Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Veraxu

British DDs too fragile

10 comments in this topic

[CO-OP]
Members
2 posts
2,795 battles

Im not sure if its just me but i was loving the british dds. Got the first one and started grinding up to t4 and i was enjoying them and everything seemed great. I then decided to use some freexp to get up to the t7 Jervis and i absolutely hate them now and im not sure what to do or if its just me. I have had every match so far with my ship being disabled more than 75% of the time. yes i have the skill so i can still function but it still hampers the ship alot and regardless things seem to get disabled way way to easily. Ive literally been hit by another dd with only 2 shells and they managed to knock out both my foward turrets, a torp tube, my engine and stearing. all from 2 shells....And this happens all the time. if you get hit at all you will just about always lose something it feels like. So im just not sure what to do. Its just turned from a great fun time into no fun at all.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,890 posts
13,425 battles

You have to play them way more cautious than most other ships, the good news is the Lightening is much better

[RSF]
Members
34 posts
6,108 battles

Really need a 10 point capt in them also the concealment is a big help.

[WOLFB]
Members
2,600 posts
4,981 battles

You need to be defensive with the ship and try to lay traps with your single fire torps. You can’t get into a knife fight with other ships unless you have the advantage. 

• Cool 1

[DD214]
Members
757 posts

Seems to be the same with each new line, and DDs maybe the most. I used to think the US and Russians were worthless. Then I ground to T8 and started to understand and like them Now the Khab and Gearing are joys and I can go down to T7 and have fun. It takes time to understand and master a ship--then it gets nerfed or buff or a special mod and it's time to rework the skills.

• Cool 1

[ENDVR]
Members
370 posts
5,223 battles

I generally make room for Preventative Maintenance on my gunboats.  So, my RNDD captains have them and I don’t really have issues.  They get knocked out sometimes, but not enough to really handicap me.

[GOOF]
Members
19 posts
3,368 battles

No no no obviously we need to buff these ships in their entirety. 

Only way to make it fair is to buff buff buff 

[TOG]
Members
2,397 posts
14,660 battles

The issue is not their fragility. The issue is not being able to get out of detection fast enough. You don't have engine boost. You need to use smoke or duck behind the nearest cover.

[BEER]
Members
102 posts
1,491 battles

Except the Lightning (and above) and the premiums, all the british DDs are terrible, there isn't a single one below Tier 8 I'd ever wanna use (just the premium Gallant).

• Funny 1

Sign in to follow this