Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
WW2_Iron_Duke

WOW REALLY WG this is the Cossack?

40 comments in this topic

[-DOG-]
[-DOG-]
Members
37 posts
3,011 battles

OMG I decided to say screw it to the grind that is the Cossack.Take ur time and don't worry about it THE LIGHTNING IS I mean REALLY is A WAY BETTER SHIP.

COSSACK IS GARBAGE BOAT,THAT BELONGS MAYBE TIER 7 TOPS CHECKED AGAINST ALL MY OTHER DDS it isn't SPECIAL.

Smoke SUCKS,too short  not enough puffs,guns are well 6 of them are ok might as well not have the other 2,hp pretty much tier 7 speed sucks.

DO NOT BURN YOURSELF OUT grinding this HEAP the lighting is a FAR BETTER WAY BETTER EXTREMELY BETTER Ship.

[WOLF6]
Members
1,784 posts
4,804 battles

So, what you’re saying is...:Smile_teethhappy:

i have both and would agree that lightning is a better boat. But Cossack isn’t bad. Different? OMG yes. But not bad. 

I miss the other torp launcher, but otherwise they are very similar. 

Edited by Thornir

[DPG]
Members
816 posts
4,199 battles
13 minutes ago, WW2_Iron_Duke said:

OMG I decided to say screw it to the grind that is the Cossack.Take ur time and don't worry about it THE LIGHTNING IS I mean REALLY is A WAY BETTER SHIP.

COSSACK IS GARBAGE BOAT,THAT BELONGS MAYBE TIER 7 TOPS CHECKED AGAINST ALL MY OTHER DDS it isn't SPECIAL.

Smoke SUCKS,too short  not enough puffs,guns are well 6 of them are ok might as well not have the other 2,hp pretty much tier 7 speed sucks.

DO NOT BURN YOURSELF OUT grinding this HEAP the lighting is a FAR BETTER WAY BETTER EXTREMELY BETTER Ship.

Do you mean the Jutland?  The Cossack is a premium ship.

edit:  nvm.  I guess you mean you decided to drop the money early.  

Edited by Amenhir

Beta Testers
2,817 posts
3,945 battles

we warned you,haida is a superior ship, but a tier lower.

[SIM]
Members
2,429 posts
4,060 battles

Yes, Cossack is clearly a tier VII ship that’s been overtiered. She has next to no hitting power, and her stealthiness does not provide enough of an advantage to compensate. 

• Cool 2

[KP]
Members
1,995 posts
18,375 battles
1 minute ago, SkaerKrow said:

Yes, Cossack is clearly a tier VII ship that’s been overtiered. She has next to no hitting power, and her stealthiness does not provide enough of an advantage to compensate. 

She would have been super solid at tier 7 like she originally was. However in the interest of making more money they over tiered it for a money grab. 

• Cool 4

[-DOG-]
[-DOG-]
Members
37 posts
3,011 battles

I couldn't believ it,didnt think they would give the crap smoke to the premium also,long LIVE GALLANT and jervis,and  the Gaja they are definitely better ships then this

[SDIWO]
Members
1,031 posts
5,231 battles
17 minutes ago, WW2_Iron_Duke said:

I can't really get what you're trying to say here because of the TOO MUCH SCREAMING!!!!!!

• Funny 2

[SDIWO]
Members
1,031 posts
5,231 battles
2 minutes ago, IronMike11B4O said:

She would have been super solid at tier 7 like she originally was. However in the interest of making more money they over tiered it for a money grab. 

As someone with a lot more battles than me would you agree that this kind of behavior from WG is becoming more and more prevalent?

[-DOG-]
[-DOG-]
Members
37 posts
3,011 battles

Thank god the Haida wasn't butchered like the Cossack I see NO REASON Cossack had to be in tier 8 ,I always had my doubts this just proved it.

Also Have the Haida it is a different ship BUT ALOT MORE ENJOYABLE.

[TOG]
Members
2,348 posts
14,590 battles

Any of you read LHM's review of it?

Cossack does have one advantage over the Lightning. Engine boost. Which comes in handy if any ship with an engine boost goes after you in open water. I do miss the extra torpedo launcher found in the Lighting. I find there are two types of premiums

1. The type where it doesn't matter what the skill level is, the ship will always be at least decent.

2. The type where the effectiveness scales up with player skill.

Guess what category Cossack belong in?

My recommendation is look at reviews first before buying. Caveat Emptor and all that.

BTW my W/R right now is 63.64% in the Cossack.

• Boring 1

[NAM-1]
[NAM-1]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
146 posts
4,436 battles

My eyes hurt after reading his post.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,708 posts
11,323 battles

My friend would disagree. I would suggest you just git gud.

Distance: 6607 km Last battle: Sun, 21 Oct 2018 02:36:40 GMT Battles: 134 (91W/43L/0T - WR: 68% - SR: 46%) Planes destroyed: 3 WTR: 1934
Average scores
- Damage: 51160 - XP: 2165 - Kills: 1.13 - Planes destroyed: 0.02
Best scores
- Damage: 175650 - XP: 3933 - Kills: 4 - Planes destroyed: 2
Main battery
- Kills: 104 (Max: 4) - Shots: 34588 (Acc: 42%)
Torpedoes
- Kills: 20 (Max: 2) - Shots: 1940 (Acc: 9%)
Secondary battery
- Kills: 0 (Max: 0) - Shots: 0 (Acc: 0%)
Ramming
- Kills: 0 (Max: 0)
Edited by Kapitan_Wuff
  • Boring 2

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
387 posts
3,334 battles

I like my Cossack but the MM hurts even in co-op.  She can't compete against T9 and 10 gunboats.

When she is top tier, she does just fine in a knife fight.  She needs a bit of a buff, IMO.  Torpedo reload booster?

• Cool 2

[ICBM]
Members
305 posts
7,849 battles
1 hour ago, WW2_Iron_Duke said:

I have both and prefer Cossack...

[PVE]
Members
5,310 posts
17,747 battles
20 minutes ago, Captain_Slattery said:

I like my Cossack but the MM hurts even in co-op.  She can't compete against T9 and 10 gunboats.

When she is top tier, she does just fine in a knife fight.  She needs a bit of a buff, IMO.  Torpedo reload booster?

I kind of like her too but you are right, she really suffers with matchmaking and is really only good for escaping. Definitely not a boat made for fighting especially at the higher tiers..... 

[KP]
Members
1,995 posts
18,375 battles
1 hour ago, LubzinNJ said:

As someone with a lot more battles than me would you agree that this kind of behavior from WG is becoming more and more prevalent?

It really became noticable with the Graf Zeppelin. They have had all kinds of problems balancing what should be a tier 6. Yes it's just getting worse the longer the game goes on. UK CL's tech tree are another example specifically where the tier 5-6 are concerned. Leander has always been a tier 5 cruiser at heart but you have to have paywalls to make people open their wallets.

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,276 battles
33 minutes ago, Lonewolfpj said:

Always Read LWM reviews before you buy something. 

Always do.  LWM is the gold standard of premium ship reviews.

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,276 battles
2 hours ago, SkaerKrow said:

This is a problem I have with taking what are inherently hybrid DDs and removing one of the two torp launchers, and forcing them to depend on their guns.  The Akizuki can do it, because she really isn't a hybrid plus she has the torp reload booster.  But I'm no fan of the Kidd for this reason.  Sure, it can shoot down planes, but that's only valuable *IF* you're in a CV battle.  And you only have a single torp launcher, so your alpha strike, your hitting power is limited, though at least the Kidd has American smoke.  

I don't have the Cossack yet, but with that short RN DD smoke and only 1 torp launcher, it seems like she's seriously gimped as a DD.  Of course, I feel the same way about the Haida as well.  

[MIA-A]
[MIA-A]
1,978 posts
7,644 battles

Cossack has more gunpower less torpedo power than Lightning, doesn't get the 360 turning guns of Lightning but gets speed boost and the second best gun performance of a DD in its tier, but doesn't lose out on concealment like Akizuki, otherwise it's just like Lightning. Why do people hate it exactly? Maybe they don't realize that it has guns or something? Very strange. 

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,468 posts
6,648 battles
10 minutes ago, NeoRussia said:

Cossack has more gunpower less torpedo power than Lightning, doesn't get the 360 turning guns of Lightning but gets speed boost and the second best gun performance of a DD in its tier, but doesn't lose out on concealment like Akizuki, otherwise it's just like Lightning. Why do people hate it exactly? Maybe they don't realize that it has guns or something? Very strange. 

It is a t6 worthy gunboat placed at t8, while her sistership, Haida, benefits from t7 matchmaking. On its own merits, Cossack should be fine, but coming after Haida, being shoehorned and forcibly uptiered to t8, it is in an unflattering spotlight of attention.

• Cool 2

[MIA-A]
[MIA-A]
1,978 posts
7,644 battles
10 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

It is a t6 worthy gunboat placed at t8, while her sistership, Haida, benefits from t7 matchmaking. On its own merits, Cossack should be fine, but coming after Haida, being shoehorned and forcibly uptiered to t8, it is in an unflattering spotlight of attention.

I don't see how Cossack would have any issue being uptiered when it outguns, outconceals, and almost outruns most T9 DDs. Sure it isn't as good as Fletcher because Fletcher has much torpedo power as well, but the firepower is on par with Fletcher and the concealment is much better. The short duration low cooldown smokes and hydrocoustic search make her stronger than Fletcher in a DD duel too. As with Kidd it is probably the best premium in the game at T8 for being uptiered.

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,468 posts
6,648 battles
2 minutes ago, NeoRussia said:

I don't see how Cossack would have any issue being uptiered when it outguns, outconceals, and almost outruns most T9 DDs. Sure it isn't as good as Fletcher because Fletcher has much torpedo power as well, but the firepower is on par with Fletcher and the concealment is much better. The short duration low cooldown smokes and hydrocoustic search make her stronger than Fletcher in a DD duel too. As with Kidd it is probably the best premium in the game at T8 for being uptiered.

But I am speaking of perceptions, rather than facts. (About which you are right)

Sign in to follow this