You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
5ang

CV Players in ranked, without 19 point commander

48 comments in this topic

[BS]
Alpha Tester
394 posts
3,028 battles

Ok I do not say much but ummmm... I just had a CV player on my team that doesn't know what a 19 point commander is. If this is true and he does not have a 19 point commander are you allowed to play ranked? Probably one of my worse experiences playing ranked this weekend, not to mention I do not really like to play ranked because of the losses being even more discouraging than randoms. ugh.....

Edited by Sanguedolce
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 9

[PVE]
Members
8,862 posts
7,257 battles

Um, it's T5, so lots of people can play. Not just unicums.

• Cool 7

[BS]
Alpha Tester
394 posts
3,028 battles
1 minute ago, Kizarvexis said:

Um, it's T5, so lots of people can play. Not just unicums.

:cap_yes:

• Boring 1

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester
1,386 posts
1,479 battles
4 minutes ago, Sanguedolce said:

Ok I do not say much but ummmm... I just had a CV player on my team that doesn't know what a 19 point commander is. If this is true and he does not have a 19 point commander are you aloud to play ranked? Probably one of my worse experiences playing ranked this weekend, not to mention I do not really like to play ranked because of the losses being even more discouraging than randoms. ugh.....

LOL....So much for Sprint ranked being for the new guys?   

[TF-60]
Members
68 posts
7,049 battles

I’ve been playing 10 pt commanders and haven’t lost yet—of course I’ve only played enough ranked to get to rank 4.  Having said that I’m pretty average as a player

• Cool 2

[BS]
Alpha Tester
394 posts
3,028 battles
9 minutes ago, RA6E_ said:

LOL....So much for Sprint ranked being for the new guys?   

I guess... but man, CV's can really throw these ranked battles off with the few players. 

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
3,763 posts
12,435 battles

@Sanguedolceof course they can play 19 point or 0 point commanders or whatever as long as they have a tier 5 ship!  

Members
17,789 posts
5,084 battles

Mine are all 10-12 points.

I think as long as you have AS, you're ok.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,751 posts
6,727 battles
40 minutes ago, Sanguedolce said:

If this is true and he does not have a 19 point commander are you aloud to play ranked?

Yes.

/thread

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
1,322 posts
14,695 battles

Frankly, a 10 point CV captain is adequate.  CVs is a line that doesn't really require much past that unless you are building AA or such.

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,298 battles
1 hour ago, Sanguedolce said:

Ok I do not say much but ummmm... I just had a CV player on my team that doesn't know what a 19 point commander is. If this is true and he does not have a 19 point commander are you aloud allowed to play ranked? Probably one of my worse experiences playing ranked this weekend, not to mention I do not really like to play ranked because of the losses being even more discouraging than randoms. ugh.....

"Aloud" to play?  Really?

I'm not bothered that he didn't have a 19 point commander.  It does kind of bother me that, if true, he didn't even know what a 19 point commander was, because it makes me wonder what other more important things he might not know about.

Frankly, I suspect that one could get away with a 10-13 point CV captain in Ranked.  Also, a lot depends on how serious you are about playing this Ranked Sprint event.  

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,298 battles
30 minutes ago, Warped_1 said:

Frankly, a 10 point CV captain is adequate.  CVs is a line that doesn't really require much past that unless you are building AA or such.

Yeah, particularly for tier 5.  

[BS]
Alpha Tester
394 posts
3,028 battles

I don’t really play cvs what is AS? And I saw his planes get destroyed in his Bouge by another Bouge all game so I thought maybe the other cv player had a better build cause he said he was using a 19 point commander 

Edited by Sanguedolce

[SIM]
Members
2,439 posts
4,080 battles
4 minutes ago, Sanguedolce said:

I don’t really play cvs what is AS?

:cap_wander::cap_wander_2:

• Bad 3

[BS]
Alpha Tester
394 posts
3,028 battles
2 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

:cap_wander::cap_wander_2:

Is that a troll or an answer to the question?

[-WPG-]
Members
737 posts
3,145 battles
Just now, Sanguedolce said:

Is that a troll or an answer to the question?

I think he's pointing out that you're complaining about something you admit you know little about. 

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

[BS]
Alpha Tester
394 posts
3,028 battles
1 minute ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

I think he's pointing out that you're complaining about something you admit you know little about. 

Oh ok... I see where this post is going now.

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles
2 minutes ago, Sanguedolce said:

Oh ok... I see where this post is going now.

Places. It's going places. 

• Funny 1

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
1,312 posts
9,404 battles
2 hours ago, Sanguedolce said:

Ok I do not say much but ummmm... I just had a CV player on my team that doesn't know what a 19 point commander is. If this is true and he does not have a 19 point commander are you aloud to play ranked? Probably one of my worse experiences playing ranked this weekend, not to mention I do not really like to play ranked because of the losses being even more discouraging than randoms. ugh.....

TBH, for most ships, including CV's all the way to tier 10, 10 point commanders are just fine as long as they picked up the basics. More is better, but hardly required.

• Cool 1

[SBS]
Members
2,420 posts
2,253 battles
15 minutes ago, Sanguedolce said:

I don’t really play cvs what is AS?

If you don't know what AS is then you don't get to play CVs.  Sorry, I couldn't resist.:Smile-_tongue:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[GMO]
Members
16 posts
2,164 battles

Does the OP realize there are casual players and little kids that play this game as well? I have been a casual player for years. I am decent in DDs and I let my kid play because he likes to play CVs. Not everyone is serious.  Just play the game and have fun.

• Bad 1

[WOLFB]
Members
1,662 posts
8,047 battles
14 minutes ago, Big_Pimpin said:

Does the OP realize there are casual players and little kids that play this game as well? I have been a casual player for years. I am decent in DDs and I let my kid play because he likes to play CVs. Not everyone is serious.  Just play the game and have fun.

Ranked is a competitive mode, meanings if you're not serious, you shouldn't even be playing that gamemode. 

Buit outiside of ranked, I agree with this.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

[GMO]
Members
16 posts
2,164 battles
1 minute ago, AlcatrazNC said:

Ranked is a competitive mode, meanings if you're not serious, you shouldn't even be playing that gamemode. 

Buit outiside of ranked, I agree with this.

I didn't know that. I guess WOWS shouldn't let people play who are not elite and serious all the time. Makes sense. Can you hear my sarcasm??

• Cool 4