You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
STINKWEED_

complaint about MM [edited]

79 comments in this topic

Members
1,547 posts
9,804 battles

I just spent close to 6 minutes in my T10 BB (not camping, moving around) being spammed by 3-4 CAs and DDs that I couldn't see. This is now become so stupid as it's happening too often.  

My team's DD's won't spot because they are afraid of radar and so I can go most of a battle just being pelted non stop with nothing to shoot back at. It never used to be like this but guess what?  it keeps getting worse with each update. WG keeps adding ships and DDs that can spit out shells with 2.5s reload (maybe less). Think about this.....   do you really think that in real life any ship was able to shoot without running out of ammo?
If a ship had auto reload the cartridges would run out and it would take more than 2.5 seconds to reload those cartridges.

This game seems to be evolving in such a way that it's no longer about historical ships. How is it that I can get 9 battles in a row with DDs on my team that won't cap or spot while the other team does so? How is it that the other team stats are so much better than my team that I can predict getting rolled before it happens? 

It was fun before they started adding the stupid elements to this game in order to attract kids to play it. WG should understand that these gimmicks become tiring and the reason so many left WOT. The kids don't have credit cards. 

Many I've spoken feel the same way. The game is at the point of being a super arcade game and that is what's getting boring. Predictable MM where you get significantly worse teams where you lose the same way 8-10 battles in a row. Battles where there is so much smoke that you don't see an enemy ship for 3+ minutes. Battles where half the enemy ships are invisible, hiding behind islands and spamming you to death.

What other games are out there?   time to move on

• Cool 23
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 7
  • Bad 9

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,765 posts
1,320 battles
7 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

I just spent close to 6 minutes in my T10 BB (not camping, moving around) being spammed by 3-4 CAs and DDs that I couldn't see. This is now become so stupid as it's happening too often.  

My team's DD's won't spot because they are afraid of radar and so I can go most of a battle just being pelted non stop with nothing to shoot back at. It never used to be like this but guess what?  it keeps getting worse with each update. WG keeps adding ships and DDs that can spit out shells with 2.5s reload (maybe less). Think about this.....   do you really think that in real life any ship was able to shoot without running out of ammo?
If a ship had auto reload the cartridges would run out and it would take more than 2.5 seconds to reload those cartridges.

This game seems to be evolving in such a way that it's no longer about historical ships. How is it that I can get 9 battles in a row with DDs on my team that won't cap or spot while the other team does so? How is it that the other team stats are so much better than my team that I can predict getting rolled before it happens? 

It was fun before they started adding the stupid elements to this game in order to attract kids to play it. WG should understand that these gimmicks become tiring and the reason so many left WOT. The kids don't have credit cards. 

Many I've spoken feel the same way. The game is at the point of being a super arcade game and that is what's getting boring. Predictable MM where you get significantly worse teams where you lose the same way 8-10 battles in a row. Battles where there is so much smoke that you don't see an enemy ship for 3+ minutes. Battles where half the enemy ships are invisible, hiding behind islands and spamming you to death.

Send us your doubloons, and any ships I don't already have.  Have a nice time.  Games change.  If you're not having fun anymore, find a new one.

I'm the customer.  I can play what is offered, or not.  I don't own the game company.  So, if I don't like what they offer, I play something else.

Edited by mavfin87
  • Boring 4

Members
1,234 posts
20,591 battles
2 minutes ago, Schindlers_Stink_Fist said:

You could play Barbie Horse Adventures.

Does it have botes?

• Funny 1

Members
756 posts
15,482 battles

I understand.... was in the same situation with my Amagi. I can tell you, though, the aggravation with this game is inversely proportional to the amount of money you spend on it. Cease paying anything for anything - not even a buck for a T2 DD - and you'll find WG's deafness and dumbness are far more tolerable.

Edited by theLaalaa
  • Cool 3
  • Bad 1

Members
2,430 posts
12,163 battles

Trust me, its mind numbing at times, our Mino opens fire on 2 bbs at 10k away with no smoke or structure to hide behind, our Iowa opens a full broadside at 7k from a yamato rather than just ramming him for the win. Haze Grey and Always Arguing was there, he can back my claims. Its mind numbing at times...but...

See the source image

• Cool 1

Members
14 posts
1,595 battles

WG has a spotting system as part of their core game philosophy, and if you don't like it I think it is totally fair and makes sense to move on.  Tier 10 BBs are in a weird place.  Frankly you have massive HP when you compare actual AC, armor and repair consumables.  You have massive fire power that can quickly devastate a ship.  Yet to balance this you spend a lot of games being set on fire, torp'd, etc.  You could literarally fire twice in a minute for very little damage while your opponent sets you on fire and sends a stream of damage your way.  Then 90s later with 75% of your health gone you can get lucky (or skillfully), citadel your opponent, sink them and then heal back up.  Or you didn't get lucky and you spent 2-3min of your life in suckage.  

I think this is balanced gameplay but I don't personally think it is that fun of gameplay.  

Edited by Uetur

[ARGSY]
Members
5,738 posts
3,912 battles
17 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

The game is at the point of being a super arcade game 

This game was never supposed to be a simulator.  And nobody ever said you were obliged to play at Tier 10 constantly. Go chill in Tier 1 randoms, where all the ships have more or less the same weapons, there are no gimmicks of any kind that aren't between your ears, and damn near everyone you face has more ship XP than God.

Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles

You're focusing on the weaknesses of your allies, and the strengths of your enemies. Of course it's going to seem like your enemies are stronger. Be fair to your teammates, buddy.

• Cool 2

Members
1,547 posts
9,804 battles
9 minutes ago, APA_204 said:

Trust me, its mind numbing at times, our Mino opens fire on 2 bbs at 10k away with no smoke or structure to hide behind, our Iowa opens a full broadside at 7k from a yamato rather than just ramming him for the win. Haze Grey and Always Arguing was there, he can back my claims. Its mind numbing at times...but...

See the source image

The difference between winning in losing in T8-10 battles these days is your DDs. If you have good DD players  they will move out and spot so that your 4-5 cruisers and new DDs can sit hidden behind islands and spam ships to death. 

There's no fun or balance when your battleship is being spammed by multiple enemyships that you cannot see and cannot fire back. In a BB by the time you try to get out of range yo are sunk.   Do that a few battles in a row and it becomes stupid. 

Edited by STINKWEED_
  • Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[NG-NL]
Members
4,955 posts
8,094 battles

I've found the getting spammed by invisible enemies depends on your positioning.

If you're within 12km of their DDs, yes, that's about when my MO/GK/Yamato/Montana/Lion expect HE fire. That's why I am wary of committing to any cap in DD--want to know the odds before charging in. Doesn't always work (been jumped before by half the reds before know what's happening), but saved me a lot of frustration.

Members
1,547 posts
9,804 battles
3 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

This game was never supposed to be a simulator.  And nobody ever said you were obliged to play at Tier 10 constantly. Go chill in Tier 1 randoms, where all the ships have more or less the same weapons, there are no gimmicks of any kind that aren't between your ears, and damn near everyone you face has more ship XP than God.

I have to disagree. Tier 8 MM has you in Tier 10 battles 8/10 times. I do play tier 5-7 but what's the point of grinding ships to tiers 10 when its a roll of the dice instead an even match?

• Cool 1

Members
1,547 posts
9,804 battles
1 minute ago, Reymu said:

I've found the getting spammed by invisible enemies depends on your positioning.

If you're within 12km of their DDs, yes, that's about when my MO/GK/Yamato/Montana/Lion expect HE fire. That's why I am wary of committing to any cap in DD--want to know the odds before charging in. Doesn't always work (been jumped before by half the reds before know what's happening), but saved me a lot of frustration.

I know this and you are wrong. I stay out of the 12 km range. As yo can see I'm not a bad BB player. I know these things. My point is that winning or losing often depends on who's DDs are spotting. If your team isn't spotting you have nothing to shoot at. If their team is spotting you are being spammed much further than 12 km away by invisible ships. 

Members
1,547 posts
9,804 battles
2 minutes ago, mr_angry_eyes said:

Adapt or die.

Says the guy with 2900 battles

• Funny 2
  • Bad 1

[ARGSY]
Members
5,738 posts
3,912 battles
1 minute ago, STINKWEED_ said:

I have to disagree. Tier 8 MM has you in Tier 10 battles 8/10 times. I do play tier 5-7 but what's the point of grinding ships to tiers 10 when its a roll of the dice instead an even match?

It depends on what sort of T10 match I get thrown into in my T8 ship. If I'm one of four, I don't mind; being the only T8 makes things very rough indeed, and unless the T10's on the other side are derping hard I know I'm almost certainly in for a short game, regardless of who wins. Eh, ship happens.

Sometimes you are the ABDA commanders and sometimes the Japanese. Sometimes you are the Glowworm or the Rawalpindi, and sometimes you are the Hipper. War is full of unbalanced fights in which one side was doomed from the start; at least here we get to load up and sail back into battle with our actual human bodies untouched.

• Cool 1

Members
280 posts
5,022 battles
On 10/20/2018 at 7:47 PM, STINKWEED_ said:

Stop playing bbs and play a different class then.

You want historical ships? Stop playing montana, high tier German bb, french bb, Russian ships, kitakaze / harugumo, etc etc and just play US DD and cruiser, cv, and ijn dd and mid tier cruisers.

[edited]

• Bad 2

Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles
1 minute ago, mr_angry_eyes said:

Adapt or die.

Adapt or leave, more like it. The ones who don't adapt either eventually leave out of frustration or dissatisfaction, or decide the game has reached the point where it's either much less fun or no fun at all.

• Cool 2

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,410 posts
3,410 battles
27 minutes ago, Schindlers_Stink_Fist said:

You could play Barbie Horse Adventures.

Hey. HEY. That crap was a lot more fun than you'd expect; especially when playing with your 8 yr old cousin who didn't know how to use a computer back then. Who knew object finding games were so much fun with family?

Edited by YamatoA150

Members
1,547 posts
9,804 battles
1 minute ago, Hiroe said:

Adapt or leave, more like it. The ones who don't adapt either eventually leave out of frustration or dissatisfaction, or decide the game has reached the point where it's either much less fun or no fun at all.

Perhaps you should look at someone's profile, ships and stats before making dumb comments. 

• Cool 2
  • Bad 2

Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles
Just now, STINKWEED_ said:

Perhaps you should look at someone's profile, ships and stats before making dumb comments. 

What are you even talking about? Did you misquote me? Did you even read the second part of the second sentence?

Beta Testers
2,817 posts
3,945 battles
1 minute ago, YamatoA150 said:

Hey. HEY. That crapwas a lot more fun than you'd expect; especially when playing with your 10 yr old cousin who didn't know how to use a computer back then. Who knew object finding games were so much fun with family?

please go back in time and play mario kart 64 or mario party with your cousin.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Angry 1

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,765 posts
1,320 battles
3 minutes ago, Hiroe said:

What are you even talking about? Did you misquote me? Did you even read the second part of the second sentence?

He just thinks that because the game has moved on past where he likes it, that it should be changed for him in particular.  Game companies don't work that way. Play what you enjoy.  If you're not enjoying it, why are you playing it?  That makes no sense!

(However, I see it all the time in many games, people too emotionally invested in a game to let go gracefully when the game changes...)

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
766 posts
5,849 battles
14 minutes ago, YamatoA150 said:

Hey. HEY. That crap was a lot more fun than you'd expect; especially when playing with your 8 yr old cousin who didn't know how to use a computer back then. Who knew object finding games were so much fun with family?

No argument from me! I have kids. Hahaha

• Cool 1