You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Col_Calibre

Ranked Battles

16 comments in this topic

[SPARO]
[SPARO]
Members
50 posts
4,180 battles

I have just begun to get into the Ranked Battles to see how well I fight.

It says that " Ranked Battles" are available for  ships of Tier V and Divisions. A star is awarded for a victory. You do not lose stars at this rank.

I am real curious how this works.  I have just finished 2 battles with a T6 ship and won both.  I see no stars anywhere and keep checking out where

they could be. Would someone have a more complete description of the parameters of this win system ??

I also see ranks beside others who have fought the Ranked Battles. At what point through these do we get stars or bars??

Thanks so much for your help with me through these Q&A's. :cap_hmm:

• Bad 1

[BIAS]
Members
3,058 posts
9,046 battles

Ranked is a separate mode. Click the drop down to select battle type and you will see a ranked option. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,249 posts
8,815 battles
Just now, Col_Calibre said:

I don't know which drop-down menu you are referring to.

Battle type.

[SPARO]
[SPARO]
Members
50 posts
4,180 battles

Alright, I found it. Now, can you explain about the winning part, why I don't have any stars since I have won 2 battles alone and give me a more in-depth

review of how they are obtained (and not in a short quick sentence.) Thank-you.  Please read more from my initial question.

[LOU1]
Members
2,898 posts
8,004 battles

Select Ranked Battles at the center top of your screen.  Play a battle in your Tier  ship and it will be easier to see and explain.  You earn a star with a win.  That will either advance you within the rank or advance to the next rank depending on the stars necessary.  You lose a star on a loss.  Highest XP player on the losing team does not lose a star.  You can go under your Profile and you can see the ranks and where you stand.

Also, when you played the T6 ships you were in Random battles, not Ranked, so they dot count.  Only battles played while in Ranked Battle mode count.

Info:

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/development/ranked-sprint/

Edited by ExploratorOne
  • Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
5,762 posts
9,488 battles

Unless you are using a quill or fountain pen, there is no need to write using cursive.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,264 posts
5,679 battles

Also if you look at the left side of the screen in port you will see a tab called Ranks. It will show you the progression chart and which ranks are irrevocable. Typically you have to win two consecutive battles at each rank to advance to the next rank. If you lose you can lose a star with one exception. If you are in first place in scoring on your team you will not lose a star if you are on the losing team. This season is limited to Tier 5 ships. 

[SPARO]
[SPARO]
Members
50 posts
4,180 battles

Thanks for your insight Exploratorone.  Basic, down to Earth answer and just what I needed.  You made a big hit with a single thought.

HazardDrake - Why do you even answer when you have no solution ? Your comment is unacceptable.

• Boring 1

[SPARO]
[SPARO]
Members
50 posts
4,180 battles

I love it Belthorian.  More goodness from the Intellectual Pool.  Totally understood now and much appreciated.

[INTEL]
Members
753 posts
7,949 battles
3 minutes ago, Col_Calibre said:

HazardDrake - Why do you even answer when you have no solution ? Your comment is unacceptable.

You dont get to unilaterally decide what's acceptable on a public forum.

Your use of a cursive script is difficult to read for some. I'm on my phone at the moment and couldn't read your post without enlarging it. Hazards response is a not so subtle hint that if you want answers it's best to not create difficulty for potential responders.

• Funny 1

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,264 posts
5,679 battles
9 minutes ago, Col_Calibre said:

I love it Belthorian.  More goodness from the Intellectual Pool.  Totally understood now and much appreciated.

I would also recommend that you division with a friend. Having two people who can communicate and pick ships that work well together will make your sprint ranked experience a lot more fun.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,249 posts
8,815 battles
12 minutes ago, Ares1967 said:

You dont get to unilaterally decide what's acceptable on a public forum.

Your use of a cursive script is difficult to read for some. I'm on my phone at the moment and couldn't read your post without enlarging it. Hazards response is a not so subtle hint that if you want answers it's best to not create difficulty for potential responders.

Then Hazard should have simply said that the choice of font was hard to read instead of acting like a donkey's rear.

• Cool 1

Members
1,540 posts
697 battles
28 minutes ago, Col_Calibre said:

I love it Belthorian.  More goodness from the Intellectual Pool. 

OK, what happened to the real Belthorian?

[WOLF9]
Members
1,048 posts
44 minutes ago, HazardDrake said:

Unless you are using a quill or fountain pen, there is no need to write using cursive.

Actually, that is still printing, just in a stylized font. Actual writing is much too powerful for the current crop of future fast food industry employees. Analog clock faces are similarly OP.

[SPARO]
[SPARO]
Members
50 posts
4,180 battles

I did not use a cursive script. I never have and never plan to use it. My menu said either Comic Sans MS or Default.

All I did was to use BOLD to make the small font easier to read for me as well on a 9 or 10 font. Too darned small.

I will not use my soapbox for this however, before you lay blame for something, it must be clear of your intent and

assuredly not public for all to see. If you have a legitimate answer or solution, state that or stay out of the conversation.

Include something useful and let that stand.  Hazard, this is what you get for reacting too soon without giving it much thought for the question you are

answering. Plesae don't use this on someone else and be careful of your "thoughtful" answers before you say something that has no use

in the thread.

Belthorian - I have fought in many divisions and enjoyed them totally even in the Helloween operations. Lost a few of those too.

Thank-you for being kind and right to the point.