Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
zanger2000

How to get 5 starts on "Saving Transylvania"

7 comments in this topic

[DOD]
Members
5 posts
1,602 battles

The trick of winning this mission is to know your role: 

If you are destroyer Blade: You need to STAY inside the circle and use torpedoes to zone out any battleship that comes close. Make sure you save at least one smoke at the end when fighting Rasputin. 

If you are battleship Jackal: Your main job is the destroy all catapults on the map. Use you AP shell, they can do a lot of damage to the catapults in one shoot. You can also shoot any battleship that is on fire.

If you are a cruiser Igor: Your main job is the BURN all the battleships on the map. Make sure you get Demolition Expert skill for your commander. Do not keep shooting one ship. Light it on fire and go on to the next target. You can done a lot of damages just by burning the ships. 

Finally: your mission is the protect Transylvania. So leave all the Zikasas that come behind you. I assure that there will be enough Zikasa attacking you from front and sides. Also, remember that Transylvania can stop if the enemy comes inside the circle OR if the majority of the allied ships are OUTSIDE the circle. So don't go too far away. In the end, I hope everyone can get 5 stars on this mission. Good luck.

• Cool 2

Members
4,735 posts
5,464 battles

I find that if you have two or three Blades, you can chain smoke to leave a trail for Transylvannia to hide in, and keep her from taking unnecessary damage from Zikasa secondaries and fires.

It's definitely important that Blades keep the Zikasa's from crossing into the circle. Their torps will put them down quickly.

As for Rasputin at the end, if the Jackals on the team kept up, it might be a good idea for one of them to ram Rasputin. From my experience, if you can get a head-on collision or scrape his side, you can inflict a ton of damage, which is well worth it as he has 200,000 HP. And if allowed, Rasputin will force Transylvannia to stop by entering the circle. Also, good point on the Jackals needing to prioritize the catapults. 3-4 turrets worth of AP will put a catapult down, and Jackal can fire 3 turrets directly forward.

[LOU1]
Members
2,856 posts
7,988 battles

I've read/watched some players say that a CC in the circle will make Transylvania go too fast.  According to them, she will outpace the BBs and get into trouble before the team can eliminate foes.  They suggest the Blades roam just outside of the circle, unless healing.  That leads to one player saying get in the circle and another saying get out of the circle during the battle.

Have you noticed that being an issue?

[LUCK]
Members
1,275 posts
18,992 battles

You want 5 stars? Get to the end and have the ramming signal mounted.

One ram takes 75k from Rasputin with a cruiser. A few more torps and BB salvos and it's done for.

[TXP]
Members
652 posts
10,229 battles

Can you get pink in these battles from your DD torp hitting a team ship accidentally ?

[VVV]
Members
341 posts
2,249 battles
1 hour ago, Ericson38 said:

Can you get pink in these battles from your DD torp hitting a team ship accidentally ?

Nope, its an operation, so team damage is disabled. (Thankfully)

[DPI]
Members
26 posts
On 10/20/2018 at 10:44 PM, ExploratorOne said:

I've read/watched some players say that a CC in the circle will make Transylvania go too fast.  According to them, she will outpace the BBs and get into trouble before the team can eliminate foes.  They suggest the Blades roam just outside of the circle, unless healing.  That leads to one player saying get in the circle and another saying get out of the circle during the battle.

Have you noticed that being an issue?

The more ships there are in the circle the faster Transylvania will go. There is a green bar top center that shows that.... With randoms you usually see half the team in the circle because they want constant repairs, making Transylvania go too fast and eventually there will be too many enemy ships to sink before they reach the circle...  

Sign in to follow this