You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
desmo_2

Renting a lap top?

9 comments in this topic

[O_O]
Members
4,338 posts
9,316 battles

In 7 days I am leaving the state for a 3-week training program.  I will be living in a hotel and will probably be bored out of my mind in the evenings.  To keep me entertained and to keep up with the missions, I would like to have a laptop to run WoWS.  I don't know anyone who is willing to part with one for that long, and I do not want to buy one.  I'll be in Raleigh, NC.

Do any of you know of a retailer that rents laptops?  Any other suggestions?

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
3,768 posts
12,476 battles

almost any rent to own place Aarons, Rent a Center etc

[LOU1]
Members
2,898 posts
8,004 battles

Looking at the prices of weekly rentals, you might check Craig's list or ebay for a used one. With Craig's list it would be local and you could check it out in person first.  With ebay, it would probably be shipped and there is a chance it might have an undisclosed issue.  i have purchased many laptops through ebay over the years and have a feel for the sellers.  That was for my younger kids who were rough with devices - Thinkpads survived the longest.

An important consideration is that with Aaron's or Rent-A-Center you have service support and can possibly exchange a malfunctioning device.  If you are not a techie, the added cost is worth that.

Edited by ExploratorOne

Members
1,067 posts
6,148 battles

Rent it for a month at Aarons. I think that's about as cheap a solution possible for just a month's use.

[FAILD]
Members
427 posts
1,598 battles

Well hope you are staying in a decent motel/hotel. Most have slow to poor internets. I hope find a good solution. I also travel for work and understand the need to stay connected. 

Members
2,420 posts
5,424 battles
48 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Maybe buy one from a retailer and return it after the trip?

Many retails have caught on to that scheme and have policies that prohibit that. Exchanges only for same grade machine or upgrade but  no refunds.

[HINON]
Members
8,876 posts
20 minutes ago, dionkraft said:

Many retails have caught on to that scheme and have policies that prohibit that. Exchanges only for same grade machine or upgrade but  no refunds.

Afaik best buy offers a 15 day return period without requiring an exchange. OP could use it for a portion of that time and then return by mail or at a bestbuy. 

Edited by RipNuN2

[WOLF3]
Members
6,051 posts
2,213 battles
On 10/21/2018 at 8:39 AM, desmo_2 said:

To keep me entertained and to keep up with the missions, I would like to have a laptop to run WoWS.  I don't know anyone who is willing to part with one for that long, and I do not want to buy one.  I'll be in Raleigh, NC.

Check some of your local small computer stores.  They often have used machines for sale very cheap and may rent.  I've seen estimable PCs as cheap as $100.