You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
NoZoupForYou

West Virginia 1941 Preview - Contender for best T6 BB

86 comments in this topic

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,426 posts
4,726 battles

She’s a load of fun, which is good considering how meh the Vanguardvand Dreadnaught are.  16 inch guns at Tier 6!  She’s a pound for pound match for the AZ.  Here are my thoughts on USS West Virginia 1941.  

• Cool 5
  • Bad 7

[WOLFB]
Members
2,586 posts
4,956 battles

Thanks for the video. I am still not liking the WV 41 name idea 

• Cool 3

[5D]
Members
1,211 posts
7,099 battles

As soon as you mentioned the dispersion being bad about the West Virginia of all ships, I kinda couldn't help but disregard your hype.

But then again... I'm predisposed to highly dislike any ship with bad dispersion. Arizona and the Warspite will retain their supremacy of t6 for me.

The legend of the West Virginia is cemented with accuracy as a part of it. With Arizona's ability to saturate an area with number of shells on target and Warspite's glorious sigma, I fear this ship will simply fade into the background. Heck, 14 inch guns still overmatch a lot of the ships that they face, so what's the big deal about 16 inch guns that hit hard... but not often?

I'll pass if this is where it's going. I'll wait on the higher tier version of her rebuild. You know... the Surigao Strait version... the hit every salvo including the first salvo version? The accurate version?

Edited by Spartias
  • Cool 3

Beta Testers
2,825 posts
3,977 battles

the few reasons i like prinz eittel is because she is accurate,have good AA,is fast and stealthy.

i can't exactly see many muscles on WV 41,WOW 14 inch guns,imagine if they could HIT something instead of seagulls. i could tolerate the bad dispersion but then they nerfed the concealment and she went from "ok" to  "not worth my toilet paper".

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,207 posts
5,662 battles
9 minutes ago, Cruxdei said:

the few reasons i like prinz eittel is because she is accurate,have good AA,is fast and stealthy.

i can't exactly see many muscles on WV 41,WOW 14 inch guns,imagine if they could HIT something instead of seagulls. i could tolerate the bad dispersion but then they nerfed the concealment and she went from "ok" to  "not worth my toilet paper".

Small correction, the West Virginia has 16 inch guns....but she could have 20 inch guns and it wouldn't make a difference if they can't hit anything.

• Cool 2

Members
705 posts

Thanks, Zoup. If she makes into the game substantially unchanged, I'm all in.

Of course, I still play my Arkansas in the A hull because I'm a sucker for that twin cage mast look. The '41 WV just looks fantastic.

They can keep the orange camo that looks like a direct hit from a vomit projectile, though.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,795 posts
2 hours ago, NoZoupForYou said:

She’s a load of fun, which is good considering how meh the Vanguardvand Dreadnaught are.  16 inch guns at Tier 6!  She’s a pound for pound match for the AZ.  Here are my thoughts on USS West Virginia 1941.  

I had already decided I was in, despite wanting WV44.  Hopefully she gets in at some point too.  Thanks for letting us know she'll (hopefully continue to be) something to look forward to.

What is the base secondary range?  (Or Max upgradable range.)  You know how I love my secondaries.  Can they help with those low tier DDs at all?

• Cool 1

Members
478 posts
2,009 battles

16 inchers at t6? I hope people like seening the overpen ribbon a lot and if the accuracy is bad than all this will be is an American mutsu.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,795 posts
22 minutes ago, Krupp_Sabot said:

16 inchers at t6? I hope people like seening the overpen ribbon a lot and if the accuracy is bad than all this will be is an American mutsu.

I'm actually coming around on Mutsu.  She was in mothballs pretty much since she came out.  But after this announcement I tried her again. . . she's really not that bad.

[SVF]
Members
878 posts
1,277 battles

"Contender for Best BB at T6"?  I question this entire WiP video's credibility solely on this.

Edited by landcollector
  • Cool 2

Members
478 posts
2,009 battles
57 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

I'm actually coming around on Mutsu.  She was in mothballs pretty much since she came out.  But after this announcement I tried her again. . . she's really not that bad.

Meh if the mutsu was a hacker I would give it the nick bracket/overpen. Then again Japanese BBs seem hate me so there's that.

[KP]
Members
1,995 posts
18,419 battles
1 hour ago, TheDreadnought said:

I Dev striked a Cleveland in the face while he was turning bow into me. Mutsu guns hit like a truck.

Members
1,514 posts
666 battles
24 minutes ago, embeddeddear97 said:

@NoZoupForYou why were you pink :cap_hmm:

anyway, great video I’ve repeatedly come back to your YouTube to see if I want to get ships or not

WV dispersion and Sigma.

• Funny 1

[TWFT2]
Beta Testers
260 posts
3,911 battles
5 minutes ago, IronMike11B4O said:

I Dev striked a Cleveland in the face while he was turning bow into me. Mutsu guns hit like a truck.

I also personally like the single torp launchers. 

• Cool 1

[KP]
Members
1,995 posts
18,419 battles
1 minute ago, brym7 said:

They were hilarious during ranked at tier 6. Its like oh you wanna brawl? Here have some torps.

[SF-E]
Beta Testers
944 posts
4,059 battles
4 hours ago, NoZoupForYou said:

ZOUP so if they want give people the WV 41 that is fine, the WV in its 1941 configuration Except it is it is missing its 2 black  and 1 red turrets it had during pearl harbor and it doesn't   have the the proper camo either it has the WV 44 camo it got after the refit. They should at least give it the proper camo / turret scheme if they are going to do the WV41 right.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,795 posts
55 minutes ago, brym7 said:

I have sunk so many DDs with those torps.  LOL

[TF_34]
[TF_34]
Members
934 posts
6,308 battles
52 minutes ago, IronMike11B4O said:

They were hilarious during ranked at tier 6. Its like oh you wanna brawl? Here have some torps.

Mutsu's torps reload faster than her guns. 

That being said I don't know if the game needs another 20kt BB with only 8 guns, things move so fast now.

[KNMSU]
Members
1,417 posts
813 battles
4 hours ago, Gen_Saris said:

That being said I don't know if the game needs another 20kt BB with only 8 guns, things move so fast now.

Which is sad that the USN Standards have kept their historical crap top speeds while many other ships have gotten fictional speed buffs.

[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,724 posts
4,523 battles

"Just alot of fun" 

Until you run into a CV and then you're TOTALLY boned. 

USS_West_Virginia2.jpg

• Bad 3

[SVF]
Members
878 posts
1,277 battles
1 hour ago, Dr_Venture said:

"Just alot of fun" 

Until you run into a CV and then you're TOTALLY boned. 

Zoup got *very* lucky in the showcased match that the red team CV suicided straight into his guns.

[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,724 posts
4,523 battles
1 minute ago, landcollector said:

Zoup got *very* lucky in the showcased match that the red team CV suicided straight into his guns.

I like his videos, but then I sometimes wonder if he's just posting matches where he does well. I've played the Arizona enough to know that the second I see a CV match I'm hosed, they give you JUST ENOUGH AA to give you a sliver of hope. 

This whole "hey here's some sweet OP main guns at a tier lower, but BAD BAD BAD AA" is just a cheap gimmick that thankfully most of the player base has caught on to. Those who haven't don't realize when the CV rework hits and the planes fill the skies, ships like this/Arizona/Mutsu/Musashi will be T-O-T-A-L-T-R-A-S-H.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
220 posts
10,658 battles

WOWS could sell more ships if they renamed it Maryland.the tide of disappointment when WOWS announced the 1941 version instead of the late war version of the West Virginia was quite loud and shouldn't have been a surprise .Bringing out a 1941 and 1944 versions doesn't make as much sense marketing wise as bringing out two different ships of the same class as this appeals to collectors 

Edited by commando_brian