Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CaptLincoln

U.S. Naval Commanders

5 comments in this topic

[LSKF]
Members
10 posts
314 battles

My fellow naval "geeks,"

Forgive my use of the term, "geeks;" it is to be taken as a term of endearment. I read through all of these forums often and it's absolutely riveting, seeing with my own eyes such a community as this. However, as that is not the purpose of this thread, I shall leave with a simple, if not completely satisfactory, thank you to everyone for providing such a place as these forums for young people such as myself to indulge in our naval passion.

I recently got my hands on a 2015 edition of the complete history of the United States Navy, and the story is fascinating. I was wondering if anyone out there had any stories or tales to share about U.S. commanders, specifically. I want to start with my own country before I attempt to understand those of the world. I started with understanding the story of my grandfather, who served in Vietnam, and then into my local area, specifically Mare Island Naval Shipyards(Spent too much time exploring the abandoned buildings, I confess), and now want to know more about the country at large.

Again, thank you to everyone! I appreciate everything you guys and gals do so much!

Sincerely, CaptLincoln

[WOLF8]
Alpha Tester
1,029 posts
4,347 battles

Find a book called Thunder Below. It's about the exploits of Eugene Fluckey and the exploits of the USS Barb. They had a very interesting war and is well worth a read.

[WOLF8]
Alpha Tester
1,029 posts
4,347 battles
49 minutes ago, GhostSwordsman said:

Now that's a name just asking to be mispronounced. :Smile_teethhappy:

Lucky Fluckey? How could you possibly mispronounce that?

Sign in to follow this