You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

9 comments in this topic

Members
2 posts
8,098 battles

For some time now, I have wanted to report obvious bugs with radar:

1. It's OP
  2. It should be damagable
  3. It magically sees through mountains

Other ways to improve radar play:

1. It shouldn't reveal the location to everyone on your team.  Just those with a new captain perk such as "Advanced Communications"
  2. Ships that fire off radar should be revealed to those DDs or other ships with captains that have Radio Positioning Finder

Honestly, isn't it time we had this discussion about radar being too powerful?  What are DDs supposed to do now?

• Cool 2
  • Bad 3

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,746 posts
11,361 battles

1) It is easily avoided.

2) No other consumable can damaged.

3) Ya, you are right it shouldn't see through mountains, but WeeGee will not be changing it so... get over it.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Members
2 posts
8,098 battles
On 10/20/2018 at 10:59 AM, Kapitan_Wuff said:

1) It is easily avoided.

2) No other consumable can damaged.

3) Ya, you are right it shouldn't see through mountains, but WeeGee will not be changing it so... get over it.

Spare me your lazy intellectual responses and put something substantive. Please tell me how radar can be "easily avoided."   But as other users have noted, if I am beating a dead horse, it means that it is a prevalent concern. Next, as you noted, no other consumable can be damaged. Why is that an argument against a reasonable idea?  It being able to be damaged doesn't mean it isn't a good point.  At least tell me why it wouldn't be rather than telling me that it hasn't been done before.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,746 posts
11,361 battles
2 hours ago, arzergopteryx said:

Spare me your lazy intellectual responses and put something substantive. Please tell me how radar can be "easily avoided."   But as other users have noted, if I am beating a dead horse, it means that it is a prevalent concern. Next, as you noted, no other consumable can be damaged. Why is that an argument against a reasonable idea?  It being able to be damaged doesn't mean it isn't a good point.  At least tell me why it wouldn't be rather than telling me that it hasn't been done before.

Know what ships have radar, their range, it's duration and cooldown.

Maintain situational awareness on the location of radar ships, if one or more radar ships are yet unaccounted for then be extra cautious when approaching caps or other dangerous spots. When I load into a map first thing I do is look at the team list so I know what threats there are that I need to be aware of.

Don't use lazy tactics like sitting in smoke, try to ensure you have hardcover to wait out the radars (short) duration.

Use smoke to bait enemy radar, once they waste it you can then move back it.  You can also try hitting the edge of the cap to bait cruisers into wasting their radar charge if you have a good escape route, obviously, that isn't gonna work for every map/cap.

Radar is a potentially powerful tool but it has many limitations that can be used to mitigate their effect in a match. Adapt to the changing meta and develop new tactics, if you don't then your always going to be losing and crying about it on the forums.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,240 posts
8,815 battles
4 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

Know what ships have radar, their range, it's duration and cooldown.

Maintain situational awareness on the location of radar ships, if one or more radar ships are yet unaccounted for then be extra cautious when approaching caps or other dangerous spots. When I load into a map first thing I do is look at the team list so I know what threats there are that I need to be aware of.

Don't use lazy tactics like sitting in smoke, try to ensure you have hardcover to wait out the radars (short) duration.

Use smoke to bait enemy radar, once they waste it you can then move back it.  You can also try hitting the edge of the cap to bait cruisers into wasting their radar charge if you have a good escape route, obviously, that isn't gonna work for every map/cap.

Radar is a potentially powerful tool but it has many limitations that can be used to mitigate their effect in a match. Adapt to the changing meta and develop new tactics, if you don't then your always going to be losing and crying about it on the forums.

You forgot to mention that with a few exceptions the detection range of radar ships exceeds their radar range which a smart DD player will use to their advantage.