You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
M4Katyusha

so would anyone like to have (SS-218) USS Albacore as a premuim?

add USS Albacore as a premuim ship?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. add USS Albacore as a premuim ship?

• Yes
    • No

13 comments in this topic

Members
6 posts
3,220 battles

if and when WG did add subs in the game would anyone like to have USS Albacore as a premuim? she won nine battle stars, received a Presidential Unit Citation and sunk the Japaneses newest carrier Taiho during ww2. am sure it would be interesting to Taiho captains when they face her in the game.

Edited by M4Katyusha

Members
2,880 posts
1,365 battles

Eh, if we get subs, I want SSBN-736, cuz the gimmicks are off the charts, so 1990 ballistic missile sub, cuz why the hell not...

Beta Testers
2,825 posts
4,003 battles

of course. oh not this albacore?

USS_Albacore_(AGSS-569)_underway_off_New

Edited by Cruxdei
  • Funny 1

[REVY]
Members
938 posts
7,303 battles
32 minutes ago, Cruxdei said:

of course. oh not this albacore?

USS_Albacore_(AGSS-569)_underway_off_New

Yeah, I went that direction as well when I saw the ship name, never even took in the hull number.

Was wondering what a ship with no weapons capability would be doing in the game. Just cruise around and be shot at? But then again, there are already ships with weapons capability that already do that so...... 

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,207 posts
5,669 battles

I am hoping the sub play is a disaster and Wargaming decides to scrap this very bad idea of adding subs to WOWS.

• Cool 1

[DANKY]
Members
433 posts
1,557 battles
5 hours ago, KnightFandragon said:

Eh, if we get subs, I want SSBN-736, cuz the gimmicks are off the charts, so 1990 ballistic missile sub, cuz why the hell not...

That would be a fun game mode! The game countdown is the time you have before the SSBN gets its missiles off and everyone loses. 

[SYN]
Members
4,525 posts
11,433 battles
11 hours ago, M4Katyusha said:

if and when WG did add subs in the game would anyone like to have USS Albacore as a premuim? she won nine battle stars, received a Presidential Unit Citation and sunk the Japaneses newest carrier Taiho during ww2. am sure it would be interesting to Taiho captains when they face her in the game.

Subs in scenarios is one thing.  Randoms is something else entirely.

I suspect you'll find that many are not in favor of this idea.  It isn't anything against the Albacore, but the idea of adding subs to randoms.  Talking about Premium subs is really getting way ahead of things.

People don't dislike subs, they dislike the idea of adding them to this game.  The reason is that, given the vulnerabilities and tactical limitations of subs of the period, they would in particular have to be buffed to such extremes which would turn them into something they're not, just to get them "balanced".  Someone else made this point in another thread (don't remember who, sorry).

WG has had a hard enough time with carriers.  They've been struggling with that for years now.  There are other navies that are still just barely represented or haven't showed up at all (Italian, Australian/New Zealand, Dutch, etc.).  Bringing in subs now is just introducing a balancing nightmare.  Either that, or the game would have to be completely rebuilt just to accommodate subs in a reasonable manner, and that would mean turning this game into something that it will never be anywhere near to becoming.  Frankly, I have no faith that WG can do it.

People get preoccupied figuring out if they could do something, but no one stops to think if they should do it.

Edited by Kuckoo
  • Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,380 posts
10,163 battles

NO because I do not want to see subs added to the game outside of the scenario/op's where it is a gimmicky thing. Just no interest to see them in the actual game( ie; Random, Ranked, CW, Co-op).