time, and you hesitate while choosing

Members
1,488 posts
659 battles

Docking.

Not just hitting the island, but doing so in a manner that gets me stuck.

• Cool 2

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
1,501 posts
7,364 battles

Mine is "Sparta"...

Feeling like, if I can angle bow-on *just* right, I can take unbelievable amounts of hits without significant damage..

Usually results in burning to death, or taking citadel hits to the foredeck.

Named for the famous "Spartan Phalanx" posture.

Beta Testers
559 posts
3,457 battles

"Torpedo panic", I still haven't mastered the "torpedo beats" and probably never will, I'll get hit by easily avoidable torpedoes.

• Funny 1

[WOLFB]
Members
209 posts
4,682 battles

I would say mine one is Blitzkrieg:

Having an amazing ability to forget you're not playing a German ship and thus do not have as much armor or HP when you find yourself in the middle of a cap. Usually leading to a rain of HE on me.

But i do have a second one...MAN MODE:

The INTENSE NEED to make ships that are not viable for secondary spec., secondary spec. For science.
Like the itch i have at the moment to buy back Roon and make it secondary spec, because...reasons.

Edited by Saidalphon
  • Funny 1

[DTM]
Alpha Tester
113 posts
3,342 battles

Mine is the salt at carrying a match, then losing it because two full health BBs lose to a one shot CL and an AFK BB.

Members
4,448 posts
6,147 battles

Drawback?  Wasting time wondering why that team mate is doing what he is doing and losing track of what the hell I am trying to do. Many deaths suffered my me when my pondering overtakes my awareness of the overall situation. 

[LANCE]
Members
291 posts
3,095 battles

Seek and Destroy:

It’s where I’m having a very good game in my DD but only have approx. a third of my health left and then get struck by a stray BB shell aimed at another ship on another map!!

I do also suffer from “Docking” (mentioned above) and an amazing skill called the Reverse Shuffle whereby when torpedoes are aimed at me and I have to reverse my A+D keys do the exact thing I don’t want them to do!

Members
448 posts
7,474 battles

Contrary Captain: When I see a lemming train or my team ignoring a cap, I will always go the opposite way(usually in a fragile cruiser or a BB that is spotted from the moon) with the quixotic belief that skill can overcome half the enemy team.

[INTEL]
Beta Testers
1,576 posts
3,901 battles
1 hour ago, Katakis said:

Mine is: "Seasick" -  During the heat of the battle, you crave for the safety of a solid object and you unconsciously will steer towards any island in your path, may it be as small as it gets, you will hit it.

No, that's just the Auto-Navigate feature.

[B2P]
Members
495 posts
13,210 battles

Bravado - thinking that if I can stay in that cap just a little longer I can get it, when in reality the time to leave it was like 20 seconds ago.

Members
705 posts
2 hours ago, Katakis said:

Splicing the Main Brace. My captains are all alcoholics, so a free rum ration all around!

• Funny 1

[H_]
Members
217 posts
6,976 battles

LOL yeah them pesky Islands they just jump right out there in front of me...it's the "there is plenty of room syndrome" always think I have plenty of room when passing them and poof stuck like a bug. and worse yet I suffer from "brief bouts of Narcolepsy" cause obviously I'm blacking out when I go for a CAP in my nicely done up DD and realize as I'm getting pounded that "nobody is home but me"  everyone disappeared !  look at mini map, nobody within in Miles, could have sworn there was a Cruiser and a BB and .. nope.. poof gone..

oh, well I've never been really good at map reading so that may explain it?  or maybe it's my reading comprehension skills, when in Chat it's "B/C" and you get 10 Wilco's but 3/4 of the team goes to A..  Sometimes I wonder..

• Cool 1

[SNIPR]
Beta Testers
310 posts
3,606 battles

Were did the fleet go? - Regardless what ship you are in you will be that one ship relegated to being furthest away from everyone else from start to finish of match.

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,239 posts

Custer's last cap. It's my [edited]cap and you'll have to take it from my still warm dead hands...

[RLENT]
Members
49 posts
3,380 battles
5 hours ago, Belthorian said:

Off topic but I love the Commodore logo for your Avatar pic. I watched a youtube video of a Commodore 64-E that was left outside for decades and the guy got it to work.

Offtopic:They are actually very robust.Seen many stories of stories of C64s that were used in very dirty industrial environment til recently. It only needs passive cooling definitely helps running in such conditions. They are also easy to fix most of the time. Worked on my C64,Plus4 and A500 (+power supply) and its fun to get them running again or doing maintenance. Only Commodore parts i know that are near impossible to repair are C64 power bricks. Mine had a damaged 9V rail so the SID chip didnt got juice. Opened it up and inside everything was completely filled with epoxy. :Smile_sad:

Ontopic: Like those replies. Bravado and Where did the fleet go sound also very familiar.

Members
2,208 posts
4,051 battles
5 hours ago, Katakis said:

"Brass anchors" if a same class ship fires at you of equal or higher tier. You must immediately accept his challenge and close, in the most direct route possible.

[SNIPR]
Beta Testers
310 posts
3,606 battles
10 hours ago, Katakis said:

Ontopic: Like those replies. Bravado and Where did the fleet go sound also very familiar.

I'm that one person that is spawned way off to the side on the map alone about as far from everyone as I can get. (Usually)

Alpha Tester
110 posts
5,196 battles

"Hope springs eternal"

Fires volley of death from Kron at a slightly angled 10km DM. *Bounce bounce bounce bounce*

Gets better angle, fires again. *bounce bounce bounce bounce*

Gets better angle fires again etc.

and 180 on other side a perfectly broadside Neptune sails by

[H_]
Members
691 posts

The Chaos theory skill....  You hear this every match:  Look, we just lost a DD and it's game over man....   Those pesky "cascading determinants" screw up the Euclidean single plane of existence we all cling to for our sanity....  Yep, lose a DD in the Cap and an a loss is generated in the game effect.....

Yep, the CPT skill is called "GO"; for Game Over (man).....  The minute someone screams GO..........well, it's like an automatic "scatter mode" for the team..........and, you end up like S16_Hunter's comments:  "where'd everyone go?"