Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
WES_HoundDog

Replays

10 comments in this topic

Members
430 posts
8,361 battles

So i was selected for the CV test.   Had to download the GC client and it wiped all my settings.    I no longer have replays recorded.  I watched a youtube video on how to put in the code to enable replays but it didn't work.   Anyone have a quick link or how to, to enable replays with GC client?

[WOLF3]
Members
5,973 posts
2,203 battles

Find preferences.xml.

At the bottom, add this:

<isReplayEnabled>    true    </isReplayEnabled>

before the
</preferences.xml> line.

Members
706 posts

it can appear twice in the preferences.xml, if so you need to change both instances of "<isReplayEnabled>    false    </isReplayEnabled>" to "<isReplayEnabled>    true    </isReplayEnabled>" otherwise the latter false will cancel out the first true.

[WOLF3]
Members
5,973 posts
2,203 battles
4 hours ago, b101uk said:

it can appear twice in the preferences.xml, if so you need to change both instances of "<isReplayEnabled>    false    </isReplayEnabled>" to "<isReplayEnabled>    true    </isReplayEnabled>" otherwise the latter false will cancel out the first true.

IME, the later instance of an XML tag overrides the first.  Thus the instruction is to place it at the end.  (Might be parser dependent, but I doubt it.  Is scope dependent, but let's not go there.)

If one does find a <isReplayEnabled>false</isReplayEnabled> then simply change it to true.

However, if you're not comfortable editing XML, then Kizarvexis' link is the better option.

Members
430 posts
8,361 battles

So, this is what i have at the bottom on my preferences.xml file and i'm still not seeing new replays recorded.   Does it record co-op games?

Spoiler

reLHltq.jpg

[PVE]
Members
8,852 posts
7,257 battles
2 minutes ago, WES_HoundDog said:

So, this is what i have at the bottom on my preferences.xml file and i'm still not seeing new replays recorded.   Does it record co-op games?

Reveal hidden contents

reLHltq.jpg

Yes, it records co-op games.

Members
3,411 posts
6,072 battles
1 minute ago, WES_HoundDog said:

Hide contents

reLHltq.jpg

There should never be 2 instances of the replay enabled in the XML file and the way XML works - it will want the setting in a specific spot in the XML file.  Mine only works here:

image.png.8be5189552f5f3452837d9588d74cb1e.png

[WOLF3]
Members
5,973 posts
2,203 battles

Where are you looking for the replay files?

Members
430 posts
8,361 battles

in my replays folder, where it has my other 2k replays.    I also have a tst replay folder which i adjusted the say as the youtube video said and thats recording them under the TST WoW replays.   Just my normal US client version is not recording.

Sign in to follow this