You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ObnoxiousPotato

Finally got annoyed enough to...

14 comments in this topic

[SALVO]
Members
146 posts
11,805 battles

Finally got annoyed enough to take the time to make a request for a change to the Game Client UI regarding how signals are mounted and dismounted.

It seems as though the "WoWs Game Client User Interface" (UI) communicates with one or more servers each time a signal is mounted or demounted (dismounted).   This appears to cause the time for switching from an "economy signal configuration" to a "performance/combat signal configuration" to be much longer than is necessary.

For me, it takes ~30 seconds to "demount" 8 signals, and about the same (edited) a amount of time to mount 8 signals -- or about one minute to switch configurations (on a good day).

I'm thinking that is approximately ten times longer than it should be.

If at all possible, please consider the following changes to the UI's signal mounting/demounting mechanics:

1. Provide a "demount all signals" button (or popup menu option/action) -- this may not be needed if the following changes are implemented.
  2. Allow signals to be "selected for mounting" and "unselected for demounting".
  3. Provide an "apply changes" button.  This would allow any "final checks with the back-end database server" to be performed in essentially one transaction.

Thank you for your consideration!

Edited by ObnoxiousPotato
  • Cool 6

[CK5]
Members
782 posts
6,253 battles

I wouldn't say I spend much time fiddling with signals, but the suggestion is a good one.  

[EQRN]
Members
311 posts
8,672 battles

I’m down for “Demount All”

Or have check boxes next to each signal and an “apply” button so you could make multiple mounts/demounts with one button.  

Bottom line though, the port GUI is way too sluggish in every regard, not just signals.  I read somewhere that WG doesn’t lock fps while in port, so your graphics card is running hog wild, not sure how accurate that is, but would be nice to WG to look at.

Edited by FrodoFraggin

[HINON]
Supertester
18,966 posts
12,487 battles

I'm for it.

Members
2,459 posts
12,213 battles

On that note, the option to use in game currency to resupply consumables for all ships. I can't count how many doubloons I have squirreled away down the drain by some how having that option selected vs using silver. I realize it's a little money maker for WG. but it is really frustrating to see your doubloons stack depleted.

Additionally, when we run out of a flag, please don't automatically start using our doubloons to buy them...

[INTEL]
Members
583 posts
7,358 battles

I’d like that as well. To extend it a bit I’d like a Default set of signals for each ship. Or, if I do a Demount All, there is a Mount All button that restores the last set I had mounted or the Default set I stored. 

[TBW]
Members
6,351 posts
11,894 battles
24 minutes ago, ObnoxiousPotato said:

Provide an "apply changes" button.  This would allow any "final checks with the back-end database server" to be performed in essentially one transaction.

Sounds good and let's get #3 for when resetting Captains skills.

• Cool 1

[HYDRO]
Members
1,330 posts
3,669 battles

Agreed, there are various small Qol changes that could be done like the demount all option. Another is also how the inventory and the Arsenal as well are in fact browser pages, thats why they have delays.

Edited by warheart1992

[INTEL]
Members
8,452 posts
25,345 battles
17 hours ago, ObnoxiousPotato said:

Finally got annoyed enough to take the time to make a request for a change to the Game Client UI regarding how signals are mounted and dismounted.

It seems as though the "WoWs Game Client User Interface" (UI) communicates with one or more servers each time a signal is mounted or demounted (dismounted).   This appears to cause the time for switching from an "economy signal configuration" to a "performance/combat signal configuration" to be much longer than is necessary.

For me, it takes ~30 seconds to "demount" 8 signals, and about the same (edited) a amount of time to mount 8 signals -- or about one minute to switch configurations (on a good day).

I'm thinking that is approximately ten times longer than it should be.

If at all possible, please consider the following changes to the UI's signal mounting/demounting mechanics:

1. Provide a "demount all signals" button (or popup menu option/action) -- this may not be needed if the following changes are implemented.
  2. Allow signals to be "selected for mounting" and "unselected for demounting".
  3. Provide an "apply changes" button.  This would allow any "final checks with the back-end database server" to be performed in essentially one transaction.

Thank you for your consideration!

Good luck! I've been asking for this simple change for three years. 

But at least we have emblems...

[NG-NL]
Members
4,964 posts
8,109 battles

I'm not sure it matters, the flags are digital investments. It'd make more sense to put in the effort.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,218 posts
8,804 battles
1 hour ago, FrodoFraggin said:

I’m down for “Demount All”

Or have check boxes next to each signal and an “apply” button so you could make multiple mounts/demounts with one button.  

Bottom line though, the port GUI is way too sluggish in every regard, not just signals.  I read somewhere that WG doesn’t lock fps while in port, so your graphics card is running hog wild, not sure how accurate that is, but would be nice to WG to look at.

I have been suggesting a check box since they came into the game, click, click, click, ... mount/demount

[LOU1]
Members
2,895 posts
8,004 battles

Interestingly, this is one of the very few almost daily (it seems) new thread topics that never gets a meme.  Might mean it is a good suggestion...

Members
1,246 posts
20,656 battles

Yea it is annoying switching for the XP, credit, captain XP signals you want for different tasks.  Would make things a lot quicker.