You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SJ_Sailer

Do They Still Give Out Super Containers?

29 comments in this topic

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Members
48 posts
767 battles

Do they still give out super containers?

If so what are the odds?  How many containers do you have to open before you get one?

I am 600 games in and unknown number of containers.  Still waiting.

Members
101 posts
5 battles

No, super containers  are an extinct species. Driven to such by the extreme of WG's greed. They say it is a 1% drop. Probably less from my experience. And that is only if you choose the SC option every time I bet.

Edited by CagedThunder
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Members
48 posts
767 battles

Well that explains it, I always choose "Resources" so I can gain and extra 50% oil for the clan buying Dunkirk containers.

Members
1,161 posts
501 battles

I had not gotten one in MONTHS... and I open an average of three a day, sometimes two.... EVERY DAY!... and one in 5 I select signals instead of CHANCE.... and last week I got THREE SC's in a week.... nothing since... and I expect nothing for weeks....

• Cool 1

[FML]
Members
1,624 posts
9,879 battles
13 minutes ago, SJ_Sailer said:

If so what are the odds?  How many containers do you have to open before you get one?

THey do exist - I got one today with 1k gold in it (very nice!). 

The drop chance is about 0.5 per cent, if i remember correctly.  The Try Your Luck option makes it 1 per cent.  They are rare, and they are meant to be rare.  They are also meant to be super, but that's more a matter of opinion.  

Personally, dont bet on getting one - and if you do get one, dont bet that it'll have a ship.  Expect nothing, and you wont be disapointed most of hte time, and on occasion (like me, today) you'll be pleasantly surprised.  

Once per year (or so), they have an event where you get one SC for every T10 ship you have - last year, I only got 2 from the event, this year I got 10.  The good news is you have about 11 months to get them :).  There are also SCs that drop from the Yamamoto and Halsey campains - those too are handy.  

Good luck!

[BOOTY]
Beta Testers
369 posts
6,893 battles
17 minutes ago, SJ_Sailer said:

I went something like six months without getting one and then last week I got two on the same day. I think in the last year I have gotten maybe 10 at most.

[WOLFB]
Members
1,646 posts
8,016 battles

Maybe they exist, I don't really know. Didn't bother picking TYL container since Coal container addition.

• Cool 1

Members
1,114 posts
3,141 battles

If I pick TYL, I can get one every month or two. Of course there's no reason to even get them, because they usually give me AA flags, and by usually I really do mean it. 

Members
6,621 posts
25,240 battles

I used to pick TYL once a day (one out of the three) just for the SC. Every so often it worked.

Since coal came out I only pick the coal ones. I got one SC in them in the last 3 months. Nothing since.

Members
3,407 posts
6,067 battles

In my tally - a SC (normal SC not campaign SC) seems to come between 3-5 months or so but  the # of games I play vary greatly.  Just got 50 Ocean Soul camo on 10/11

[POP]
Members
1,224 posts
8,007 battles

Yes they do, my 368 fire/flood flags prove it. Yep, 3 supercontainers in the past 4 weeks and all of them were 100 of the fire/flooding flags. 

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,239 posts
1 hour ago, CarbonButtprint said:

If I pick TYL, I can get one every month or two. Of course there's no reason to even get them, because they usually give me AA flags, and by usually I really do mean it. 

This is basically what I was doing for a very long time (12+ months) getting 2 to 3 regular crates a day for the duration. But I usually get useless camos I don't need, so I switched to the Resources one.

I opened 17 SCs from the anniversary event thing and 2 of them were actually Super, that's when I stopped caring.

Edited by w4spl3g

[WOLF3]
Members
5,908 posts
2,193 battles
2 hours ago, SJ_Sailer said:

Yes, they exist.  We can't be sure how many games or containers that you've been eligible.  You probably should have seen one by now, but RNG.  A random distribution of events is not a smooth distribution of events; you are as likely to see 4 SCs in 114 regular crates as zero SCs.

The nominal drop rate is 1.75% for regular containers, and double that - or 3.5% - for TYL.  But don't make the fool's bet of going to TYL.  A fail at TYL is far worse than a fail at a regular container.  Over time you will get more SC from TYL, but give up much more than you've gained. 

Welcome to the game and to the forum.

Members
101 posts
5 battles
42 minutes ago, OgreMkV said:

Yes they do, my 368 fire/flood flags prove it. Yep, 3 supercontainers in the past 4 weeks and all of them were 100 of the fire/flooding flags. 

That... is a SC in only technicality... aka i am so sorry for you luck. ,

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
1,894 posts
3,268 battles
2 hours ago, CagedThunder said:

No, super containers  are an extinct species. Driven to such by the extreme of WG's greed. They say it is a 1% drop. Probably less from my experience. And that is only if you choose the SC option every time I bet.

One must remember that's 1% per container, and it doesn't change the more containers you collect, and they could have said 0.1%

But let's work off of that 1% number, and get a far more accurate depiction of what to expect.

Most people think 1%, that's means 1 in 100 will be an SC, when that is not the case, the percentage chance, AVERAGES to 1%.

Also, if one wishes for a more realistic representation of how likely a super container will be, look to the 99% that it is not a SC, instead... Then do a little bit of beautiful mathematics

0.99^n where n=number of containers since last SC. rounding things down for simplicity, 50% isn't achieved until 67 or 68 containers, with container 69 <---beautiful number---> finally putting SC in your favor.

But looking at the 0.1% 0.001, which is what I believe the number to be truly, we have 0.999^n. That same 67 or 68 containers, is still near 93% chance of no SC, but n=680, gets you near 50% with 693 finally putting the odds in your favor...

Members
101 posts
5 battles
20 minutes ago, Counter_Gambit said:

One must remember that's 1% per container, and it doesn't change the more containers you collect, and they could have said 0.1%

But let's work off of that 1% number, and get a far more accurate depiction of what to expect.

Most people think 1%, that's means 1 in 100 will be an SC, when that is not the case, the percentage chance, AVERAGES to 1%.

Also, if one wishes for a more realistic representation of how likely a super container will be, look to the 99% that it is not a SC, instead... Then do a little bit of beautiful mathematics

0.99^n where n=number of containers since last SC. rounding things down for simplicity, 50% isn't achieved until 67 or 68 containers, with container 69 <---beautiful number---> finally putting SC in your favor.

But looking at the 0.1% 0.001, which is what I believe the number to be truly, we have 0.999^n. That same 67 or 68 containers, is still near 93% chance of no SC, but n=680, gets you near 50% with 693 finally putting the odds in your favor...

Yea 1 SC around every 231 days from non-TYL if you get all 3 SC every day sounds about right.

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
1,894 posts
3,268 battles
59 minutes ago, CagedThunder said:

Yea 1 SC around every 231 days from non-TYL if you get all 3 SC every day sounds about right.

yeah, but now, it is a matter of: is that 0.1% the TYL value, or is it not the TYL value?

If it isn't, then TYL is 0.2%, 0.998^n, n=347, 116 days of collecting 3 containers per day, is when the Super container starts moving in your favor, if all you do is collect the TYL. If the 0.1% is the TYL value, then the non-TYL value is 0.05%, 0.9995^n, n=1388 is when it moves in your favor. 463 days, 1 year + 98 or 97 days (depending on year that passed) of collecting non-TYL containers before SCs move into your favor.

At least I narrowed it down to a more accurate percentage.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,342 posts
10,134 battles
7 hours ago, SJ_Sailer said:

Yes they still exist.

I got one just a couple days ago and one about 3 weeks prior to that. It is all % based however and it is a very low % at that. You can't say I played X # of games so I should have X # of SC's as so many do. Doesn't work that way. It is a % chance at a SC on that ONE time container not a cumulative % of all containers earned.

Some people get them a lot and some people never get them. I have gone months with nothing and then have a week or 2 week span where I get 2-3. I even got back to back SC's one day out of my 1st and 2nd daily crates. All comes down to luck. 

The best odds for a SC are in the TYL ones. There is a 3% chance when you click TYL the dice roll will come up a SC. The other options (credits, consumables, resources, etc...) can also drop a SC but at a much lower % chance of the dice at just 1%. This does mirror my SC drop rate with the overwhelming majority coming from TYL.

The % chance in TYL is higher because the base content when you don't get a SC is so much less than what you get in the other crate options. You trade a guaranteed reward level for a better chance at a SC by going TYL thus a higher % chance at getting the SC vs the others.

This is all about getting the SC to start with. Once you do there is a whole different % chance at content.

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[WOLF9]
Members
1,018 posts
7 hours ago, SJ_Sailer said:

Allegedly yes, though the contents of said containers generally do not meet my (or most others') definition of super. Typically they are more mediocre containers, or in dating terms, containers with a great personality.

Odds, the odds are you won't get one. Nobody knows the real odds, because who knows what terrible calamity might befall the world if WG told players the probability of something happening.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,342 posts
10,134 battles
5 minutes ago, Doombeagle said:

Allegedly yes, though the contents of said containers generally do not meet my (or most others') definition of super. Typically they are more mediocre containers, or in dating terms, containers with a great personality.

Odds, the odds are you won't get one. Nobody knows the real odds, because who knows what terrible calamity might befall the world if WG told players the probability of something happening.

But they did at one point here since I joined make the odds known. I have seen LWM use the same odds I mention not long ago in another thread too. It's 1% for the regular ones and 3% for TYL. No I don't have the source so believe me or not. LOL.

Edited by AdmiralThunder

Alpha Tester
1,940 posts

SCs still exist. It just takes a heck of alot of patience. It takes even more patience to get a premium ship out of a SC, about a year maybe, at least from my experience. I always choose TYL because I'm not grinding anything making flags, camos and consumables useless to me. None of the Arsenal ships interest me either.

I got Blyskawica within a week when containers was first introduced.

MWftEfJ.png

Last year I got Krispy Kreme and Belfast.

46kg7AF.jpg

p5yx858.jpg

Just yesterday I got Perth. This was almost a year since I got Belfast. Again, it takes a heck of alot of patience and I always choose TYL. Don't let the images fool you, it took me dozens of SCs to finally get a premium ship. You're mostly going to get filler stuff like flags, camo and consumables. You've been warned.

gHTEdig.jpg

[-RNG-]
Beta Testers
229 posts
2,264 battles

The real way to get SCs is from campaigns. Otherwise you’ll get maybe three a year.

TYL containers are supposedly x2 SC chance, but why do that when you can stockpile coal, buy arsenal ships, and get better things?