Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
HMAS_THUNDERCHILD

There needs to be a video post on how to fly these new cvs planes

6 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
7 posts
19,860 battles

I have now no end of problems getting them to fly etc  drop torps bombs etc. there needs to be a guide posted. or a video?

i watched I chase video on cv s etc and after playing them i agree with everything he says about the change.

Still need a guide on how to fly them still

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,484 posts
6,657 battles

exclusive free guide !

double tap 1 2 or 3 number keys to choose one of torp, dive bomb or rocket armed planes, then WASD just as you would with a ship. Click to begin an attack run, when your crosshairs/target indicator is on the target, click again to drop/launch munitions.

it is fairly intuitive now.

[RST]
Members
325 posts
6,718 battles

@LoveBote I'm with the OP (although I rarely play CV in live server), I'm struggling a bit to get consistent hits.  Only a few games played and just putting together the use of consumables and flying. Torp runs are intuitive and I like how they feel, rocket attacks are...OK.  Dive bombing I believe is more like it actually was, but I'm still starting my attack too soon and thus not landing hits much.  I think I need to be more nearly overhead for DB (like in real life).  Anyway, I am agreeing with the OP that I'm not finding it all 100% intuitive, but, I also think part of it is for those of us who have dabbled in CVs it may be that we have to unlearn then relearn.  I'm reserving judgement.

Could also be the higher level CV players (who have mastered aspects like manual drops and such) are used to some of the aspects I'm mentioning and so it maybe is more intuitive and not much of a change. 

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,484 posts
6,657 battles
54 minutes ago, groomsiebelle said:

@LoveBote I'm with the OP (although I rarely play CV in live server), I'm struggling a bit to get consistent hits.  Only a few games played and just putting together the use of consumables and flying. Torp runs are intuitive and I like how they feel, rocket attacks are...OK.  Dive bombing I believe is more like it actually was, but I'm still starting my attack too soon and thus not landing hits much.  I think I need to be more nearly overhead for DB (like in real life).  Anyway, I am agreeing with the OP that I'm not finding it all 100% intuitive, but, I also think part of it is for those of us who have dabbled in CVs it may be that we have to unlearn then relearn.  I'm reserving judgement.

Could also be the higher level CV players (who have mastered aspects like manual drops and such) are used to some of the aspects I'm mentioning and so it maybe is more intuitive and not much of a change. 

Thing is a guide won't really help for now, as we have no way of judging ship speed, and so the lead necessary for dive bomb attacks. torpedo attack runs are far too easy, rockets are moderate difficulty, dive bombs are hardcore mode. I have a feeling, this is a deliberate strategy by WG during testing. It will probably evolve.

Members
2 posts
1,580 battles

I'm just looking for the keyboard guide. Trying to find how to switch from flight to flight. Only tried one battle and couldn't launch more than 1 flight at a time, so now looking for keyboard layout.

*** I found a guide, or at least useful info   :)  https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/gamestuff/year-of-the-ceevee/

Edited by DMoagn
Update

[GWG]
Members
46 posts
4,033 battles
On 10/21/2018 at 3:39 PM, DMoagn said:

I'm just looking for the keyboard guide. Trying to find how to switch from flight to flight. Only tried one battle and couldn't launch more than 1 flight at a time, so now looking for keyboard layout.

*** I found a guide, or at least useful info   :)  https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/gamestuff/year-of-the-ceevee/

Thank You!  Had no clue this guide even existed.  Would have been nice if WG had included a link to it in the invitational Beta test email they originally sent out.  Some things are clearer now.... and I've never played CVs before.  (well, I did two times and gave it up as a lost cause)

Sign in to follow this