You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ExecutiveToasterOven

Discord Rich Presence for World of Warships

4 comments in this topic

Members
23 posts
703 battles

Greetings captains!

I would like to put forward the idea to work on rich presence for World of Warships in Discord. As you may know, many players use discord, and rich presence could enable all sorts of information to be told from outside the game. For those who don't know, it could look like this when opening a user's info panel under their name:

rich_presence.png

For instance, we could see if they were in port, in game and on which map, and see if they are in a division, how many people are in the division and their match status.

This can help WoWs players know their friends statuses, and also provide extra exposure for the game, as any user on discord who looks at this person's username and clicks on it will see this info. I would love to see this happen, and it would make it much easier to see my friend's match status while I am waiting for them to finish so that I can join them afterwards. Many game developers have already introduced rich presence for their games, some are basic, some are well used, and I would love if WG put a small amount of time in to enable rich presence on discord.

Currently, this is what we have:

image.png.bc7b699ac0465e5f2e71bc71a177b377.png

And I think it would be cool if this was expanded upon, and WG made good use of this integration. What do you think?

• Cool 4

[NGA-A]
[NGA-A]
Supertester
174 posts
5,133 battles

Great idea!

I am unsure of how realistic implimenting that discord divisioning with the current UI (i am not too familiar with discord functions tbh though), but i really like the status idea.

Edited by EpicLeveler
  • Cool 1

Members
23 posts
703 battles
2 minutes ago, EpicLeveler said:

Great idea!

I am unsure of how realistic implimenting the discord divisioning with the current UI (i am not too familiar with discord functions tbh though), but i really like the status idea.

It would be unlikely to be able to use divisions through discord, especially since there are multiple regions/ servers, but it was just an idea since many other games with their own rich presence have discord partying. The main thing that would be cool is match status like you said.