You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Target_1

Bad luck fighters

5 comments in this topic

Members
18 posts
1,923 battles

So, my fighters from a Langley are the upgraded ones... and engaging over open water (no ship AA involvement)... against identical fighters from another Langley... my 10 fighters seem to only manage to kill about 3.  I'm guessing that the rng is just not my friend... or am I missing something?

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles
34 minutes ago, Target_1 said:

So, my fighters from a Langley are the upgraded ones... and engaging over open water (no ship AA involvement)... against identical fighters from another Langley... my 10 fighters seem to only manage to kill about 3.  I'm guessing that the rng is just not my friend... or am I missing something?

Nope, that's pretty much it. But next game it may be in your favour. 

This is one reason to try and bait enemy fighters over friendly ships- since without something else at play it is entirely just dice roll driven. Heck, even when something else IS in play sometimes it doesn't matter but regardless... that's tier IV and V CVs so get used to it. 

Members
18 posts
1,923 battles

Yeah, that's kind of what I thought... I even have the "dogfighting expert" commander skill and still it goes bad.  I couldn't see anything else so I thought it's just a matter of luck.  I have the Bogue now with a little bit better fighters.  First game with that ship went pretty well.

[REALY]
Members
110 posts
1,468 battles

If you want to skew things in your favour, make sure you have Air Groups Mod 1 on your Langley and the tier 4 skill that adds an additional plane to your fighter and dive bomber groups. With these, I pretty much never lost fighters unless I was fighting over enemy AA.

Edit: I've just started the Bogue as well, not as big a fan of it compared to the Langley, due to its smaller hanger.

Edited by Axiomaticranger

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,648 posts
14,025 battles
1 hour ago, _ENO_ said:

Nope, that's pretty much it. But next game it may be in your favour. 

This is one reason to try and bait enemy fighters over friendly ships- since without something else at play it is entirely just dice roll driven. Heck, even when something else IS in play sometimes it doesn't matter but regardless... that's tier IV and V CVs so get used to it. 

Never fight a fair fight! :cap_rambo: