Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Your_Ship_Is_On_Fire

Daring is a lesser Minotaur

9 comments in this topic

Members
451 posts
7,842 battles

That's pretty much it. There is really no reason to play the Daring. Side by side the only thing the Daring has on the Mino is detection and slightly faster top speed. Literally everything else is superior on the Mino. Smoke has longer duration, AP is higher caliber and more numerous shells. Torp angles are better and do more damage. Mino has a better heal. Mino has longer range hydro. 

Whats the point of the Daring when its an improved AP spammer? A better solution called Minotaur already exists.

Thanks WG

Edited by Your_Ship_Is_On_Fire

Members
133 posts
6,191 battles
3 minutes ago, Your_Ship_Is_On_Fire said:

That's pretty much it. There is really no reason to play the Daring. Side by side the only thing the Daring has on the Mino is detection and slightly faster top speed. Literally everything else is superior on the Mino. Smoke has longer duration, AP is higher caliber and more numerous shells. Torp angles are better and do more damage. Mino has a better heal. Mino has longer range hydro. 

Whats the point of the Daring when its an improved AP spammer? A better solution called Minotaur already exists.

Thanks WG

The fact that you have HE and much lower detection would be two big factors as to choosing Daring over Minotaur.  Mino AP just doesn't bother me at all when I'm playing cruisers, but I've had a Daring slowly but surely melt me with HE with her insanely high ROF.

[ARGSY]
Members
5,794 posts
3,966 battles
2 minutes ago, Schindlers_Stink_Fist said:

No citadel, better maneuverability, HE spam, smaller target?

Immunity to deepwater torpedoes also comes to mind. You still have to watch out for Lo Yangs, but you can laugh at the torp spreads of every other Pan-Asian destroyer you will ever face and also the Asashio.

[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,724 posts
4,523 battles

New flavor of the month. 

Does Daring have Radar?

Members
451 posts
7,842 battles
3 hours ago, RenamedUser_1001278837 said:

The fact that you have HE and much lower detection would be two big factors as to choosing Daring over Minotaur.  Mino AP just doesn't bother me at all when I'm playing cruisers, but I've had a Daring slowly but surely melt me with HE with her insanely high ROF.

Much lower as in fully skilled 6KM. LOLOL

Members
426 posts
6,213 battles
1 hour ago, whyme69 said:

No but everything else.

Exactly this; ran into one already sitting in a cap last night with Udaloi - by the time I'd begun evading and pumped out (22) rounds and (13) hits for eight kay I'd taken (37) hits for eighteen kay and an almost two kay fire.

I got no fires on it, and had even incapacitated a turret.

Very balanced.

[DENY]
Members
296 posts
4,412 battles

They are totally different ship , ever got caught out of smoke in a mino ? You don't live long , 

Daring wreck any other DD , it a DD hunter , 

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this