Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
cavscout1739

Single shot turreted guns

12 comments in this topic

[B-W-M]
[B-W-M]
Members
315 posts
4,601 battles

So, I'm sitting here watching the movie animation for TST server (because it restarted again), and I'm just astounded by the beauty of the graphics and action. A real "get into the fight" piece of animation, and I watch the guns shoot one round each, in alternating turrets, as they engage the enemy.

I'm sitting to myself thinking, "Heh, wouldn't that be..."

And then I think for a bit of time - where have I seen that before - and hits me. British cruisers can launch their torpedoes, one at a time, out of their turreted launchers.

After that of course, it was just a matter of pointing it all out on the forum, and hoping that people would be so excited that the Russian battleships coming in were going to be single/salvo shot guns - yay!

[WOLF8]
Alpha Tester
1,030 posts
4,353 battles

I'm confused. All ships except for CVs currently have to option to fire a single gun.

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
1,311 posts
9,395 battles
7 minutes ago, KingCakeBaby said:

I'm confused. All ships except for CVs currently have to option to fire a single gun.

Not really, you can fire each turret one at a time, but you will still fire all the guns in the same turret together.

[SIDE]
Members
714 posts
3,131 battles
2 hours ago, cavscout1739 said:

So, I'm sitting here watching the movie animation for TST server (because it restarted again), and I'm just astounded by the beauty of the graphics and action. A real "get into the fight" piece of animation, and I watch the guns shoot one round each, in alternating turrets, as they engage the enemy.

And then I think for a bit of time - where have I seen that before - and hits me. British cruisers can launch their torpedoes, one at a time, out of their turreted launchers.

After that of course, it was just a matter of pointing it all out on the forum, and hoping that people would be so excited that the Russian battleships coming in were going to be single/salvo shot guns - yay!

... you just gotta hold down left click, and all guns will shoot one at a time. After a gun fires you just let go, and proceed to hold down for the next shot.  Firing a gun every 4 seconds as the Conq will net you some insane fire as each of them shells have insane fire chance. 

Members
23 posts
703 battles

I suppose such a 'fire one shot in a turret of multiple guns at a time' would be useful for testing your accuracy, and picking off easy targets without wasting a salvo. Seems cool, but of course the only way to fire the whole turret would be to hold-click or double click for a full salvo?

[KP]
Members
1,995 posts
18,375 battles
23 hours ago, cavscout1739 said:

German WWI gunnery was single fire from most of there Dreadnaughts.

Members
333 posts
5 battles
23 hours ago, Merlox said:

... you just gotta hold down left click, and all guns will shoot one at a time. After a gun fires you just let go, and proceed to hold down for the next shot.  Firing a gun every 4 seconds as the Conq will net you some insane fire as each of them shells have insane fire chance. 

Incorrect if you hold left click all the TURRETS will shoot one at a time, if the turret only has one gun then yes only one gun will fire, but if a turret has 3 like conq, then ALL THREE will fire at once. 

[ARGSY]
Members
5,722 posts
3,912 battles
9 hours ago, TheNargacuga said:

Incorrect if you hold left click all the TURRETS will shoot one at a time, if the turret only has one gun then yes only one gun will fire, but if a turret has 3 like conq, then ALL THREE will fire at once. 

This is one of the reasons I like the Furutaka A/B hull gun setup over the C hull, even though I know the C hull was her final historical form. Sometimes you want to fire one shell every X seconds as opposed to two every 2X seconds. Mind you, if there is any ship for which I would like the option to fire individual guns in a multi-gun turret one at a time, it is the GRAF SPEE.

[ICOP]
Members
777 posts
3,090 battles
9 hours ago, TheNargacuga said:

As I recall, double left click for all guns and holding left click for chain firing in sequence starting with the A turret.

Beta Testers
1,011 posts
13,558 battles
2 hours ago, Junostorm said:

As I recall, double left click for all guns and holding left click for chain firing in sequence starting with the A turret.

This is correct

[DANKY]
Members
426 posts
1,551 battles

Single barrel firing the Lyons would be hilarious.  

Overall I think it would make an excellent addition.  After all real battleships often refined their rangefinding that way, and it would give skilled players a situational edge in-game as well.  

Sign in to follow this