You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
LancerUlysses

Gremyashchiy is the Xmas gift that kept giving

17 comments in this topic

[TBOW]
[TBOW]
Members
1,129 posts
10,001 battles

Ranked out mostly on Gremy only lost a star once. Got it last year from Santa Crates. Better than Kami sisters iMHO. 

Screenshot (184).png

• Cool 2

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,128 posts
8,749 battles

The Gremlin has darn good torpedoes and it had darn good guns, AP that can citadel light cruisers to add to the mayhem. The Kamikaze and clones bring torps and poor guns combined with a glass jaw if it takes hits.

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,268 battles
14 minutes ago, mr_angry_eyes said:

Just in, 10k battles guy use premium to seal club T5.

It requires a very specific captain to make the Gremmy great.  I couldn't make her work with Grozy captain because at tier 10, Russian DDs don't need Expert Marksman, but the Gremmy absolutely does need it.  The best captain to put in her is one of those special Russian captains that has Expert Marksman as a special ability so that you can maximize your turret traverse.  Once I did that, the Gremmy became a LOT better, because I could finally keep her guns mostly on target, or at least get them turned in a timely manner.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,740 posts
6,702 battles
1 hour ago, Crucis said:

It requires a very specific captain to make the Gremmy great.  I couldn't make her work with Grozy captain because at tier 10, Russian DDs don't need Expert Marksman, but the Gremmy absolutely does need it.  The best captain to put in her is one of those special Russian captains that has Expert Marksman as a special ability so that you can maximize your turret traverse.  Once I did that, the Gremmy became a LOT better, because I could finally keep her guns mostly on target, or at least get them turned in a timely manner.

Yeah, you have to sacrifice AR for EM, but that's the only difference in builds between Gremmy and Groz. Not a huge deal IMO.

[TBOW]
[TBOW]
Members
1,129 posts
10,001 battles
1 hour ago, mr_angry_eyes said:

Ya, I was being sarcastic.

Well done though.

Lawl, thanks. 

Members
3,625 posts
13,419 battles

Gremy's a helluva DD. If she aint the best mid-tier DD, she's a definite contender for the title.

Members
2 posts
124 battles

I only played WoWS when it was in closed beta, getting back into the game now. I bought the Gremy pack back in the day, what's the meta status on the ship as of now? To use WoT references, are we talking pure rarity like a Type 59, or is it OP like an E-25?

Edited by Craftydoo

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,861 posts
13,334 battles
11 minutes ago, Craftydoo said:

I only played WoWS when it was in closed beta, getting back into the game now. I bought the Gremy pack back in the day, what's the meta status on the ship as of now? To use WoT references, are we talking pure rarity like a Type 59, or is it OP like an E-25?

I don't know the WOT references but it is an extremely good ship at it's tier when played well.  When played poorly it gets deleted very quickly.

[-K-]
Members
5,043 posts
8,928 battles

I used Okhotnik instead over Gremyashchy.  Seven 130mm guns with 5.7km detection sure made for a great counter to all the pesky Kamikaze-clones sneaking around.

[WOLF6]
Members
1,769 posts
4,798 battles
5 hours ago, Craftydoo said:

Rare like a mutant. Not as OP as the E-25. It was when open water stealth firing was a thing, but any more it’s just a very capable ship that can carry with a good captain. 

[SIM]
Members
2,423 posts
4,060 battles
6 hours ago, Craftydoo said:

Rare as the Type 59, not as powerful as the E25. Imagine if someone got an elited tier VI tank in WoT into tier V. It’s just a bit better all around than its contemporaries, but there’s no one aspect of it that makes it overpowered. That’s the Gremyaschchy

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,788 posts

Wish I could sell my Gremy to a desperate player.  It does me no good sitting in mothballs for years at a time since I pretty much never play DDs.

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,268 battles
2 hours ago, SkaerKrow said:

Rare as the Type 59, not as powerful as the E25. Imagine if someone got an elited tier VI tank in WoT into tier V. It’s just a bit better all around than its contemporaries, but there’s no one aspect of it that makes it overpowered. That’s the Gremyaschchy

It was undoubtedly more powerful back in the days when open water stealth firing was still a thing.  For general play though, I tend to enjoy the Okhotnik more, simply because the Gremy is pretty much like all other Russian DDs, whereas the Okhotnik is quite unique.

Members
2 posts
124 battles
8 hours ago, Thornir said:

Rare like a mutant. Not as OP as the E-25. It was when open water stealth firing was a thing, but any more it’s just a very capable ship that can carry with a good captain. 

Looks like I won't be getting much use out of it then.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,128 posts
8,749 battles
8 hours ago, Thornir said:

34 minutes ago, Craftydoo said:

Looks like I won't be getting much use out of it then.

It is still extremely powerful, remember that it earned its reputation for being very overpowered when it took 15 points to get CE so few players were able to stealth fire with it.