You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Capitan_Crunch

AXIS VS ALLIES

5 comments in this topic

[-DOG-]
[-DOG-]
Members
40 posts
8,252 battles

I know this will never happen in randoms….Unfortunatley but how about at least for coop?

I know me and a few clan mates like to stay within the same theater when we division AND I AM sure lots of us older p;layers that play this game 

as some form of nostalgia from wars gone by,would probably love this feature.

[SF-E]
Beta Testers
944 posts
4,063 battles
4 minutes ago, Capitan_Crunch said:

I know this will never happen in randoms….Unfortunatley but how about at least for coop?

I know me and a few clan mates like to stay within the same theater when we division AND I AM sure lots of us older p;layers that play this game 

as some form of nostalgia from wars gone by,would probably love this feature.

I do similar events in my historical discord but they are normally in the training room

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,298 battles

I don't think that an Axis vs Allies mode would be truly viable until all of the significant nations have appropriately filled out tech trees.  For example, there still isn't an Italian tech tree, just 4 premium ships.  And no RN CVs, though those are on the horizon.

Right now, the closest thing to an Axis vs Allies mode is the operations with national limitations.

Members
1,868 posts
5,656 battles

It's probably worth noting that there are certain national flavors that would completely break the balance of any sort of allies vs axis game.

For instance, only allied ships have radar, which would instantly confer an advantage to the allies in any sort of spotting/capping contest. In addition, the fact that practically only two nations at the moment have any serious carrier line means that is bound to cause an imbalance any time CVs and thus shipborne AA are in play.

In an all tier 10 USN vs IJN match with all classes included (say, 3 dds, 4 cruisers, 4 battleships, and a carrier for each side), Hakuryu would not be able to do much vs the combined AA of multiple Gearings, Des Moines/Worcesters, and Montanas, while the Midway can practically run riot against the Shimakazes, Harugamos, Yamatos, and even Zaos (especially with AP dive bombers). Any IJN dd that attempts to cap will be not only lit up by radar (while their USN counterparts will only have to fear being outspotted and perhaps the Hakuryu), but they will also be outgunned in the close-range brawl that characterizes cap fights.

Sure, the Yamatos will overmatch the Montanas' bow armor and the Zaos will beat a Des Moines and a Worcester in a long-range open-water gunfight, but the Montanas are capable of putting up a fair fight regardless (especially if Yamato's vulnerability at close range and that cheek citadel comes into play) and will suffer less from air attacks than Yamato, and any situation in which the Des Moines/Worcester manages to find decent island cover or close the gap into brawling range will leave the Zao with very little recourse.

• Cool 1