You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
MannyD_of_The_Sea

West Virginia - Wargaming, It's Time to Think Outside the Box

33 comments in this topic

Members
989 posts
5,724 battles

1. Make the West Virginia upgradable from T6 to T7 via Research/XP of the B Hull (1944 refit)

2. Like the 406/420 guns on the FdG/GK, allow the hulls/tier selection of the ship to be switchable once unlocked, mounted, & purchased the first time.

3. Commit to this, and sell more T6 West Virginia's than you can otherwise reasonably hope for.

4. If that is TOO outside the box, make it like the Boise/Nueve de Julio and have missions to unlock the second ship from the purchase of the first.

Edited by MannyD_of_The_Sea
  • Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 4

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,801 posts
14 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

1. Make the West Virginia upgradable from T6 to T7 via Research/XP of the B Hull (1944 refit)

2. Like the 406/420 guns on the FdG/GK, allow the hulls/tier selection of the ship to be switchable once unlocked, mounted, & purchased the first time.

3. Commit to this, and sell more T6 West Virginia's than you can otherwise reasonably hope for.

4. If that is TOO outside the box, make it like the Boise/Nueve de Julio and have missions to unlock the second ship from the purchase of the first.

Or just sell both versions.  I don't care as long as I get the '44 eventually.

I don't understand this sense of entitlement surrounding the Tier 6 version.   If you don't want the Tier 6 version, just wait for '44 and buy it when it comes out.  What is so difficult about that?

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Members
32 posts
1,988 battles

I'm new. Are there any ships that change tier when different hull modules are mounted? If not, that could require a fair bit of bug testing if they made new code to do it.

It would be a nice addition for some other ships too, though. Like Kongo could have a T4 or T5 battlecruiser hull module to represent its pre-refit status.

Hell, they could go one step further and add purchasable premium modules for existing ships so you could modify a them into different historical refit versions.

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,376 posts
7,971 battles

Or, they could just stop being stubborn and reskin/badge the ship as Maryland, which honestly makes more sense.

• Cool 2

[WOLFB]
Members
2,587 posts
4,964 battles
2 minutes ago, WanderingGhost said:

Or, they could just stop being stubborn and reskin/badge the ship as Maryland, which honestly makes more sense.

Yep but that is to easy 

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,092 posts
9,212 battles

Honestly the tier 6 version looks pretty dang tough. 16 inch guns at tier 6 is going to be hilarious.

Members
989 posts
5,724 battles
1 minute ago, TheDreadnought said:

I don't understand this sense of entitlement surrounding the Tier 6 version.   If you don't want the Tier 6 version, just wait for '44 and buy it when it comes out.  What is so difficult about that?

Nothing. I may well get neither.

I just saw so much "either/or" over the last few months, and now a lot of skepticism over whether WG will follow through on their "T6 now,T7 later" stance. It just seems attempting something novel might retrieve some of the waning interest.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Members
989 posts
5,724 battles
16 minutes ago, wjp120 said:

Are there any ships that change tier when different hull modules are mounted? If not, that could require a fair bit of bug testing if they made new code to do it.

That's what makes it outside the box.

• Bad 1

Members
135 posts
1 hour ago, TheDreadnought said:

Because he doesn't want to be charged twice for the same ship.... what is so difficult to understand about that? Every other ship get upgrades to represent the same ship across time. Except this one pretty much.

Edited by ModDestroyer_1

[ARGSY]
Members
5,801 posts
3,966 battles
1 hour ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

Make the West Virginia upgradable from T6 to T7 via Research/XP of the B Hull (1944 refit)

The first ever "premium tech tree" ship. :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1

[REVY]
Members
938 posts
7,309 battles
1 hour ago, wjp120 said:

I'm new. Are there any ships that change tier when different hull modules are mounted? If not, that could require a fair bit of bug testing if they made new code to do it.

It would be a nice addition for some other ships too, though. Like Kongo could have a T4 or T5 battlecruiser hull module to represent its pre-refit status.

Hell, they could go one step further and add purchasable premium modules for existing ships so you could modify a them into different historical refit versions.

there are a few cases where the Original 'A' hull has been released as a Tier lower sister ship. Amagi and Nagato's original 'A' Dreadnought hull was released a tier lower as Ashitaka and Mutsu.

Kongo did have an original 'A' hull battlecruiser hull in game. The issue was (and still is) that the 'A' hull was severely AA deficient, and usually easily deleted by other ships.

For the most part, most of the original 'A' hull dreadnought hulls have been removed, with much rejoicing by those who are grinding them.

Members
989 posts
5,724 battles
9 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

The first ever "premium tech tree" ship. :Smile_teethhappy:

1. No. The whole Boise/Nueve de Julio point has been brought up in this thread, where you bought one, and ground for the other.

2. Unlike tech tree ships, you could switch back if, say, a T6 Ranked/Ranked Sprint pops up.

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,207 posts
5,669 battles

The thing is Wargaming does not care about the customer. You will consume the game how they tell you too, not how you want to. It wouldn't make a difference if your suggestion would make them 10X the money, if it is not what they want they don't care. 

• Cool 1

[SF-E]
Beta Testers
944 posts
4,063 battles
1 hour ago, TheDreadnought said:

I dont mind seeing a tier 6 Colorado class I dont even mind it being a tier 6 WV but what dont like is how they are making a 1941 wv but using the 1944 camo so people probably fear that WG is using this as an out so they will not have to make a WV44. And if you going to make the WV 41 at least give it the proper 1941 pearl harbor camo similar to the Arizonans i believe but with 2 black turrets and 1 red. 

• Cool 1

Members
1,525 posts
672 battles
8 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

The thing is Wargaming does not care about the customer. You will consume the game how they tell you too, not how you want to. It wouldn't make a difference if your suggestion would make them 10X the money, if it is not what they want they don't care. 

Most companies (not just WG) do this.  Somewhere WG has some numbers that tell them WV41 is a good idea (probably in the cost of WV41 development already spent vs. WV44 to be spent).

Is this going to make them money?  Who knows.

Or maybe they are working on WV44, and WV41 is new Coke.

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,207 posts
5,669 battles
16 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Most companies (not just WG) do this.  Somewhere WG has some numbers that tell them WV41 is a good idea (probably in the cost of WV41 development already spent vs. WV44 to be spent).

Is this going to make them money?  Who knows.

Or maybe they are working on WV44, and WV41 is new Coke.

They can not tell me that is cost them more than 10 bucks to develop the WV41. They have to have a programming tool that loads the ship and allows them to change any number they want. Same thing for the appearance...it is already a Colorado A hull. All they had to do was paste in West Virginia across the stern. 

Members
1,525 posts
672 battles
Just now, Belthorian said:

They can not tell me that is cost them more than 10 bucks to develop the WV41. They have to have a programming tool that loads the ship and allows them to change any number they want. Same thing for the appearance...it is already a Colorado A hull. All they had to do was paste in West Virginia across the stern. 

I doubt it is quite that simple, but even if it is, there is a significant difference in developing WV44.

I happen to agree that WV44 will be a much bigger sell.

Someone at WG probably has data that tells a different story.  Bad business decisions usually work this way.

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,207 posts
5,669 battles
4 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

I doubt it is quite that simple, but even if it is, there is a significant difference in developing WV44.

I happen to agree that WV44 will be a much bigger sell.

Someone at WG probably has data that tells a different story.  Bad business decisions usually work this way.

I think the decision was more of a how can we make a premium ship based off of existing work so there isn't a development cycle. 

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,801 posts
1 hour ago, ModDestroyer_1 said:

Because he doesn't want to be charged twice for the same ship.... what is so difficult to understand about that? Every other ship get upgrades to represent the same ship across time. Except this one pretty much.

• Because it's not the same ship.  There's a Tier 6 ship, and another Tier 7 ship with a similar name but different stats and a different model.
  • There is no premium ship that gets normal module upgrades to represent the same ship across time.
  • There is no ship that changes tiers when upgraded.

There's no reason they should give away two ships for the price of one.

If you want WV 1941, buy it.   If not, don't.

If you want WV 1944, buy it when it becomes available.  If not, don't.

Historically the rebuild was so substantial they weren't even really the same ship anymore.

There's just no logic being this weird request - other than PES (Player Entitlement Syndrome.)

Members
1,525 posts
672 battles
Just now, Belthorian said:

I think the decision was more of a how can we make a premium ship based off of existing work so there isn't a development cycle. 

Which is probably a directive from above to have "X" new premiums a year.  And everyone is working on rendering subs and the CV rework, so they need an easy one.

Members
17,788 posts
5,084 battles
2 hours ago, paradat said:

Honestly the tier 6 version looks pretty dang tough. 16 inch guns at tier 6 is going to be hilarious.

Mutsu already has them....

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,092 posts
9,212 battles
35 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

Mutsu already has them....

Yep also very fun.

[SF-E]
Beta Testers
944 posts
4,063 battles
56 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:
  • Because it's not the same ship.  There's a Tier 6 ship, and another Tier 7 ship with a similar name but different stats and a different model.
  • There is no premium ship that gets normal module upgrades to represent the same ship across time.
  • There is no ship that changes tiers when upgraded.

There's no reason they should give away two ships for the price of one.

If you want WV 1941, buy it.   If not, don't.

If you want WV 1944, buy "IF"it becomes available.  If not, don't.

Historically the rebuild was so substantial they weren't even really the same ship anymore.

There's just no logic being this weird request - other than PES (Player Entitlement Syndrome.)

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,801 posts
1 hour ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

Don't think for a moment that your own limited intellectual capacity is representative of anyone else's limit.

The logic is really simple:

Wargaming should consider novel solutions to develop and market a ship that:

1. For which some customers have specific expectations, that their original plan did not meet, and 

2. Customers are wary of their modified plan.

And examples were provided.

Now, I'm going to proceed as if this still eludes you, as your subsequent posts show no better ability to grasp the foregoing, than did your original.

I understand, but disagree with, those who misuse the word "entitlement" because they don't understand the word "entitlement". I said I may buy neither. What's so difficult to understand about that? I'm asking any third party to please answer; you appear to be so top-end limited that you reply will be worthless.

For the record, the following  is a statement that thoroughly evinces an entitlement mentality:

And, thank you for treating us to the following gem as well:

1. I never said two ships should be "given away" for the price of one. I never even said two should be sold for the price of one. That having been said, I remind the thinking reader that WG sold the Boise/Nueve de Julio combo for about $15 more (about 40% more) than the cost of the base ship. And with 4000 doubloons thrown in, that made the ship cost just about two for the price of, ummmmmm...one.

Link:

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/deals/premium-shop-july/

2. I never even said it was "two" ships, I posited (dictionary if you need one, The Dreadnought) the possibility of one "switchable" ship

The title of my post was amazingly prescient (dictionary if you need one, The Dreadnought): The title suggested that WARGAMING think outside the box... I didn't think everyone would or could. Those who can't, well, shouldn't. Then, there are a shining few, who, just....just need to realize how small their personal intellectual box is.

I feel sorry for you.  That this pathetic post full of random attacks is something I'm sure you feel is some crowning achievement.

• You failed to refute the fact that it's two different ships at two different tiers.  WV '41 could just as well be called Maryland, as many asked for.
  • You failed to refute the fact that no other premium offers "upgrades" that change its tier,.
  • Your only argument is an unrelated apples to oranges comparison to a cruiser that gets some largely cosmetic changes in its different incarnation.  Not a substantially different ship that occupies different tiers.
  • You just failed.

If this is your proud display of "logic" I feel bad for you.

Since you seem to be incapable of carrying on any kind of rational conversation, or making well reasoned arguments.  Welcome to the ignore list.

Members
2,883 posts
1,365 battles
4 hours ago, paradat said:

Yeah for the target, as they watch u miss 64 straight shells from 5km cuz 1.5 sigma....