You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SansPeur

And The Biggest Weekend Potato Goes To ...

36 comments in this topic

[-HON-]
Beta Testers
359 posts
9,004 battles

me.

I take the Giulio Cesare out for ranked and I'm getting spotted from the moon, I can't tell how many are shooting at me, but I am getting some awards.

My Giulio Captain was on the Roma and I had won the Giulio in a SC, so the 10 point captain was slotted in the vacant position.  

Don't be a potato like me and check everything before going into battle.

1132823518_ItalianPotato.thumb.jpg.a20df286334032feb6202392eb0a6c7a.jpg

• Cool 3
  • Funny 3

[4HIM]
Members
1,700 posts
3,864 battles
51 minutes ago, SansPeur said:

me.

Hold my beer.

Twice I've obtained a new premium ship and sailed them in several battles before I realized I had mounted no upgrades.  

• Cool 1

[BNKR]
Members
411 posts
2,433 battles

I got the Hipper a while back and just got the final hull last week. Was poking around and discovered I never put on any upgrades. 

Still not a good ship, but man...it is a lot better to play now.  :cap_like: :Smile_veryhappy:

[-WPG-]
Members
727 posts
3,133 battles

Done this several times. I usually just reset all may captains during the post-CB free reset, even those I feel I have "ideal" builds for. Not sure why. Inevitably I'll forget to reassign skills on at least one after that. 

[NGA-B]
Alpha Tester
9,326 posts
3,646 battles
29 minutes ago, ZARDOZ_II said:

Hold my beer.

Twice I've obtained a new premium ship and sailed them in several battles before I realized I had mounted no upgrades.  

I may or may not have done that in clan wars with a rental or two. And no flags.

[WOLF4]
[WOLF4]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
485 posts
8,338 battles

Even better. You turned him into an 11 pointer before assigning the skills.

• Funny 1

Members
471 posts
1,992 battles

I bought my GC before i quit a year and half ago. When i first went into battle i did so w/o any upgrade slots filled so i see where you are coming from.

Members
1,234 posts
20,591 battles
1 hour ago, ZARDOZ_II said:

Twice? (snicker, snicker)  For most new ships that's my SOP, and forgetting to enable renew premium consumables.

[4HIM]
Members
1,700 posts
3,864 battles
11 hours ago, J30_Reinhardt said:

I may or may not have done that in clan wars with a rental or two. And no flags.

Same here.  A Zao without any upgrades really isn't a great ship.

[ARGSY]
Members
5,722 posts
3,912 battles

I unlocked the Normandie in a French crate in February, mounted the modules in their slots and headed off into battle. It wasn't until I was in the LYON that I realised I had forgotten to select the B hull, fire control and engines. They had come bought and paid for because she was an early unlock, but it hadn't twigged that they needed to be formally selected until I was selling things from my inventory and saw that the B stuff was listed as available for sale. I had essentially done the entire grind with the stock hull.

I'm not sure whether that speaks to my bloody-minded persistence or to the excellence of the Normandie as a ship right out of the gate.

That being said, with the exception of Main Battery Mod 1, which I always fit, I almost always take a ship out naked in co-op for the first battle or two, just to get a feel for what modules I should be choosing.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

Members
964 posts
5,682 battles
18 hours ago, SansPeur said:

And The Biggest Weekend Potato Goes To .......me.

If it makes you feel better, I saw another GC player presenting monster potato credentials in ranked yesterday:

I forget the map name, it's the one where the three caps run north-south down the center of the map, islands bracket the center cap, and in randoms, the teams spawn in two groups of six, on north and one south.

Anyway, our team had the northeast spawn. Most of our team beelines to A, one DD beelines toward B, and I head south in my GC, planning to turn in into B from the east and be guarded by one of the large islands, but end up with some really good firing angles on the reds. As soon as I get into position, this red GC is steaming up the center of B, almost dead broadside to me, only 4.6 Km away. And I let him have it. Unimpressive RNG on the first shot...but the guy never turns or changes speed, and his angle on me just keeps getting better. So, I give it to him again..10k damage. and again 21k damage. I mean, the guy is firing (so he's not AFK), but he's not firing at me, he's firing at my teammates ahead  of him. One of my teammates gets the kill with a shot that finishes off his last 2100 HP.

I consoled myself on the loss of the kill by grabbing a full health, broadside Nurnburg Konigsburg by the testicles, flinging him into the ai,r and blasting him like a clay pigeon in one salvo from 7.8km away. He made an Omaha look stronk.

Then finished with a secondary kill on a DD.

Edited by MannyD_of_The_Sea

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,191 posts
5,662 battles
16 hours ago, SansPeur said:

me.

There was a guy in ranked that had you beat by a mile. I was in my GC, my team is down 4 ships to zero it is myself and a Kamikaze R. Together we rally and sink 5 of the enemy ships. I have 35% health and he has 5%. We are facing a near full health Konig. The enemy ship goes behind an island and I am closing fast. I tell the Kamikaze R that I am going for the ram...pull back and stay out of sight. This IDIOT not only ignores me but he allows himself to get SPOTTED and he gets deleted leaving me about 5k away nose to nose with a Konig that has 90% of his health. Predictably the idiot in the Kamikaze R misses with all his torpedoes and I am in a position where I can not kite away and attempt to win a war of attrition. The Konig finishes me off 90 seconds later. 

We HAD the game WON.....and this IDIOT threw it all away...and we wonder why there is salt in chat.

[SF-3]
Members
1,431 posts
7,882 battles

Yup, how about when you unlock a module on your ship but are short on cash. Then you finish the grind, only to realize you never went back and bought that module, like a hull upgrade on a BB, etc...

[KP]
Members
1,995 posts
18,375 battles
17 hours ago, ZARDOZ_II said:

Hold my beer.

Or camo 

[ARGSY]
Members
5,722 posts
3,912 battles
2 hours ago, Belthorian said:

Predictably the idiot in the Kamikaze R misses with all his torpedoes and I am in a position where I can not kite away and attempt to win a war of attrition.

I am assuming that his torpedo attack messed up your ramming attack so as not to get teamkilled? Otherwise I would seriously have considered salvaging what I could and going for the ram kill anyway (Although by that point his death probably gives the enemy the points win, especially if your ramming attack is not immediately fatal and there's nobody left to finish off the cripple).

[INTEL]
Members
742 posts
7,855 battles
18 hours ago, SansPeur said:

me.

I take the Giulio Cesare out for ranked and I'm getting spotted from the moon, I can't tell how many are shooting at me, but I am getting some awards.

My Giulio Captain was on the Roma and I had won the Giulio in a SC, so the 10 point captain was slotted in the vacant position.  

Don't be a potato like me and check everything before going into battle.

1132823518_ItalianPotato.thumb.jpg.a20df286334032feb6202392eb0a6c7a.jpg

Did exactly the same thing with Texas yesterday. I received Texas from the Twitch special. Only played 3 games to get the missions and she's been parked since. 

Break her out in her pretty purple camo yesterday, with her 10pt Kappa Capt. Run a match. Halfway through the match it dawns on me.. Hey Moron, Texas is a Premium, use your 19pt Halsey. :Smile_sceptic:

[-HON-]
Beta Testers
359 posts
9,004 battles
51 minutes ago, Ares1967 said:

Did exactly the same thing with Texas yesterday. I received Texas from the Twitch special. Only played 3 games to get the missions and she's been parked since. 

Break her out in her pretty purple camo yesterday, with her 10pt Kappa Capt. Run a match. Halfway through the match it dawns on me.. Hey Moron, Texas is a Premium, use your 19pt Halsey. :Smile_sceptic:

Did better than me, it took me 6 games for the penny to drop I was driving with a no skill captain. 

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,191 posts
5,662 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I am assuming that his torpedo attack messed up your ramming attack so as not to get teamkilled? Otherwise I would seriously have considered salvaging what I could and going for the ram kill anyway (Although by that point his death probably gives the enemy the points win, especially if your ramming attack is not immediately fatal and there's nobody left to finish off the cripple).

Yeah we were way behind on points so ramming would have given them the win. His torpedo attack missed me as well, that guy couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat. To my credit I didn't crucify him in chat. The only thing I said was you threw the game away. I was seething with anger, I can understand if you make mistakes, we all do. However, to do something so blatantly stupid like that......it is one of the reasons I barely play the game anymore. I have not played in about 5 months and while climbing the ranked tree I was playing very poorly by my standard. Being hyper aggressive and pushing too hard when I didn't really need to. My friend @IronMike11B40 bless his heart was being very patient with me because we have played together in the past and he knows what kind of player I am. Eventually we had a discussion and he managed to reign in my predatory instincts and got me to switch from HULK SMASH to a lot more conservatively. 

[ARGSY]
Members
5,722 posts
3,912 battles
29 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

.it is one of the reasons I barely play the game anymore. I have not played in about 5 months

I couldn't conceive of that.

I am very tolerant of many things because I know I derp hard sometimes, but it's never enough to make me walk away to that degree. If :etc_swear: like this drives me that mad, I grab my Mikasa, Tachi Lima or Smith and go play in low-tier co-op.

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,191 posts
5,662 battles
2 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I am very tolerant of many things because I know I derp hard sometimes, but it's never enough to make me walk away to that degree. If :etc_swear: like this drives me that mad, I grab my Mikasa, Tachi Lima or Smith and go play in low-tier co-op.

You know what would be EPIC a 12v12 all Mikasa match......that would be glorious.

• Funny 1

[INTEL]
Members
742 posts
7,855 battles
33 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

Yeah we were way behind on points so ramming would have given them the win. His torpedo attack missed me as well, that guy couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat. To my credit I didn't crucify him in chat. The only thing I said was you threw the game away. I was seething with anger, I can understand if you make mistakes, we all do. However, to do something so blatantly stupid like that......it is one of the reasons I barely play the game anymore. I have not played in about 5 months and while climbing the ranked tree I was playing very poorly by my standard. Being hyper aggressive and pushing too hard when I didn't really need to. My friend @IronMike11B40 bless his heart was being very patient with me because we have played together in the past and he knows what kind of player I am. Eventually we had a discussion and he managed to reign in my predatory instincts and got me to switch from HULK SMASH to a lot more conservatively. 

You don't get to feel sorry for yourself. Taichunger and I practically spoon fed you that win in our match. We both went full potato. :Smile_facepalm:

• Funny 1

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,191 posts
5,662 battles
3 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I am hard wired to be super competitive. I can have the best game of my life and if my team doesn't win I get zero enjoyment out of it. Chances are I will be very salty that we lost. On the flip side I can have a really bad game individually but if my team wins I am very happy. I wish I wasn't wired that way but I can't help it.

[INTEL]
Members
576 posts
7,294 battles
4 hours ago, Belthorian said:

There was a guy in ranked that had you beat by a mile. I was in my GC, my team is down 4 ships to zero it is myself and a Kamikaze R. Together we rally and sink 5 of the enemy ships. I have 35% health and he has 5%. We are facing a near full health Konig. The enemy ship goes behind an island and I am closing fast. I tell the Kamikaze R that I am going for the ram...pull back and stay out of sight. This IDIOT not only ignores me but he allows himself to get SPOTTED and he gets deleted leaving me about 5k away nose to nose with a Konig that has 90% of his health. Predictably the idiot in the Kamikaze R misses with all his torpedoes and I am in a position where I can not kite away and attempt to win a war of attrition. The Konig finishes me off 90 seconds later. 

We HAD the game WON.....and this IDIOT threw it all away...and we wonder why there is salt in chat.

A Kami with 5% health is a should be a very dangerous ship.  Nigh impossible to spot.

Edited by ClassicLib

[OPGS]
Beta Testers
3,191 posts
5,662 battles
Just now, Ares1967 said:

You don't get to feel sorry for yourself. Taichunger and I practically spoon fed you that win in our match. We both went full potato. :Smile_facepalm:

LOL I was playing much better yesterday......Saturday I was making a lot of really bad decisions and getting killed early in matches. I told Mike I was shooting just fine but I was playing like butt. Mike got me to reign in my aggression a lot........I just wanted to go out there and dev strike someone....I had not played randoms or ranked in almost 5 months so I just wanted to blow stuff up.

By the way I liked your strategy of never moving at full speed, I was having to guess how much lead to use against you vs a very predictable lead for a ship traveling around 30 knots.