You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Bill_Halsey

Rank Sprint Ship Table by win rate

46 comments in this topic

[TOG]
Members
2,397 posts
14,660 battles

Kinda interesting..the gremash is the go to ship.

Popular warships

Warship
Type
Popularity
Win rate
Avg. damage

Gremyashchy    Gremyashchy Destroyer 3.1% 57.22% 29 200 Leaderboard
Furutaka    Furutaka Cruiser 2.7% 56.74% 27 831 Leaderboard
Kamikaze R    Kamikaze R Destroyer 5.1% 55.88% 26 929 Leaderboard
Kamikaze    Kamikaze Destroyer 2.5% 55.75% 25 840 Leaderboard
Nicholas    Nicholas Destroyer 5% 55.1% 20 483 Leaderboard
Émile Bertin    Émile Bertin Cruiser 2.1% 54.92% 25 496 Leaderboard
Königsberg    Königsberg Cruiser 3.9% 54.83% 27 636 Leaderboard
Fūjin    Fūjin Destroyer 1.8% 54.74% 25 436 Leaderboard
Giulio Cesare    Giulio Cesare Battleship 12.1% 54.72% 54 483 Leaderboard
Okhotnik    Okhotnik Destroyer 2.8% 54.66% 24 885 Leaderboard
Bogue    Bogue Aircraft Carrier 2.8% 54.38% 31 762 Leaderboard
Jianwei    Jianwei Destroyer 0.8% 53.16% 18 968 Leaderboard
ARP Haruna    ARP Haruna Battleship 0.9% 53.14% 42 484 Leaderboard
Iron Duke    Iron Duke Battleship 2.3% 52.86% 43 345 Leaderboard
ARP Kongō    ARP Kongō Battleship 3.1% 52.73% 43 626 Leaderboard
Marblehead    Marblehead Cruiser 0.8% 52.64% 29 746 Leaderboard
Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya    Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya Battleship 7.1% 52.13% 46 359 Leaderboard
Kongo    Kongo Battleship 3.3% 52.06% 40 918 Leaderboard
König    König Battleship 2.9% 51.09% 41 235 Leaderboard
Krasny Krym    Krasny Krym Cruiser 0.4% 50.84% 31 515 Leaderboard
Texas    Texas Battleship 6.6% 50.76% 43 746 Leaderboard
ARP Kirishima    ARP Kirishima Battleship 0.9% 50.56% 41 970 Leaderboard
Omaha    Omaha Cruiser 2.2% 50.5% 23 685 Leaderboard
Kirov    Kirov Cruiser 2.3% 50.48% 26 432 Leaderboard
T-22    T-22 Destroyer 1.9% 50.27% 15 440 Leaderboard
Minekaze    Minekaze Destroyer 3.4% 50.23% 17 330 Leaderboard
Podvoisky    Podvoisky Destroyer 0.8% 50.08% 19 301 Leaderboard
Murmansk    Murmansk Cruiser 1.8% 49.68% 28 516 Leaderboard
New York    New York Battleship 1.8% 49.07% 35 054 Leaderboard
Marblehead Lima    Marblehead Lima Cruiser 0.3% 49.04% 27 711 Leaderboard
ARP Hiei    ARP Hiei Battleship 0.8% 48.99% 39 711 Leaderboard
Emerald    Emerald Cruiser 1.7% 48.77% 16 950 Leaderboard
Acasta    Acasta Destroyer 4.9% 48.59% 15 372 Leaderboard
Zuiho    Zuiho Aircraft Carrier 1.4% 48.42% 32 230 Leaderboard
Mutsuki    Mutsuki Destroyer 2.2% 47.46% 16 398 Leaderboard
Bretagne    Bretagne Battleship 1.4% 46.31% 37 542 Leaderboard
  • Cool 2

[-K-]
[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,763 posts
6,737 battles

Here is a question I have about this table. If you open leaderboards, you will notice that they start keeping track of players after 21 games. But it takes as little as 13 games to rank out this short season.

So the overall table we have above, does that only include people who played more than 20 games in these ships, or does it include everyone who played?

[SUCIT]
Members
783 posts
3,509 battles
1 minute ago, vak_ said:

Here is a question I have about this table. If you open leaderboards, you will notice that they start keeping track of players after 21 games. But it takes as little as 13 games to rank out this short season.

So the overall table we have above does that only include people who played more than 20 games in these ships, or does that I lj unde everyone? Does anybody know?

I ranked out in 16 battles using the Kami and the GC.  I'm not included on the list, and it doesn't show any stats for this ranked season for me.  

I'd imagine it does not include the people who ranked out in under 20 games.  

[-K-]
[-K-]
5,763 posts
6,737 battles
2 minutes ago, XpliCT_ said:

I'd imagine it does not include the people who ranked out in under 20 games.  

If it doesn't, then the table is not extremely accurate.

Do the people that run WoWS Numbers frequent this forum? Could we tag them? Maybe they'll answer. 

[SUCIT]
Members
783 posts
3,509 battles
1 minute ago, vak_ said:

If it doesn't, then the table is not extremely accurate.

Do the people that run WoWS Numbers frequent this forum? Could we tag them? Maybe they'll answer. 

There's the little contact option on the bottom of the website.  I'm not sure what region the people who run it are from, nor if they come on the forums at all.

[SPTR]
Members
3,459 posts
5,674 battles

That is very queer, I honestly expected the Bretagne to fair much better this season. What surprised me more is how popular and successful the furutaka is in this Battleship and destroyer predominant season.

And also Giulio Cesare is  F A I R   A N D   B A L A N C E D )))))))

[TOG]
Members
2,397 posts
14,660 battles

I got 16 battles in the Gremash at rank 4. I'm not no it either. So it is under reported.

[-K-]
Members
5,110 posts
8,970 battles

Ironically, I found a lot of success ranking out with Okhotnik.  She served as a nice hard counter to all the Kami-clones sneaking around.  Then again, I seen a lot of well played Mutsukis and Minekazes out there too.  On the other end, Acastas seemed to suffer pretty badly whenever they showed up.

[SPTR]
Members
3,459 posts
5,674 battles
1 minute ago, Ace_04 said:

Which is quite surprising. The ship has everything she needs to be a very predominant cap contester-unreal concealment, very hefty artillery suite (the same with her tier 6 successor which suits her just fine), and excellent agility. True, her hitpoint pool leaves some to be desired, but I am still very surprised with how badly they seem to perform in this season. Perhaps it is with players lacking an experienced captain for her? Or it's just that the poor ballistics of the ship takes some getting used to?

Either way, I believe the Acasta is not performing as well as she should be

[DANKY]
Members
445 posts
1,565 battles

I have to assume the Krasny Krym is slightly above 50% because most of the people with that monstrous OP ship sailed through ranked too fast to be counted. 

• Funny 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
5,763 posts
6,737 battles
15 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Ironically, I found a lot of success ranking out with Okhotnik.  She served as a nice hard counter to all the Kami-clones sneaking around.  Then again, I seen a lot of well played Mutsukis and Minekazes out there too.  On the other end, Acastas seemed to suffer pretty badly whenever they showed up.

Oknhotnik is fine. Low concealement coupled with great guns, a nice alternative to Kami, with her low concealement and great torps.

But Gremmy is better than either one of those ships for running solo, just because she can do both -- torpedo effectively and gunboat effectively. Gremmy concealement isn't awesome by any means, but for solo mode it's good enough. Your primary job is carrying and capping, as opposed to primarily doing vision control and screening in a DD/BB div. 

[SPTR]
Members
3,459 posts
5,674 battles
1 minute ago, vak_ said:

I have to agree. Oknhotnik is a very arduous ship to deal with, both for her captain and for the enemy destroyers. She can take random and air dropped torpedoes and catches battleship shells like no other. Gremmy is just flat out more versatile, especially with her 8km torpedoes and her well balanced 130mm guns with excellent AP penetration. As far as her skill ceiling is concerned, the sky's the limit, literally.

[SSU]
Members
341 posts
3,613 battles

I just see this season as a chance to play some tier 5s and not worry about playing against tier 7 ships. A lot of these ships are fun at tier 5 but really not fun when uptiered. Kamikaze and gc doesn't need ranked to be extremely playable. So I'm sticking with tech tree tier 5s I held because they were fun.

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
290 posts
9,617 battles

I guess I'm a slow learner since it took me 30 battles to reach rank one. I used the Texas at the end to close it out and that ship is pretty fun considering it's anemic speed, at least compared to the Stromboli of Doom. Also, no fear from CVs when they occasionally popped up. 

Regardless, I liked the Tier 5 ranked sprint. Looking forward to the next one. :Smile_great:

• Cool 1

Members
3,317 posts
8,055 battles

I ranked out with Nicholas in 24 matches, solo.

qisLoCt.jpg

Edited by lemekillmister

[WOLFC]
Members
150 posts
13,620 battles

Ten matches in my Podvoisky with an 80% win rate. Gremy gave me the most trouble among the DDs. Never encountered an Okhotnik while in my Pod so don't know how I'd fare against him. Got lots of practice dodging torps while hunting IJN DDs. Whenever an IJN DD would stray from her supporting ships, she'd become vulnerable. With the small number of ships per team I didn't have to worry so much about getting focus fired while hunting and gunning down the enemy DDs despite the poor concealment of the Pod. Got blapped by a BB in only one match. But not before I sank their Kami. :Smile_Default:

The balance of my ranked games were in the CG and one match in the Okt. Rev., just 'cuz.

Only saw CVs in one match out of 17. I find it mildly amusing that the one plane I shot down out of all the matches was in my Podvoisky.

Overall a positive experience. Nice to be able to play tier 5 against tier 5 just to see how the various ships perform.

[B2P]
[B2P]
Beta Testers
133 posts
6,988 battles
1 hour ago, vak_ said:

So the overall table we have above, does that only include people who played more than 20 games in these ships, or does it include everyone who played?

Yeah it only accounts for ships that have at least 20 battles, just like the other leaderboards for each ship in Randoms and prior Ranked seasons on that site. So either way it's never going to be super accurate due to the short season.

[UDEAD]
[UDEAD]
Beta Testers
1,026 posts
10,226 battles

There is a very good reason why the Gremy isn't sold anymore, it outshines every other tier 5 DD, even the super capable Kamikaze/Fujin class.  The incredible gun range with aft (14.3) and the shell velocity to actually hit things out there with a good % fire chance means it's a threat to every ship on the other team.  I bought mine for the closed beta access, and it's still a beautiful ship to look at and to play.

[SALVO]
Members
16,721 posts
17,314 battles
1 hour ago, MinkeWhale said:

I just see this season as a chance to play some tier 5s and not worry about playing against tier 7 ships. A lot of these ships are fun at tier 5 but really not fun when uptiered. Kamikaze and gc doesn't need ranked to be extremely playable. So I'm sticking with tech tree tier 5s I held because they were fun.

Whale, I actually prefer not being top tier in my KamiR when I played it a lot.  Why?  Because I preferred being able to play on larger maps where the Kami's great concealment wasn't neutralized by the close quarters of smaller tier 5 max maps.

[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
1,507 posts
8,037 battles
2 hours ago, The_first_harbinger said:

That is very queer, I honestly expected the Bretagne to fair much better this season. What surprised me more is how popular and successful the furutaka is in this Battleship and destroyer predominant season.

And also Giulio Cesare is  F A I R   A N D   B A L A N C E D )))))))

Most players never realize that 203mm cannons turn Furry Tacco into a stealth torping lolpen napalm machine. Not to mention Furataka is fast, making repositioning easy.

[-K-]
[-K-]
5,763 posts
6,737 battles
2 minutes ago, Crokodone said:

Most players never realize that 203mm cannons turn Furry Tacco into a stealth torping lolpen napalm machine. Not to mention Furataka is fast, making repositioning easy.

Furry Taco is an amazing cruiser that doesn't get enough credit. After the huge buff where it got the twin turrets it's basically an Aoba (which is also decent), but a tier lower.

• Cool 1

[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
1,507 posts
8,037 battles
Just now, vak_ said:

Furry Taco is an amazing cruiser that doesn't get enough credit. After the huge buff where it got the twin turrets it's basically an Aoba (which is also decent), but a tier lower.

An Aoba with if memory serves better torpedo arcs.

Members
91 posts
2,867 battles

The stats site must be one of those that reports only on people who have been searched for or something....  note the average win pct, very high.  Just a few ships under 50 with not so many percent games attached.  If the non reporting on LT 21 games were included this would get more extreme yet.  Looks like a subset of good players somehow.