You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
LancerUlysses

Huh? T6 Clan battle challenge???

21 comments in this topic

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,240 posts
8,815 battles
5 minutes ago, awiggin said:

:Smile_facepalm:

Every season, the same question.....:Smile_Default:

I think the question is because CW isn't running yet, we are in Ranked Lite which I like.

[-WPG-]
Members
745 posts
3,168 battles

Starts tomorrow. 1 week "multi-realm" challenge. This coming Monday, Tuesday, Saturday Sunday. Have to play 5 games in prime time on another server to get the full reward (15000 coal, 500 steel). Basically play 5 battles from 8:30am up until the NA prime time starts at 7:30pm. Then play however many you want at normal NA times. 

• Cool 1

[TBOW]
[TBOW]
Members
1,134 posts
10,061 battles
4 minutes ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

Starts tomorrow. 1 week "multi-realm" challenge. This coming Monday, Tuesday, Saturday Sunday. Have to play 5 games in prime time on another server to get the full reward (15000 coal, 500 steel). Basically play 5 battles from 8:30am up until the NA prime time starts at 7:30pm. Then play however many you want at normal NA times. 

Do you have to start and level up an EU, RU or As account?

[-WPG-]
Members
745 posts
3,168 battles
3 minutes ago, LancerUlysses said:

Do you have to start and level up an EU, RU or As account?

WG had been pretty vague on it, so not sure. I don't think so, though. As long as you play 5 battles on another server during their prime time. 

Unless they clarify today we won't find out until tomorrow how it works.  Usually you can only select clan battles during your own server's designated time. Hopefully it's as simple as the clan battle option being available from 8:30am to 11:30pm EDT and it automatically routes you to that server. (Note there is one break from 1:30-2pm I think where there are no CBs on any server). 

Also it's 5-man teams, not 7. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,240 posts
8,815 battles
21 minutes ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

Where is the information on that? Trying to find a piece of news that is more than a few days old is frustrating at best?

[-WPG-]
Members
745 posts
3,168 battles
3 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Where is the information on that? Trying to find a piece of news that is more than a few days old is frustrating at best?

It's in the latest 7.10 release notes. I'm on mobile for a few hours and can't find it right now. Google only gives me 7.10 PTS results. Maybe someone else can find it and link it. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,240 posts
8,815 battles
17 minutes ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

It's in the latest 7.10 release notes. I'm on mobile for a few hours and can't find it right now. Google only gives me 7.10 PTS results. Maybe someone else can find it and link it. 

Thanks, that lessens the wandering around a lot.

[SALVO]
Members
16,721 posts
17,314 battles

Clan Battles

We are now in the final stages of testing a new feature that will allow players to enter Clan Battles during the prime time of any server. The Command officers can set a single prime time that would be most convenient for all their clanmates. The desired prime time can be changed each day during an active season of Clan Battles.

With the release of Update 0.7.10, a test season called "North" (test) kicks off.

• The season will last from October 22 till October 28.
  • All in all, there will be 4 sessions accessible on Monday, Tuesday, Saturday and Sunday.
  • Prime time hours: 4:30-8:30 PM PT (UTC-7)
  • During the test season, Clan Battles will be available to teams of five players each and Tier VI ships only.

Pool of maps:

• Ring
  • Strait
  • New Dawn
  • Trident.

On all maps, the following parameters will be applied:

• Number of key areas: 3
  • Capture time: 40 seconds
  • Points for capturing Key Areas: 3 points per 4 seconds.

Assemble a team, select any prime time convenient for your clan—and dive into naval combat! Play 10 battles during the test season and get 500 Steel and 15,000 Coal added to your accounts as a reward. Please bear in mind that 5 battles must be played during the prime time of another realm.

From the 7.10 news page...

[LOU1]
Members
2,898 posts
8,004 battles

EDIT:  ^Ninja'd while copy/pasting...

"We are now in the final stages of testing a new feature that will allow players to enter Clan Battles during the prime time of any server. The Command officers can set a single prime time that would be most convenient for all their clanmates. The desired prime time can be changed each day during an active season of Clan Battles.

With the release of Update 0.7.10, a test season called "North" (test) kicks off.

• All in all, there will be 4 sessions accessible on Monday, Tuesday, Saturday and Sunday.
  • During the test season, Clan Battles will be available to teams of five players each and Tier VI ships only.

Pool of maps:

• Ring
  • Strait
  • New Dawn
  • Trident.

•  

Assemble a team, select any prime time convenient for your clan—and dive into naval combat! Play 10 battles during the test season and get 500 Steel and 15,000 Coal added to your accounts as a reward. Please bear in mind that 5 battles must be played during the prime time of another realm.

The statistics for the test season will be available only for the duration of Update 0.7.10."

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/development/update-0710-halloween/

Edited by ExploratorOne

[SALVO]
Members
16,721 posts
17,314 battles
39 minutes ago, ExploratorOne said:

EDIT:  ^Ninja'd while copy/pasting...

"We are now in the final stages of testing a new feature that will allow players to enter Clan Battles during the prime time of any server. The Command officers can set a single prime time that would be most convenient for all their clanmates. The desired prime time can be changed each day during an active season of Clan Battles.

Pool of maps:

• Ring
  • Strait
  • New Dawn
  • Trident.

•  

The statistics for the test season will be available only for the duration of Update 0.7.10."

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/development/update-0710-halloween/

:cap_haloween: 

Happy Halloween!  

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
416 posts
12,662 battles

In case you were wondering, here are the times for the other servers:

All in all, there will be 4 sessions accessible on Monday, Tuesday, Saturday and Sunday during the following prime time hours:

• ASIA 12:30 - 15:30
  • RU 16:00 - 20:00
  • EU 17:00 - 21:00
  • NA 23:30 - 03:30
    • UTC

Eastern time: UTC-4,  Central time: UTC -5,  Mountain time: UTC-6;   Pacific time:  UTC -7.  

It sounds like you need to decide on a server time each day.  

Edited by HamptonRoads

[DPG]
Members
135 posts
7,914 battles

Pretty poorly organized when the day before the event begins we are speculating when the prime time sessions for the other servers are,  and players have to put together information. 

We do know that a minimum of 5 of the 10 clan battles must be played during other server prime time to earn the maximum rewards - do we assume this cross server selection will be automatic? we just select clan battles at the appropriate time slot and all is well ? 

I understand that this cross server competition is likely very logistically challenging for WG, and I hope it works very well - I welcome more diverse competition in Warships! 

Hopefully we get a detailed official post soon on this so we can organize team mates. 

Good hunting ! 

Kar

• Bad 1

[WOLF5]
Members
608 posts
12,012 battles

If they are able to pull off good matches, across multiple servers, that will solve queuing problems throughout their 'empire.' 

Hope it works. :)

• Cool 1

[-WPG-]
Members
745 posts
3,168 battles
29 minutes ago, RevTKS said:

If they are able to pull off good matches, across multiple servers, that will solve queuing problems throughout their 'empire.' 

Hope it works. :)

Never had an issue with queueing time on NA. What it will solve is a more flexible time schedule for those who want to play clan battles. On NA, CBs kick off at 3:30pm pacific time.  Pretty inconvenient for work days. 

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
229 posts
4,044 battles
2 hours ago, Karandar said:

Pretty poorly organized when the day before the event begins we are speculating when the prime time sessions for the other servers are,  and players have to put together information. 

We do know that a minimum of 5 of the 10 clan battles must be played during other server prime time to earn the maximum rewards - do we assume this cross server selection will be automatic? we just select clan battles at the appropriate time slot and all is well ? 

I understand that this cross server competition is likely very logistically challenging for WG, and I hope it works very well - I welcome more diverse competition in Warships! 

Hopefully we get a detailed official post soon on this so we can organize team mates. 

Good hunting ! 

Kar

huh, something poorly organized from WG, imagine that 

• Bad 1

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
416 posts
12,662 battles
4 hours ago, Karandar said:

Pretty poorly organized when the day before the event begins we are speculating when the prime time sessions for the other servers are,  

There is no speculation for the times of the other servers.  I posted right before your post.  You can read it here:

[DPG]
Members
135 posts
7,914 battles

and the excitement continues! 

Please WG start actually providing some information about ongoing events! Clan battles was again rescheduled - Hey I understand, and most of us are totally cool with the technical difficulties of a cross server test - we get it. 

What WG is not getting is that it takes effort and time to organize a clan into clan battle sessions - especially on different time zones prime time like we had for today and tomorrow. 

Then we find out last second that the "session is over " in game and the only info was a vague post on reddit? - finally 1 line added on the 20 post back original news update about this clan session. Which should have been bumped to the #1 news article position i might add. 

What about using the launcher like you said you would for important things/updates?! 

The original article discussion thread is dead - just gives we are not allowed access ... Really really terrible bad communications yet again !! This really is getting old. 

IT TAKES A LOT OF WORK TO KEEP A CLAN INVOLVED WITH THESE EVENTS WG - AND YOU ARE NOT HELPING US!!!! 

For practical recommendations a couple points. 

#1 - update the news articles and move them to position 1 again - 90% of our concerns solved. 

#2 - How about improving in game messaging system ? What I would like is enabling senior clan member/officers having the ability to bring up the clan roster and select the boxes beside each clan member - and an option to send a single message to several recipients. ( obviously limit this to clan member recipients only so we don't create a spam problem in game)  This would be a HUGE improvement over the current copy and paste to every individual - often taking 2,3 -5 attempts before the message finally sends ...  PLEASE ! I and others am begging you for some help on these issues that should not be issues at all. 

Love the game, just a few frustrations to work out with it ...

Kar 

ANOTHER THREAD GOING ON TODAYS TROUBLES. 

Edited by Karandar

[DPG]
Members
135 posts
7,914 battles

Just logged in to the game - selected the clan battle mode to double check this morning play time and this: 

This clan battle season is over 

I have organized the clan yet again to participate in this clan battle cross server attempt on the EU prime time in just under 2 hours from now

I personally logged some 20 games in the 1st 2 clan sessions, but they keep moving the dates and no information !!!! and we will not earn the 500 steel, 15000 coal without 5 games on another server 

I am a huge fan of this game,  have created my own website, started and keep an active clan going, support the game big time with my own money, - well you get the picture ...

i understand this is a test - a beta of sorts - changes are ok to me/us - What completely blows and is unacceptable behavior/treatment  is there has NEVER been timely information about these last minute changes !! The news article from a month ago is dead - the forum link from that article is dead ... there is silence.

BUT - WG you are ticking me off like few games ever have with this lack of information about key events you are hosting!! 

ESPECIALLY ORGANIZED TEAM EVENTS !! DAMMITT - START SUPPORTING YOUR ACTIVE PLAYER BASE BETTER !!! 

It takes significant effort to organize for these and they get canceled willy nilly with no feedback for clan leaders!  BAD BAD BAD !!!!!!!!!!

How difficult would it be to update the clan battles story and bump it to 1st position in our daily news ?! 

[DPG]
Members
135 posts
7,914 battles

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/development/cross-server-matchmaker/

image.thumb.png.2ba7be04295520c8b4b0adf69a70b4fb.png

I want to start by wishing WG the best of success in getting cross server play working - I think it would be epic to have the much broader player base to compete against. 

That said - WG handling of their technical challenges and their communication/feedback to us was non existent and appallingly inconsiderate.

try and search the forum for "clan battle" and none of the official news or updates shows up even today.

One of the canceled days - the bulk of players found news on reddit for goodness sake ! 

their killing the forum chat link from the news article did not help either - unacceptable in an ongoing event! 

My clan showed up both of the week day sessions we were allowed to play and played 20 battles on the NA server - we then organized to play both weekend matches on the EU server  before it was canceled and moved. 

We then organized and planned and showed up for each of  the next 3 time slot sessions that WG made and subsequently last minute canceled/pushed off

I even took 2 days off this past weekend session (i work shift work, so this one fell on bad timing for me) 

I had previously submitted a ticket begging WG to update its news story for us each change and bump the article so we had some little news. So a big kudos on WG for doing this at least now... 

But i am sorry - "reducing the requirement" they have done is NOTHING!!!!  There was always the 5 games on another server requirement... it was the hard one because of how early they are - and the only 2 days we were allowed to participate were week days! 

The time and effort I and many of my clan mates put in for this event  - we played 20 games - and we get zerol  for all their [edited] !!! This is so wrong WG !!!!  

If there are no more sessions with this test(what it sounds like from this post) Then The reward should be absolutely reduced to anyone who played 5+ games period !!  

WG has to either add another couple of cross server days or make this right to those of us who put a ton of time into this - TRYING to play cross server and only failed because of WG - not ourselves !!!! 

Our clans and may warships players are professionals with careers and family - we make the time to play this game and it is not always easy. This test has been a demonstration of "What not do do, or how not to organize an event "

- Worst experience in my years playing this game by far !! 

WG, again, if you are not planning to add another 2 days for us to get in our EU games, then please make this right and fix the rewards to any who played 5+ games period - Our lost time is valuable too. 

-------------------------

Good Hunting ! 

Karandar