You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
General_Lee_Miserable

So...Someone Reported Me.....

36 comments in this topic

Members
155 posts

Someone reported me.... for not playing the battle the way he thought I should have???  It was in ranked and I was playing a DD and this fine person was getting salty in chat about how I was going about it towards the end. We lost and then I see I was reported and my karma decreased.  That is fine with me. I don't really care.  But, this is the 2nd time in a week I've been reported by a salty teammate. Each of those battles, I didn't do badly by any stretch. 

I have 2 questions. 1) Does WG do anything about frivolous reporting? 2) Why is my karma decreasing BEFORE the report has been processed?  That really doesn't make any sense to me. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 4

[SCRAP]
Beta Testers
1,427 posts
4,536 battles

Let me guess: this guy died early in the game and had nothing to contribute other than salt?

And when you look at the score chart they're either on or close to the bottom?

very common.

human nature.

they're the type who delude themselves by attacking others who perform better than themselves.

• Cool 1

Members
2,437 posts
12,175 battles
4 minutes ago, General_Lee_Miserable said:

Someone reported me.... for not playing the battle the way he thought I should have???  It was in ranked and I was playing a DD and this fine person was getting salty in chat about how I was going about it towards the end. We lost and then I see I was reported and my karma decreased.  That is fine with me. I don't really care.  But, this is the 2nd time in a week I've been reported by a salty teammate. Each of those battles, I didn't do badly by any stretch. 

I have 2 questions. 1) Does WG do anything about frivolous reporting? 2) Why is my karma decreasing BEFORE the report has been processed?  That really doesn't make any sense to me. 

Do not worry about it. Seriously, don't worry about it. It's meaningless.  

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,160 posts
8,772 battles
1 minute ago, Robinhood_ said:

Karma means jackshit don't worry about it.

The only thing that karma has any effect on is how many reports/compliments you can do a day. It isn't worth worrying about.

• Bad 1

Members
1,864 posts
5,656 battles
2 minutes ago, General_Lee_Miserable said:

Well, to be quite frank:

1. Salty enemies and allies are going to report you, it's an eventuality everybody faces. Sometimes it's justified (like if you were afk, toxic in chat, or just played really poorly), and sometimes it's just someone being really angry without any cause.
  2. The only real effect your karma has is how many reports/compliments you get per day. Otherwise, it has no effect (although I like to keep it high just by being friendly and complimenting both friend and foe on good plays and good manners).
  3. The only real effect reports can have, apart from decreasing your karma, is the fact that enough chat violation reports can get you a chat ban for a period of time. Otherwise, the automated system simply files them for WG to compile a record on for later and does nothing else.

Simply put, it means pretty much nothing.

• Bad 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,160 posts
8,772 battles
1 minute ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

Well, to be quite frank:

1. Salty enemies and allies are going to report you, it's an eventuality everybody faces. Sometimes it's justified (like if you were afk, toxic in chat, or just played really poorly), and sometimes it's just someone being really angry without any cause.
  2. The only real effect your karma has is how many reports/compliments you get per day. Otherwise, it has no effect (although I like to keep it high just by being friendly and complimenting both friend and foe on good plays and good manners).
  3. The only real effect reports can have, apart from decreasing your karma, is the fact that enough chat violation reports can get you a chat ban for a period of time. Otherwise, the automated system simply files them for WG to compile a record on for later and does nothing else.

Simply put, it means pretty much nothing.

Chat bans can be appealed although by the time you get it reversed all that is accomplished is removal of the chat ban from your record. I would only appeal if you are absolutely certain that your own chat wasn't pushing buttons.

Members
1,864 posts
5,656 battles
1 minute ago, BrushWolf said:

Chat bans can be appealed although by the time you get it reversed all that is accomplished is removal of the chat ban from your record. I would only appeal if you are absolutely certain that your own chat wasn't pushing buttons.

Aye, that is correct.

Really, the only thing appeals are good for is if something more serious was imposed on you (like a strike or a ban). In most other cases, it either won't do jack or it'll already be over and done with by the time the appeal is processed (like a pink status).

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,160 posts
8,772 battles
3 minutes ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

Aye, that is correct.

Really, the only thing appeals are good for is if something more serious was imposed on you (like a strike or a ban). In most other cases, it either won't do jack or it'll already be over and done with by the time the appeal is processed (like a pink status).

The reason to appeal is following chat bans will be longer unless the previous one had dropped off the record.

• Cool 2

Members
1,864 posts
5,656 battles
1 minute ago, BrushWolf said:

The reason to appeal is following chat bans will be longer unless the previous one had dropped off the record.

Huh, didn't know that.

Have a +1

[SRBL]
Members
79 posts
37 minutes ago, General_Lee_Miserable said:

I played a few ranked games with you, I believe we went 2-1, and I thought you played well. 

Members
1,167 posts
501 battles

when someone reports you   dont mind it...
Now when you say you are the reason you lost the game and then you complain that someone got salty in chat...
Still dont pay attention to it, BUT..... perhaps look at your play and see what you can change to make it happen less and less...
I like to think  people CAN learn from mistakes or "poor" play.,..(Poor in the eyes of someone watching and not having to pay attention so SOME chat by dead players can be helpful.... they are playing and the attention is focused.. I helped a few games by being dead, (Not salty, just dead) and helped for a win or two...
Now as far as what you can do to get better....
IDK but it looks like  you can survive longer and that will help your team.... getting past the 50% mark should be everyone goal that is below it... and the ones above it seem to strive for higher and higher stats (if stats are important to you, they should be somewhat but not a be all end all to gaming).

Not stat shaming you but there might be some things you can do differently...
You can get a replay of a couple games here and get them to be looked at by one or two players that are experts in helping players based on their replays.. @Lord_Zath

as far as chat when you play...the salty ones are an issue for sure and the chat ban system is getting better by actually looking into logs... but if you get a report and a karma point deducted.. ignore it... 
I think the chat logs would show you were not salty and if he reports for chat misbehavior (the way most to to abuse the current system of a certain number of reports that lead to an auto chat ban) and they (WG) look at the logs you will (should) Not get a chat ban,,, but all in all Karma is 200% meaningless...

Edited by neptunes_wrath
  • Bad 2

[SIM]
Members
2,435 posts
4,068 battles

Karma is idiotic, and I sincerely wish that WG would just be rid of the whole system. I’ve lost Karma in matches where I’ve gotten a Kraken, in a win, in a carry (and let’s be honest, I don’t pull off many carries). It’s just a system for cyber-bullying, and it does not serve the purpose that WG originally planned for it.

• Bad 2

[-K-]
[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,748 posts
6,713 battles
17 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

It’s just a system for cyber-bullying

something something snowflakes

• Boring 3
  • Bad 1

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
1,312 posts
9,404 battles
20 minutes ago, neptunes_wrath said:

Not stat shaming you but there might be some things you can do differently...
You can get a replay of a couple games here and get them to be looked at by one or two players that are experts in helping players based on their replays...(WHy can I not remember his name... he was my team captain for team battles...SOMEONE HELP ME REMEMBER....)

You're probably looking for Lord_Zath

[PLPT]
Members
147 posts
8,422 battles

I have just under 200 karma, guess what I can do with it. Nothing. 

Don't worry about it, it will happen again, just move on. Dead teammates have time to be salty. 

Members
4,138 posts

Can't remember the last time I even looked at my karma or did any reporting either way to someone else.

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,160 posts
8,772 battles
21 minutes ago, Zairinzan said:

I have just under 200 karma, guess what I can do with it. Nothing. 

Don't worry about it, it will happen again, just move on. Dead teammates have time to be salty. 

You can make more reports/compliments than I can at 14. :Smile-_tongue:

• Funny 1

[SF-A]
Members
2,848 posts
5,548 battles

It could just be salt, but it might be worth examining the game you played. I've certainly had games where I just tunnel-visioned on a kill and let an ally die, so you do occasionally catch flak for that kind of thing.

Members
57 posts
2,646 battles

I would not worry about that.  I can only imagine if they act that way in person in these type of situations.   Self embarrassing themselves over a game, that is to be enjoyed whether you win or lose. 

[PLPT]
Members
147 posts
8,422 battles
43 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

You can make more reports/compliments than I can at 14. :Smile-_tongue:

Yeehaa, watch out, I'm not afraid to use em!

• Funny 2

[HINON]
Members
2,567 posts
18,565 battles

Welcome to the World of Warships. You will get reported by team mates for carrying the team to the win. I was reported recently for "killing all the enemy ships."