You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
andredr

To the ones that have perchase a carrier in the past

12 comments in this topic

[-TD-]
Members
15 posts
11,244 battles

Good morning gents

I would like to know what is the official or none official position of Wargaming wiht the people that have bought carriers in the past.  They not only bought a ship but also a service and that service will be changing significantly in a near future.  What happens the their purchase?

Thank you

André B.

• Boring 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,706 posts
11,323 battles

They haven't said yet, it's still a ways away from happening. I am sure that people will get the chance to get refunded for their ships if they wish.

[PVE]
Members
5,310 posts
17,747 battles
32 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

I am sure that people will get the chance to get refunded for their ships if they wish.

It would be the right thing to do since the change is far more radical than the "smoke nerf". That said, I am none too sure when you look at all the huge amounts of posts on the forum where people are praising the change. So many people posting positive comments on the change who I have never seen here before... If I were a cynic, I would think it is being set up to avoid refunding players. 

• Funny 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,136 posts
8,762 battles
35 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

They haven't said yet, it's still a ways away from happening. I am sure that people will get the chance to get refunded for their ships if they wish.

Quite a ways from happening with many many changes happening along the way, this is really an alpha test even with the beta tag.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,136 posts
8,762 battles
Just now, Taylor3006 said:

It would be the right thing to do since the change is far more radical than the "smoke nerf". That said, I am none too sure when you look at all the huge amounts of posts on the forum where people are praising the change. So many people posting positive comments on the change who I have never seen here before... If I were a cynic, I would think it is being set up to avoid refunding players. 

I like what I have seen in testing so far but there are lots of rough edges to clean up yet. Will everyone love it? Heck no but I feel that far more people will play and enjoy them than play and enjoy the current system.

[NGA-B]
Alpha Tester
9,326 posts
3,646 battles
1 minute ago, BrushWolf said:

I like what I have seen in testing so far but there are lots of rough edges to clean up yet. Will everyone love it? Heck no but I feel that far more people will play and enjoy them than play and enjoy the current system.

Same here, except that Ray Charles type blindness carrier driver this past match that I saw every single torp bomber he dropped was behind a battleship by at least half a battleship. And when he finally did get lined up decently he dropped before his dispersion cone narrowed at all. That was just... had to be intentionally bad.

[GWG]
[GWG]
15,136 posts
8,762 battles
3 minutes ago, J30_Reinhardt said:

Same here, except that Ray Charles type blindness carrier driver this past match that I saw every single torp bomber he dropped was behind a battleship by at least half a battleship. And when he finally did get lined up decently he dropped before his dispersion cone narrowed at all. That was just... had to be intentionally bad.

Hard to say, it does take a little getting used to how far out to start the run so it may have just been a hurried drop in the hope that one would find its way home.

[PVE]
Members
5,310 posts
17,747 battles
12 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Well no doubt it is still being worked out but as someone who likes the current carrier play style, it will drive me away as I don't like the idea of "playing planes". You may feel there will be far more players using the class, I disagree. There are plenty of people not using them because they don't like them. No change will bring them around. I suspect there will be new players to carriers but the question is will it be as many as we lose? Personally I think the numbers will be about the same once the initial excitement is over as I see nothing interesting about the new style of play. The most telling comment regarding the rework is how cool flak looks......... Seriously people are more interested in how the AA appears on the screen than actual value of the ship in combat...... 

Edited by Taylor3006
  • Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[WOLFB]
Members
2,579 posts
4,948 battles

I like what I see so far so I think I will want to keep my ships. But I will worry about that when I see the final changes. 

[PVE]
Members
5,310 posts
17,747 battles
1 minute ago, Lonewolfpj said:

I like what I see so far so I think I will want to keep my ships. But I will worry about that when I see the final changes. 

I too am going to wait and see before dragging out my torch and pitchfork. When the change hits the live server, will play the class and see before making a fuss. What I was trying to say is I don't like the direction it is taking and am not hopeful. 

• Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,706 posts
11,323 battles
5 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

I think its a massive improvement over the current CVs (still think they should just be flat out removed), but the success of the changes and the eventual refunds are unrelated. I am sure they will give refunds, but will it be limited to doubloons? Will players have a chance to play their premiums under the new meta before deciding? 

[PVE]
Members
5,310 posts
17,747 battles
1 hour ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

I think its a massive improvement over the current CVs (still think they should just be flat out removed), but the success of the changes and the eventual refunds are unrelated. I am sure they will give refunds, but will it be limited to doubloons? Will players have a chance to play their premiums under the new meta before deciding? 

I think non carrier players think it is an improvement. From what I have seen it is different not necessarily better. 

Doubloons would be the way to go IMHO, that way Wargaming loses nothing and players can spend them how they see fit. Everyone makes out just fine although I am sure there will be some players asking for their money back. Seems when they did the smoke nerf you had like a week or so to turn in your Perth, Kutuzov, and HuangeMeh (? not sure it was in game yet) and get reimbursed. That should be enough time for players to try them out. I hope they don't forget about the premium camos purchased for tech tree carriers either. Whatever happens I expect it will be a mess.