Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Markk9

Emile Bertin in ranked

10 comments in this topic

[13CLM]
Members
202 posts
1,107 battles

I played the Texas, Murmansk and Okt Revm with really no good luck. I thought what the hell, I'm leveling the French cruise line, I'm at T5, give the ship a go. So, far I have been doing well with her, I hunt DD's and then flank the BB's and burn them down.

[-1]
Beta Testers
1,794 posts
18,662 battles

It's against the rules to spill the beans  

• Funny 1

[STW-N]
Members
219 posts
7,619 battles

The entire catalog of french cruisers is wonderful brohans that's for sure

• Bad 2

[BIAS]
Members
2,991 posts
8,969 battles
1 hour ago, Pytheas said:

The entire catalog of french cruisers is wonderful brohans that's for sure

Well pooky, I am partial to the konigsberg at t5 and didn't find the La gal, Algeria and Saint Louis to be anything great. 

[AR]
[AR]
Members
310 posts
11,609 battles

I use EB, it is probably tie for the best cruiser overall at T5 with Murmansk IMO. Most people don't understand the strengths of the French cruisers and play them as if they are in a IJN or German cruiser.

When you slap on Sierra Mike flag, this bully of a cruiser cruises around at 41 knots, easily chases down those pesky Fujin siblings. The AA is amazing for it's tier and troublesome with the 2x catapult fighters.

When equipped with DE + both fire signals + IFHE will make this cruisers a force to reckon with. Especially to those few ships of the tier with armor plates thicker then 25mm. Base pen of it's HE is 24mm and IFHE brings it up to 32mm.

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,249 battles
37 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

Well pooky, I am partial to the konigsberg at t5 and didn't find the La gal, Algeria and Saint Louis to be anything great. 

I actually liked the Algerie quite a lot.  The La Gal was nothing special.  And I don't really remember the StL all that well.  I don't remember disliking her, but I don't remember thinking that she was all that special either.

I loved the K-berg, but like all of the German AXY layout cruisers, I think that they make for poor DD hunters but good kiters.  Not having 2 out of the 3 turrets be up front makes running down DDs bow-on (for torps avoidance) less effective, and forces you to open up your side to the DD to get more guns on target, which in turn makes you more vulnerable to that DD's torps, if you're in torp range, of course.

[WOLF3]
Members
5,862 posts
2,191 battles

I'm gonna take the plunge and try this mini-Ranked thing.  EB, huh?  Thanks. 

[-BMV-]
Members
177 posts
13,229 battles

Ëmile Bertin.... i have seen a few of them in Ranked with my GC. That thing is surprisingly sturdy, because of her almost none-existing armor I had a lot of overpens when firing at them, especially when broadside. It takes quite a while to sink them. It's actually funny, light cruiser and all, this thing can take quite a beating because most BBs rounds will overpen the damn thing for minimal damage and has the speed to run very fast. I always liked the French Cruiser line, i find them very fun.

Edited by Sidelock

[RUST]
Beta Testers
928 posts
10,335 battles
20 minutes ago, Crucis said:

I loved the K-berg, but like all of the German AXY layout cruisers, I think that they make for poor DD hunters but good kiters.  Not having 2 out of the 3 turrets be up front makes running down DDs bow-on (for torps avoidance) less effective, and forces you to open up your side to the DD to get more guns on target, which in turn makes you more vulnerable to that DD's torps, if you're in torp range, of course.

You want to kite for the most part at the beginning of the match anyways so there are some advantages to having an AXY layout. When it's time for pushing a DD, you shouldn't have BBs aiming at you anyways so you have much more freedom to angle and use your XY turrets and the 360 turrets on the Koingsberg negates any serious issues of not having one more of your turrets up front. If you are running down a DD you should have Hydro on so you shouldn't get torped unless you completely fumbled  on maneuvering your own ship. 

Sign in to follow this