Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Target_1

Langley squadrons

12 comments in this topic

Members
18 posts
1,923 battles

so, I'm pretty new to cvs... I have a Langley and can only launch one of each type of squadron at a time (or I just don't know how to do more)... is that correct?  I see some folks with like 3 squads of torp planes up at a time... I can't (or don't know how) to do that sort of thing.

Any help?

Target_1

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,710 posts
9,384 battles

USN only have 1 squad of each ... the one that you see is IJN CV, they build different.

USN is stronger in planes fight though

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Members
1,486 posts
2,043 battles

Yup, low tier CVs. You get more squadrons as you move up. The T10 IJN CV has 3 torp squadrons. The USN has more planes in a squadron, while the IJN has more squadrons but fewer planes.

[ARP2]
Members
1,221 posts
3,566 battles
44 minutes ago, Target_1 said:

so, I'm pretty new to cvs... I have a Langley and can only launch one of each type of squadron at a time (or I just don't know how to do more)... is that correct?  I see some folks with like 3 squads of torp planes up at a time... I can't (or don't know how) to do that sort of thing.

Any help?

Target_1

Different CVs have different squardon loadouts.  Its been a while since i played them, but i believe langley and bogue both run 1/1/1, then you get a second dive bomber squardon at independence.  If you want more (but smaller) squardons, play Japanese. 

Otherwise, yes, you are correct.  Langley can only launch one of each type of squadron till she runs out of aircraft.

[VVV]
Members
339 posts
2,240 battles
9 minutes ago, Hatework said:

second dive bomber squardon at independence.

Nope, working through Independence now and still at 1/1/1.

Otherwise your post was right.

• Cool 1

[TF16B]
Members
8,038 posts
16,968 battles
17 minutes ago, AtlanticRim said:

Yeah; for now the second DB, (for what it’s worth with the lunatic DB RNG,) comes with the (again, for now,) T7 Ranger.

Members
18 posts
1,923 battles

I had a bomber squadron that bombed but didn't return... how to force a squadron to return to carrier?

[ARP2]
Members
1,221 posts
3,566 battles
2 hours ago, AtlanticRim said:

thanks for the correction.  i played thru Independence before the squadron changes.  I thought they kept her at 1/1/2.

[ARP2]
Members
1,221 posts
3,566 battles
2 hours ago, Target_1 said:

I had a bomber squadron that bombed but didn't return... how to force a squadron to return to carrier?

Tapping the F key should tell your selected squadron to return to ship.  You can hit it at any time in the squardons flight, not just after theyve dropped their ordnance.  Its good for a quick reverse when you run into an enemy you dont wanna get too close to.  Also, if you hit F, you can still give them other commands afterwards, you dont have to wait for them to return to the ship.

Prolly overexplaining.

[SDIWO]
Members
1,031 posts
5,231 battles

Honestly I wouldn't even play CV right now in the base game. The rework is so different you're better off not trying to learn a system that will be extinct soon enough and also you're better off starting at the bottom of the new system and learning your way up it than starting in say Tier 6 against people who have played the beta and while not going directly against you will probably know the ins and outs of the new system and will be far more influential on the battle and make it a short battle for you.

[ARGSY]
Members
5,709 posts
3,894 battles
8 hours ago, Hatework said:

Tapping the F key should tell your selected squadron to return to ship.  You can hit it at any time in the squardons flight, not just after theyve dropped their ordnance.  Its good for a quick reverse when you run into an enemy you dont wanna get too close to.  Also, if you hit F, you can still give them other commands afterwards, you dont have to wait for them to return to the ship.

Prolly overexplaining.

Not at all - I finally understand how the "reroute your planes home so they can't use them to find the carrier easily" trick works. Not that I will be playing CV very much at all till the rework, but I might go have a bit of fun in co-op in my Langley before things change.

7 hours ago, LubzinNJ said:

Honestly I wouldn't even play CV right now in the base game. The rework is so different you're better off not trying to learn a system that will be extinct soon enough and also you're better off starting at the bottom of the new system and learning your way up it than starting in say Tier 6 against people who have played the beta and while not going directly against you will probably know the ins and outs of the new system and will be far more influential on the battle and make it a short battle for you.

This makes good sense for anyone intending to make carriers a serious thing. 

Sign in to follow this