TheURLGuy

Let’s Talk About "Clans: Fight Against Another Region!"

46 comments in this topic

[WGA]
WG Staff
362 posts
717 battles

Participate in testing of the new cross-server matchmaker and prepare for a fresh season of Clan Battles.

Read it here!

Members
95 posts
11,584 battles

Please note: prime time can only be selected once per day and settings will be reset once the prime time of the American server ends. After this you will be able to select the best time for you once again. You will also be able to see the reset time in the game client.”

If we select the EU prime time, does this mean we can’t play the NA prime time, on the same day?

How come we can play on more than 1 server per day?

[WGA]
Administrator, Developers
1,202 posts
6,937 battles
1 hour ago, BeefyMetal said:

Please note: prime time can only be selected once per day and settings will be reset once the prime time of the American server ends. After this you will be able to select the best time for you once again. You will also be able to see the reset time in the game client.”

If we select the EU prime time, does this mean we can’t play the NA prime time, on the same day?

How come we can play on more than 1 server per day?

This feature is still new and is still undergoing testing.

We are limiting the number of sessions per day as the primary purpose is to gather data and information.

Thanks for understanding!

#anchorsaweigh

[AK]
Members
32 posts
15,301 battles

I signed AK up for the NA server tonight @ 19:30. Page showed 11 hrs til start. Great I thought. Now after work I get a CB session over. Whats up with this?

[VW]
Members
2,383 posts
14,123 battles

This is a great step towards making clan battles available for everyone. However, as usual WG botched the effort by forcing one to pick one time zone per day. For the love, the point is to make it available. Let people play whenever wherever during a large bracket of time (24/7 like ranked obviously being the ideal). Why add the ridiculous time zone choice?

Edited by monpetitloup
  • Cool 1

[BB22]
Members
42 posts
8,245 battles

I am confused, is there somewhere to register to participate or is it open to anyone?  I love the concept and a number of my clan have often wondered if there might be day games at one point.  

[187]
Members
1,188 posts
7,662 battles

27 minutes ago, Golden_Gopher said:

I am confused, is there somewhere to register to participate or is it open to anyone?  I love the concept and a number of my clan have often wondered if there might be day games at one point.  

What Is a Cross-Server Matchmaker?

It is an option that allows clan commanders to select their preferred prime time for any of the four servers: Europe, America, Asia, or the CIS.

How Do I Engage in Battles on Another Server?

Select a prime time suitable for your clan from a special menu under the Clan Battles icon in the Battle Type section. If you did not select a prime time but have already assembled a Division and are ready to get into your first Clan Battle today, then after clicking the Battle! button, the Division commander will see a window in which they are able to confirm the prime time selection.

Edited by C_D

[ANKER]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
1,098 posts
3,563 battles

And it looks like it's broken again. Now out of curiosity, can we get the number of matches extended, or requirements shortened for reward now? With only 2 nights left, it leaves no flexibility if you want rewards as the clan can only participate in one TZ per night. 2 nights in a row of nothing is frustrating, and leaves people less motivated to turn up for the next one.

• Cool 1

[WGA]
1,202 posts
6,937 battles
1 hour ago, danredda1616 said:

And it looks like it's broken again. Now out of curiosity, can we get the number of matches extended, or requirements shortened for reward now? With only 2 nights left, it leaves no flexibility if you want rewards as the clan can only participate in one TZ per night. 2 nights in a row of nothing is frustrating, and leaves people less motivated to turn up for the next one.

Clan battles is currently offline and  the engineers are working on this right now.

There is no estimated time for a fix, but will pass along any information when it becomes available.

#anchorsaweigh

[KSD]
Members
72 posts
4,833 battles

Will any extensions be given for this test to ensure players are able to fulfill the reward requirements?

[WGA]
1,202 posts
6,937 battles
19 minutes ago, ASR37 said:

Will any extensions be given for this test to ensure players are able to fulfill the reward requirements?

The engineering team's efforts are currently focused on getting clan battles online for all regions.

Once the service is stable and available for all to participate, then we can take a look at how to move forward with the remainder of the test season.

#anchorsaweigh

[PIZZA]
Supertester
948 posts
21,098 battles

Gneis??  In port clan battles after clicking schedule, the last sentence says "ships of tier X are allowed to participate in clan battles."    Is this correct?  Or is it tier 6?  

[SFBG]
[SFBG]
Members
1,586 posts
8,258 battles
18 hours ago, monpetitloup said:

This is a great step towards making clan battles available for everyone. However, as usual WG botched the effort by forcing one to pick one time zone per day. For the love, the point is to make it available. Let people play whenever wherever during a large bracket of time (24/7 like ranked obviously being the ideal). Why add the ridiculous time zone choice?

This has been explained over and over... Making it available 24/7 will dilute the number of teams to the point of cue times being HOURS long. 

Concentrating the teams to a specific time window helps MM find a suitable match for each team within a reasonable amount of wait time. 

• Cool 2

[-MEG-]
Beta Testers
26 posts
12,981 battles

while i am not participating in testing, i'm more curious about about how its going. our clan has a discussion ongoing in discord atm about what tier it will be, ship types allowed, etc. but it sounds like your not really getting much testing done with technical issues.

[WGA]
1,202 posts
6,937 battles
5 hours ago, BaronVonTom said:

Gneis??  In port clan battles after clicking schedule, the last sentence says "ships of tier X are allowed to participate in clan battles."    Is this correct?  Or is it tier 6?  

Today's clan battles session was cancelled due to technical problems. It should be Tier VI but won't be able to investigate until the service is back online.

I'll check it when the service becomes available.

#anchorsaweigh

[PIZZA]
Supertester
948 posts
21,098 battles
21 minutes ago, Gneisenau013 said:

Today's clan battles session was cancelled due to technical problems. It should be Tier VI but won't be able to investigate until the service is back online.

I'll check it when the service becomes available.

#anchorsaweigh

Thanks Gneis...know ur busy appreciate the answer. IT IS FIXED Gneis!!!  Says tier 6 now....thank you!

Edited by BaronVonTom
  • Cool 1

[VW]
Members
2,383 posts
14,123 battles
6 hours ago, OtterWolf said:

This has been explained over and over... Making it available 24/7 will dilute the number of teams to the point of cue times being HOURS long. 

Concentrating the teams to a specific time window helps MM find a suitable match for each team within a reasonable amount of wait time. 

Absolutely ridiculous. People will play when they are online. Will have no effect whatsoever on q times.

• Boring 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,137 posts
19,951 battles
45 minutes ago, ChronicallyChronic said:

Ya'll seem to have made this needlessly over complicated.

They kind of excel at doing that..... 

• Cool 1

[WAIFU]
Beta Testers
17 posts
2,554 battles

Is there a new day added on Thursday? The website seems to state that. Hopefully they'll add a Monday maybe, just so it's easier to get the requirements. I can't imagine cutting the testing time in half is good for testing either.

[MR-1]
Members
34 posts
8,658 battles

how can WOW justify that anytime of the day is a prime time for a clan to participate on another  server when 3/4 of us are sleeping,working or playing all at the same time on the NA server .

bad idea  . you expect us to skip work or stay up late at night just so we can play against the EU players which are 7hrs+ ahead of us from the east coast or the Asian server that are around 10+ hours ahead of us . stupid idea  just leave it the way it is . stop trying to fix that aint broke , like your game centre

oh your game centre still doesn't work  after trying everything possible for the past month

Edited by Gaelic_knight

[SFBG]
[SFBG]
Members
1,586 posts
8,258 battles
3 hours ago, monpetitloup said:

Absolutely ridiculous. People will play when they are online. Will have no effect whatsoever on q times.

Equally as ridiculous.  You obviously didn't play team battles, or haven't been in hurricane league.

• Cool 1

[WAIFU]
Beta Testers
17 posts
2,554 battles

Is there actually clan battles starting in 4 hours? Both tonight and tomorrow?

Edit: Also, 9 hour long CB session?

CB Times.png

Edited by SevenandForty