You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
firemedic1428

Great job with the Ovechkin "randomness" WG

10 comments in this topic

[REVY]
Beta Testers
260 posts
1,680 battles

Bought 3 of the $5 containers, which I usually buy the $100 packages of these collections, but my wallet is slowly closing, but I digress. 3 containers, all 3 have the same collection item, aka 1 item and 2 duplicates of it.

Bravo. Now I see why CCs like Notser are against this stuff. I'm not even trying for the super rewards but for Pete's sake 3 of the same item. FFS.

Time to start dumping my discretionary income into guitars again. I could have a new Gibson Les Paul for the money I've dropped over the years. But that's on me. 

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1

[PVE]
Members
8,982 posts
7,315 battles
2 minutes ago, firemedic1428 said:

Bought 3 of the $5 containers, which I usually buy the $100 packages of these collections, but my wallet is slowly closing, but I digress. 3 containers, all 3 have the same collection item, aka 1 item and 2 duplicates of it.

Bravo. Now I see why CCs like Notser are against this stuff. I'm not even trying for the super rewards but for Pete's sake 3 of the same item. FFS.

Time to start dumping my discretionary income into guitars again. I could have a new Gibson Les Paul for the money I've dropped over the years. But that's on me. 

You can get the collection items from the daily containers. So you get 5 free boxes from the Ovechkin missions to start the collection and then collect the rest of the items in daily containers. No need to buy the boxes in the shop unless you want Draconic flags and Victorious camos.

• Cool 2

[LOU1]
Members
2,898 posts
8,004 battles

Basically, the Great 8 containers are $5 to get 10 camos and 10 special flags.  As always, collection items can come mostly freely from daily crates.

With Premium crates, I always think in terms of flag/camo cost, and how much I can/feel like spending at the time.  That is unless I really want a collection item, a chance at a mission, or a chance at a special perma camo:

Great 8:         20 camo/flags @ 2x10 for $5                                     (min 1 box):      .25/each  ($5 min cost)     (RNG: ship/Cmdr mission)

Freedom:      20 flags for $5                                                               (min 5 boxes):  .25/each  ($25 min cost)

Yamamoto:  12 flags for $5 (possible 24)                                       (min 5 boxes):  .41/each   ($25 min cost)  (RNG: .20/each for 24

Bismarck:     14 camo/flags @ 2x7 for $3 (possible 40 @ 2x20) (min 5 boxes): .21/each   ($15 min cost)  (RNG: .07/each for 40)

Royal Navy:  10/camo/flags @ 2x5 for $3                                        (min 1 box):    .30/each   ($3 min cost)     (RNG:  RN DD mission)

Edited by ExploratorOne
  • Cool 1

[-WPG-]
Members
745 posts
3,168 battles

It's a very small collection - 16 items - so you're going to get dups sooner with this one. See flamu's video from yesterday 

btw that same video shows flamu opening premium Halloween containers. Apparently they have a very high drop rate for the Haloween perma camos. 

[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
462 posts
964 battles
19 minutes ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

It's a very small collection - 16 items - so you're going to get dups sooner with this one. See flamu's video from yesterday 

btw that same video shows flamu opening premium Halloween containers. Apparently they have a very high drop rate for the Haloween perma camos. 

Yep, but he didn't get any special drops from the Great 8 containers out of the 15 opened.

[4HIM]
Members
1,720 posts
3,905 battles
40 minutes ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

Apparently they have a very high drop rate for the Haloween perma camos. 

Flamu typically gets really good drop rates.  Entices his minions to buy MOAR crates.  During the RN DD mission, he got all 4 missions from the first dozen or so crates he opened.  

[-WPG-]
Members
745 posts
3,168 battles
10 minutes ago, ZARDOZ_II said:

Flamu typically gets really good drop rates.  Entices his minions to buy MOAR crates.  During the RN DD mission, he got all 4 missions from the first dozen or so crates he opened.  

Yeah his RN crates were nuts. But I think he was just very fortunate with RNG. Notser opened even more RN premium crates and got squat. I don't think they'd seed Flamu's crates but not other CCs like Notser. 

[KRAK]
Members
959 posts
13,126 battles
2 hours ago, firemedic1428 said:

I have completed every single collection to date except the latest hockey one and never ever bought a single container. There is no need at all you can get the collection items needed in game.

[SIMP]
Members
819 posts
8,234 battles
3 hours ago, firemedic1428 said:

Omg get the Les Paul, the HP 2019 looks pretty nice, I would get one but, I have this snap-on gas going now...

[REVY]
Beta Testers
260 posts
1,680 battles
50 minutes ago, _cthulhu_ said:

Omg get the Les Paul, the HP 2019 looks pretty nice, I would get one but, I have this snap-on gas going now...

I've heard bad things about the newest Gibsons.

I play a lot of Oasis, so I was thinking of trying to find that Union Jack painted Epiphone Sheraton that Noel used on the Maine Road tour.