Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
verkhne

Igor and Transylvania

13 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
256 posts
5,866 battles

The jackal seems to be the go-to ship for this op but Igor seems super important for the "Burn". Havent seen Blades near the top yet but limited games. I screwed up my Igor build with CE! but it doesn't seem to matter. Fire is the name of the game so some repair buffs and SI are key, went with DE because every bit of fire....  

In game the Ziks always seem to heal one fire, so immediately your goal is to get two fires on a favourably angled ship and move on to another target. Always be searching for unlit ships and get them going , lay your shots along Zik hulls whenever possible to get more fires. The Igor really needs to open up its broadsides to get maximum DPM , but you don't seem to get punished much for it. Open up broadsides to your flank and use damage con aggressively, then hope for 3 Jackals and voila 5 stars

[WORX]
Members
1,634 posts
12,682 battles

DDs in this operation are dependent on BBs, They really need to coordinate their smoke wisely to keep the convoy from getting hit.

BBs primary role is to take out the CATs the end role is to RAM Rasputin.

Cruisers are in the middle since they can shot at cats and deal DMG to BBs.

This is one of my Fav seasonal operations. Very fun to play

[SBS]
Members
2,413 posts
2,253 battles
4 hours ago, verkhne said:

Havent seen Blades near the top yet but limited games...

Yeah, the Blade is a waste since the bots now dodge pretty much every torp.  Last year (or maybe it was the first year) they didn't dodge torps at all and you could rack up the damage in the Blade.  This op would be a five star every time out if MM didn't force two DDs on the team.

[0456]
Members
16 posts
1,498 battles

I find my highest damage games were in the cruiser... often breaking 200k. The BB only 150ish for my best.

Members
101 posts
5 battles

I've gotten over 180k with the DD. It being up fron to smoke and torp and Zikasas that get close and Rasputin at the end is super important. I actually feel BBs are the least important other than ramming Ras at the end.

Members
17,763 posts
5,084 battles
1 hour ago, Slimeball91 said:

Yeah, the Blade is a waste since the bots now dodge pretty much every torp.  

You have 2 launchers though. The old rope-a-dope works pretty good, especially from under 5 km.

[FML]
Members
1,629 posts
9,884 battles
1 hour ago, Slimeball91 said:

Yeah, the Blade is a waste since the bots now dodge pretty much every torp.  Last year (or maybe it was the first year) they didn't dodge torps at all and you could rack up the damage in the Blade.  This op would be a five star every time out if MM didn't force two DDs on the team.

But the DDs are essential to rapidly killing the Ziks that spawn near the Trans circle - if they cross that line, you cant get 5 stars.  A dd nearby is the only thing with the alpha to get the job done, as most of the time the Ziks are bow-on to the friendly battleships, making them harder to kill quickly.  

Personally, I've done best in teams with 3 dds.  The Igor cruisers might get high damage, but its mostly fires that take too long to kill the enemy. 

Members
3,408 posts
6,070 battles
1 hour ago, CagedThunder said:

I've gotten over 180k with the DD. It being up fron to smoke and torp and Zikasas that get close and Rasputin at the end is super important. I actually feel BBs are the least important other than ramming Ras at the end.

Heck - the time I got 5 stars we did not even need to ram Rasputin - I was close to it but he got taken out.   With a decent team - ramming is not neede dit seems and it might be from IFHE on the cruisers.

Just got another 5 stars and no ram.

Edited by CylonRed

Members
1,485 posts
659 battles
1 hour ago, UltimateNewbie said:

But the DDs are essential to rapidly killing the Ziks that spawn near the Trans circle - if they cross that line, you cant get 5 stars.  A dd nearby is the only thing with the alpha to get the job done, as most of the time the Ziks are bow-on to the friendly battleships, making them harder to kill quickly.  

Personally, I've done best in teams with 3 dds.  The Igor cruisers might get high damage, but its mostly fires that take too long to kill the enemy. 

I don't think I've played an operation with two DDs yet.  With one you need a really good DD player to live and smoke at the right time.

And not die of course.

[WOLFB]
Members
1,650 posts
8,027 battles

DD are important especially against Rasputine. But it's hard to move around when you're getting focused by all catapult while our BB are dragging their feet at the back because all other DD and CA rushed the circle.

[90THD]
[90THD]
Members
2,735 posts
2,011 battles
3 hours ago, Slimeball91 said:

I think someone said if you deselect the bot as a target before you fire the torpedoes, they doesn't react as much.

[SBS]
Members
2,413 posts
2,253 battles
Just now, Hurlbut said:

I think someone said if you deselect the bot as a target before you fire the torpedoes, they doesn't react as much.

That works reasonably well in co-op and in other ops.  It doesn't seem to work great in this op in my experience.  They must have figured out our trick.

Sign in to follow this