You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Legio_X_

People playing rank AFK?

28 comments in this topic

Members
16 posts
307 battles

How can we end this crap. Just played a game where our CV in rank was frecking AFK. You know how that match went...

[-1]
Beta Testers
1,795 posts
18,689 battles

I got to play the Mini Rank for only 24 hours and then ranked out . Not fair that I can't play it anymore since I ranked out. Well in two weeks I will be able to play Mini Rank two with eight players on each side ………..

• Bad 1

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,019 posts
11,539 battles
14 minutes ago, Legio_X_ said:

How can we end this crap. Just played a game where our CV in rank was frecking AFK. You know how that match went...

But, but it's not his fault.  he got disconnected, or had to pee, or had to take out the trash for his mom.  You should be more understanding.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,150 posts
8,766 battles
7 minutes ago, crzyhawk said:

But, but it's not his fault.  he got disconnected, or had to pee, or had to take out the trash for his mom.  You should be more understanding.

There is also the very real possibility that they are have loading issues.

• Cool 3

[WOLF9]
Members
1,022 posts
1 minute ago, Captmuddxx_2018 said:

Report him in a support ticket there is a cheating rigging/throwing battle category!

Or, maybe, just maybe, you could grow up and accept that these things happen.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,283 battles
40 minutes ago, KURT_WOLFF said:

I got to play the Mini Rank for only 24 hours and then ranked out . Not fair that I can't play it anymore since I ranked out. Well in two weeks I will be able to play Mini Rank two with eight players on each side ………..

Sorry, but you shouldn't be allowed to play the role of spoiler for other players trying to work their way through ranked.  It might have been nice if there'd been a League of the Sea-Wolves like in past ranked seasons.  OTOH, from what I've read here on the forums, that league hasn't been very popular, because it's almost impossible to get battles for various reasons, such as limited number of people having ranked out, then even more limited number of ranked out players who even want to play in this league.

[MUDD]
Members
84 posts
891 battles

@Doombeagle I am 66 well past grown up and I do not have to accept anything! Wise up! People Cheat!

Ha Ha Ha you and your pathetic down vote! Mellow out man!

Edited by Captmuddxx_2018
  • Bad 1

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,283 battles
23 minutes ago, Doombeagle said:

Doombeagle, the problem is that this AFK CV may not be a simple AFK.  It may be the alt account of other CV player who wants to play his CV in ranked but can't get matches, so he starts up his alt account and puts a CV in the ranked queue for his main account CV to fight against.  

I don't worry about this happening with other ship types.  But with CVs, I don't really trust that it's not happening.  And would love to see all reported cases of AFK CV investigated for this sort of cheating.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,283 battles
35 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

There is also the very real possibility that they are have loading issues.

There is also the very real possibility that the AFK CV is the other team's CV player's alt account, which he started up to put another CV in the ranked queue so that he didn't have to wait forever for a CV battle.

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,150 posts
8,766 battles
7 minutes ago, Crucis said:

There is also the very real possibility that the AFK CV is the other team's CV player's alt account, which he started up to put another CV in the ranked queue so that he didn't have to wait forever for a CV battle.

In the CV matches I have been in I haven't run into this.

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,283 battles
3 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

In the CV matches I have been in I haven't run into this.

The problem is, how can one really know that it's happening?  If the conniving CV player creates an alt account with a completely different name that has no relation to his main account, the AFK alt account CV would probably be indistinguishable from most AFKs.  And about the only ways I can think of learning that this was done is a) the player says so, or b) someone does some sort of trace routing of both CVs' accounts to see if they come from the same IP address.

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,150 posts
8,766 battles
3 minutes ago, Crucis said:

The problem is, how can one really know that it's happening?  If the conniving CV player creates an alt account with a completely different name that has no relation to his main account, the AFK alt account CV would probably be indistinguishable from most AFKs.  And about the only ways I can think of learning that this was done is a) the player says so, or b) someone does some sort of trace routing of both CVs' accounts to see if they come from the same IP address.

I am saying that I have been seeing AFK/slow load CV's at about the same rate as other ships.

[-CIV-]
Members
185 posts
2,243 battles
17 minutes ago, Crucis said:

I also don't see how this works as a long term strategy. The losing account is going to drop in rank until MM won't ever put both ships into the same battle anymore. To keep it up, the player would have to regularly bring the alt up to rank. At that point, the player is just ranking twice.

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,283 battles
14 minutes ago, yungpanda said:

I also don't see how this works as a long term strategy. The losing account is going to drop in rank until MM won't ever put both ships into the same battle anymore. To keep it up, the player would have to regularly bring the alt up to rank. At that point, the player is just ranking twice.

He only has to play it enough to get into rank 5.  Also consider all the irrevocable ranks.

[WOLF9]
Members
1,022 posts
1 hour ago, Captmuddxx_2018 said:

@Doombeagle I am 66 well past grown up and I do not have to accept anything! Wise up! People Cheat!

Ha Ha Ha you and your pathetic down vote! Mellow out man!

Actually, I'm not the one who down voted you, but I stand by my original assessment. Age has nothing to do with maturity, or adult behavior, as you so amply demonstrate.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[SCTFB]
[SCTFB]
Beta Testers
3,923 posts
14,688 battles

It's not the afk ones that bother me. It's the ones that just throw matches for the hell of it. This happen twice so far and one even bragged about doing it

• Cool 1

[WOLF9]
[WOLF9]
Members
158 posts
3,471 battles

Have to confess, I had an AFK in a ranked battle yesterday.  No nefarious purpose behind it other than just misadventure on my part.  My wife inadvertently unplugged the power supply to my laptop and it just shut down right after the start of the battle.  Normally i would get a warning but if it did I couldn't see it in the game.  It went dead.  Ok, it's my fault and I let my teammates down but there was no other purpose such as cheating or trying to throw the game.

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,150 posts
8,766 battles
1 minute ago, Triela50 said:

It's not the afk ones that bother me. It's the ones that just throw matches for the hell of it. This happen twice so far and one even bragged about doing it

It can simply be greed with people chasing unneeded kills but the one that bragged should be reported to support.

[ADAPT]
Members
805 posts
12,773 battles

Afk in rank sprint,  my thought they just farm win with every tier 5 ship they got. Just enter battle and exit to port to start new one...erm.. Cheaters.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,320 posts
11,434 battles
2 hours ago, Doombeagle said:

What you may be missing is that there are some players that have an alt account and que up both accounts trying to get an AFK CV to insure a win. It is a slim chance, but it is out there. If this is the case, a report ticket helps WG weed them out vs somebody with a real life issue that prevented them from playing that match.

Also, there are bot accounts in use as well. These are rare also.

But, carriers in ranked is the first time this season since they started ranked.

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,590 posts
14,010 battles

I got a buddy that has extensive connection issues and often loads late.  I give him a lot of sh*t, because of the cr-p infrastructure where he's from (Kentucky).  It's made more hilarious that a guy we've divisioned with here and there, who plays NA server all the way from Vietnam.  He has a better, smoother, reliable connection to the server in the United States from Southeast Asia, than he does with cr-p infrastructure in the US itself.

[ARRGG]
Members
4,674 posts
7,503 battles
2 hours ago, Crucis said:

The odds of a CV entering a battle and leaving to again enter a battle and get another boat on the opposite team to battle ... not good odds, but I guess miracles do happen ...there just very rare

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,283 battles
4 minutes ago, HMCS_Devilfish said:

The odds of a CV entering a battle and leaving to again enter a battle and get another boat on the opposite team to battle ... not good odds, but I guess miracles do happen ...there just very rare

That's not what I'm talking about.  I'm talking about someone who might have 2 computers, or 2 instances of WoWS on the same computer, so that they can run 2 accounts at the same time.

[ARRGG]
Members
4,674 posts
7,503 battles
22 minutes ago, Crucis said:

That's not what I'm talking about.  I'm talking about someone who might have 2 computers, or 2 instances of WoWS on the same computer, so that they can run 2 accounts at the same time.

And you think this is how common? Having sink dropped into games with my Clan buddies it doesn’t always work, I’ve played a bunch of games in this new ranked and not seem one AFK , I have seen players do lone wolf stuff because there obviously new, but am really enjoying the games