You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Reymu

Weekend spree

17 comments in this topic

[NG-NL]
Members
4,948 posts
8,094 battles

More a so-so this time. Less than 2 million to go on Z52's credit mission, almost halfway w/ Zao's base XP, and picked up Shima again. Seattle's research, Lion's got her B hull and a tendency to get potato teams (gotten used to that ridiculous heal).

Joined clanmates for the Halloween Ops. It's a fun side diversion, but becomes drain on credits if keep buying resets on the 30min CDs.

Best match this week (and think new personal best in damage and torp hits in any DD):

lQQDGnU.jpg

Charged into C, lit and hydro'd a Shimakaze, he smoked, I charged in to ram when he beached, he just narrowly dodged, but my 1st TB had reloaded (fire a blind torp into cap now) and FB/DS. Wooster flushes me out but he doesn't leave cover, so got away. Ruined a Conqueror next while team and reds are duking it out, then an FDG tries chasing me around island despite my hydro, one torp spread later he's at 50% and repaired, nudge around to let second TB reload before letting him have chance to kill me (my team over at AB was kicking reds around, so thought the FDG would appreciate a consolation kill) while last torp volley; 4 hit, and 10 seconds later floods out for Flesh Wound and DS.

Saw @Turbotush in his Wooster. Maybe I should offer him dubloons to hunt me down just for laughs?

• Cool 1

[SIM]
Members
2,414 posts
4,049 battles

Played the Cossack a lot, and I continue to be aghast at how bad that the ship is at inflicting damage. I did have a couple of goofs, scoring a Double Strike in the Yubari, and detonating a 2/3rds hitpoint Bismarck with a stray torpedo from my T-61. Otherwise I was just grinding out Coal for the Salem, while trying to dodge radar ships in the Cossack. 

Edit: Oh, and I went into Ranked Sprint for the first time, in the Cesare. A Kongo on my team and I both got High Caliber medals. Needless to say, we won.

Edited by SkaerKrow

Members
1,451 posts
650 battles

Learned that Nassau dispersion at close range can get you a team damage penalty.  Sorry whoever's DD that was.

Also learned the ins and outs of the Tier III op.

[SF-3]
Members
1,426 posts
7,867 battles

Kind of a chill weekend. Mostly played the CV beta, and some T5 ranked. There are some really terrible players in this ranked sprint, were talking like me needing to get 4 kills to carry the win, all kinds of ships yoloing into caps, etc..

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,645 posts
9,957 battles

kkme6jCg.jpg

'Scientific Research'.

[-K-]
Members
5,038 posts
8,925 battles

Blased through the Ranked Sprint in two days.  Was pretty fun with the smaller maps and quicker matches.  A 66% win rate helps the fun factor as well.  Used Okhotnik as a hard counter to all the Kamikaze-clones sneaking around out there.  Nicholas is also able to do some nice work there too.

Somehow managed to 5-star the Saving Transylvania on the first try on Friday, which was nice to get out of the way.  Now have unlocked Jervis and am starting to grind through her.  Might put some time into the CV beta test as well this week with all the other missions cleared up.

[ADAPT]
Members
803 posts
12,734 battles

Ranked out in weekend..first time rank 1..but, not so happy cause take me 50 battles!!!!

Beta Testers
1,005 posts
13,523 battles

Was a rough go this last weekend...played like a rookie, each decision was the wrong one....nothing clicked at all.

[NOOOB]
Members
1,432 posts
12,020 battles

Have to say it was a fun weekend with the Holloween operations, ranked sprint and RN missions.  Nice to be able to bounce around and pay a few different modes to keep the game fun.

Dabbled in ranked sprint a little bit - about 3 or 4 matches each day.  At rank 6 at this point, had a couple of Noob moment games, and a few games where I could not cary enough to win.  Have only played DDs up to this point, since seems to be pivotal in wins.  Do like the format and while a lot of premium ships, some pretty impactful tech tree ships also.

Missions for RN and Hockey took up some time - secondaries requirement took a few games since I seemed to get on awful teams when running my Repubic - tried once in Tirpitz (tier 10 game), finally finished in Bismarck ( was top tier for the first time in a long time).  Also, finished level 4 of the Halsey campaign, got two supercontainers, one had 14-days of premium time, which I am very thankful for.

Overall, a pretty enjoyable weekend playing WOW

Members
810 posts
26,705 battles
6 hours ago, Reymu said:

lQQDGnU.jpg

Saw @Turbotush in his Wooster. Maybe I should offer him dubloons to hunt me down just for laughs?

LOL!   I would do it for free just for fun!  Was good to see you and it was a fun match and was awesome to watch you work.      :Smile_honoring:

[BIAS]
Members
2,991 posts
8,952 battles

Played some Montana games with some great cv spotting. 

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,022 posts
9,182 battles

LIttle bit of everything in WOWS on Saturday. Had a lot of fun. Sunday was all Black Desert.

[SWOB]
Members
2,705 posts
15,503 battles
33 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

Played some Montana games with some great cv spotting. 

That sounds BIAS.

• Funny 1

[-BRS-]
Members
1,601 posts
13,148 battles

Well I didn't have a lot of time this weekend but did rank out pretty fast and gotta watch some of the KOTS tournament which was fun watching the top dogs go at it:cap_rambo:

[-BRS-]
Members
1,601 posts
13,148 battles
18 minutes ago, sbcptnitro said:

That sounds BIAS.

It's because you have no borders:cap_look:

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,015 posts
11,530 battles

Unlocked my Seattle on EU, and ranked out on NA with my Krasny Krym

[WOLF9]
Members
3,133 posts

Very so-so.

Did not play at all Friday or Saturday, due to lack of interest.

Sunday, I decided to give tier 5 Ranked and the Halloween mission a go.

It was strangely reminiscent of the first tier 8 season:   First few games were awesome!!  Edge of the seat squeakers, where both teams fought like they were playing a combat game- and actually wanted to win.   Very brawly, and quite fun.  Guilio did the best of the 3 BB's I played.   Texas was worst- with no CV's in the matches I played- the slow speed and awful NY dispersion were telling...   Bretagne was in between- still no CV's for the good AA to shoot down, but it seemed more effective.  (read it actually hit what I shot at AND did damage, lol)   

Then it all changed.   (just like it did in og T8 Ranked)

Exit the interesting fights, and enter Random mini.   Island camping, spawn camping, and detection edge riding.   Exactly like a half sized Random match.  And, of course, teams that seemed lost- or who simply scattered.   The losses began to pile up.   One Marblehead driver summed up his thoughts this way:  "That's it for ranked for me- nothing but potatoes!"  Or something to that effect.    DD's were getting thick, so I switched to Furutaka. 

Not a good choice.   The team went full potato:  DD's scattered out to a and c,  BB's hid in the back,  Reds camped and kited.   We got picked apart.  First our DD's, then Marblehead and I.   I didn't stick around to see the rest...   Time to do something else.

Observation:  KONGO is the spam ship of all spam ships this time around.   Very few of the OP sisters to be seen- but EVERY game had at least 1 Kongo.  (like Tirp in the tier 8 games,lol)

Halloween mode.

I played several games here, and each time, we JUST avoided 5 starring it, lol.  (either Transylvania would take too much damage, because of no DD's to smoke it or everyone furiously farming and not keeping an eye on it. OR  we'd get to Rasputin- and everybody sailed out of the circle, and Trans stopped.)   Not bad, otherwise!  Igor actually got several SECONDARY kills vs those BB's lol!   The BB (jackal??) gave me a nice 180k damage game:

I intentionally positioned myself North of Trans to intercept all the BB's that spawn closer and closer to us.   Between superintendant, premium Repair party, and the Transylvania's repair effect- I'd rather they shot at me than at IT, right?   Tanked a ton of damage- and gave it right back- with interest.  Transylvania made it to the end only suffering minor damage.  Better yet, I had one of our DD's right there with me- popping smoke, and spamming torps like they were going out of style.  VERY effective combination!!    At the end, I was closest to Rasputin, so I pounded him with guns until he got close- then rammed him!   He didn't die, but he did flood- and he went down to focus fire shortly thereafter.

All in all- a very fun battle!

Since both ships were on cooldown, and I don't do well in this scenario with DD, I switched to Co-op.   (after using most of my Elite XP to put several captains over the top to the next point.)  First game was in Lyon- with it's brand new 16 point captain.  (I took AFT)  

Land of Fire, Domination.  I spawn center as the only BB in a mostly cruiser game.  (drooling!!)

Team splits- and they all sprint for the map edges.   Not a good sign...   I head east, vainly trying to catch up with that group.  Lol- yeah right. ( not sitting out in the open by myself...)  They all get behind rocks by the map border, so I say screw it- I'm taking the cap.   Bot team split 6/2  we got a DD and the T7 USN CL.   Those in the West cap got everything else.   Bots also hid behind rocks as they yolo charged our DD way out by the map edge.   Never had a shot at the DD, and only 1 at the CL before he popped back behind an island.   It was one of THOSE salvos:  Target pops out of view momentarily just as you hit fire- sending your shells flying in random directions.   I got cheese.    So I just sailed into the cap.

It was then the spotted ribbon pops up, followed by the other red DD, who also had designs on MY cap.   No way, sonny- not today.   I focus my secondaries on him, then hit fire!  First salvo takes half his health.  I then turn away to make myself as difficult a torpedo target as possible.  (plus, I have those two turrets back there, lol)  For whatever reason, he never launches.   Soon as I'm reloaded, I nail him for the last few hp my secondaries didn't get.   Told ya, junior- this is MY cap!

That was the sum total of my accomplishments for that game.   Yeah, Yorck and I went and took B and attempted to bring help to A- but those bots were hiding behind islands- and chasing our teammate further and further away.   I did manage to empty my guns at the red Lyon- but, French BB dispersion- so they all missed pathetically at point blank range...    It was pretty sad, how derpy the bots were that game.

I just needed to finish up the get 450 ribbons (or however many) mission to finish out the Brit event for the day- All the others were crushed in ranked or Ops, so I drug Dallas out of the Time Out corner, and geared up.   Why not?  queue was FULL of DD's, BB's were elsewhere, and it's covered with guns- that mission is as good as done.

Nope.

Dallas was in time out for a reason:  because it totally sucks in the current pve meta.   I've had 2, maybe 3 good games in it- right after I bought it.  Since then?  Nada.  It's like the game wants me to hate it.  Yesterday was no different.