You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
2Zons

Question about Halloween missions

8 comments in this topic

[S_B]
[S_B]
Beta Testers
46 posts
2,881 battles

I thought I saw it somewhere, but I can't find it again.  Is there a requirement to get 5 stars in a mission to advance to the following weeks mission?  If not, is there anything besides a Halloween container that you get for achieving 5 stars in the mission?

[PVE]
Members
5,311 posts
17,764 battles

I don't remember reading about a five star win, I think you just need a win (one star) to advance to the next OP. For the Transylvania mission you get three containers and a few other things for a five star win. If you do the Sunray OP,  you get 300 doubloons, 24 hours premium time, and some containers for a 5 star win. Not sure about the third OP with submarines. 

Now that I think about it, there is an achievement for getting a five star win in each of the Halloween OPs. Maybe that is what you were thinking of.. 

Edited by Taylor3006

[PVE]
Members
8,834 posts
7,257 battles
33 minutes ago, 2Zons said:

I thought I saw it somewhere, but I can't find it again.  Is there a requirement to get 5 stars in a mission to advance to the following weeks mission?  If not, is there anything besides a Halloween container that you get for achieving 5 stars in the mission?

Nothing that I saw about having to star one op to advance to the next. The Halloween operations are going to rotate through the operation of the week. Now, for the sub operation, Terror in the Deep, if you 5 star other Halloween Ops, you can unlock more subs. You can also play the sub Op and unlock the other subs with XP targets. Check out the Halloween PSA thread. I put the calendar for the ops rotating at the top of the first post.

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
416 posts
12,626 battles

There is also an award if you 5-star Saving Transylvania, Sunray in the Darkness, and Terror of the Deep (Warrior of the Light.)

[USCG]
Members
177 posts
12,675 battles

Is it just me or is this year's "Saving Transylvania" MUCH more difficult than the last two years???  Never had as many problems and I find it hard to believe I've gotten worse (or the teams for that matter).  Had a game with over 230K damage in my Igor only to have the Trans get killed.  I don't remember it being this difficult... 

[PVE]
Members
5,311 posts
17,764 battles
6 minutes ago, cgbosn4 said:

Is it just me or is this year's "Saving Transylvania" MUCH more difficult than the last two years???  Never had as many problems and I find it hard to believe I've gotten worse (or the teams for that matter).  Had a game with over 230K damage in my Igor only to have the Trans get killed.  I don't remember it being this difficult... 

It is a touch more difficult but not substantially so. I think they did something to the St Louis, the ship that the Igor is based off of, because the guns don't "feel" right. I loved that ship when I got it, played it to death early on and the rate of fire seems nerfed. I find getting and keeping my guns on target a bit off as well but I have not played her in a very long time so this is all from memory. At my age, memory is not always to be trusted though....  The first year the mode was introduced, you had many of us playing it over and over again farming the camo rewards since it was profitable to do so. Wins were almost assured. The second year the rewards were nerfed so not many people kept playing after farming the rewards and feel that this year is the exact same thing. Once you get a five star win, there is no incentive to play it again. The people left playing it are those who need the five star win or are doing the UK missions that require stars for completion. 

Edited by Taylor3006

[PVE]
Members
8,834 posts
7,257 battles
23 minutes ago, cgbosn4 said:

18 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

It is a touch more difficult but not substantially so. I think they did something to the St Louis, the ship that the Igor is based off of, because the guns don't "feel" right. I loved that ship when I got it, played it to death early on and the rate of fire seems nerfed. I find getting and keeping my guns on target a bit off as well but I have not played her in a very long time so this is all from memory. At my age, memory is not always to be trusted though....  The first year the mode was introduced, you had many of us playing it over and over again farming the camo rewards since it was profitable to do so. Wins were almost assured. The second year the rewards were nerfed so not many people kept playing after farming the rewards and feel that this year is the exact same thing. Once you get a five star win, there is no incentive to play it again. The people left playing it are those who need the five star win or are doing the UK missions that require stars for completion. 

Yep, the Dev Blog put this out at the end of Aug and it went into effect on patch 7.9, IIRC.

American cruiser St Louis, Tier lll

The sigma of all guns has been decreased from 2 to 1.8. Reload time of researchable guns has been increased from 8 to 9 seconds.

Large HP, high accuracy and 152 mm guns made this ship one of the most efficient at it's tier. These changes are aimed to balance St. Louis with other ships at this level.

[PVE]
Members
5,311 posts
17,764 battles
4 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

Yep, the Dev Blog put this out at the end of Aug and it went into effect on patch 7.9, IIRC.

Good to know I am not losing my mind. You get used to the "dakka dakka" cadence of the guns on the ships you love but it just feels stupid to say that out loud sometimes....