You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Walclt

Targeted by aircraft carriers

10 comments in this topic

[TSG4C]
[TSG4C]
Members
29 posts
10,376 battles

Why is it that whenever I play and there is an aircraft carrier in the game they target me?  Doesn't matter what cruiser I play  Co-op or random you can bet their planes will start out after me.

Beta Testers
1,011 posts
13,555 battles

Are you the first in to battle? Maybe the first target they spot? Are you sailing off alone?:fish_haloween:

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
270 posts
8,949 battles

Because you only notice (and therefore remember) the enemy CV's attack when it's attacking you.

BB yelling for fighter cover on the other side of the map?  You're not going to notice, because you're busy trying to splatter that DD before it gets away.  Friendly CV locked in a swirl of fighter duels in the center?  You're not going to notice, because you're MUCH more worried about the enemy BB currently flinging AP at you.  But when the enemy CV drops a bomb on you, it's "Oh yeah, there's aircraft carriers in this match, dammit why do they always target me?".

• Cool 2

Members
2,393 posts
5,421 battles
7 minutes ago, Walclt said:

Why is it that whenever I play and there is an aircraft carrier in the game they target me?  Doesn't matter what cruiser I play  Co-op or random you can bet their planes will start out after me.

Many times its because you are yoloing and by yourself. You create your own circumstance by creating a target by your mere position. When the game starts stick with ships which have AA and see how your team deploy and stick yourself within a group till you can see almost all of the enemy ships spotted. Then choose carefully your plan of attack and the risks involved with what you know. Also if you see enemy planes coming toward you ...start turning toward friendlies and their AA umbrella to help you.   Remember when your out there front row center..the enemy cannot avoid seeing you and going after you.

[WOLFB]
Members
2,579 posts
4,948 battles

Do you play Tanks? If you do do you have the same issue with Arty?

[O_O]
Members
4,333 posts
9,274 battles
24 minutes ago, SgtSpud said:

Are you the first in to battle? Maybe the first target they spot? Are you sailing off alone?:fish_haloween:

^  This...

23 minutes ago, DeMatt said:

Because you only notice (and therefore remember) the enemy CV's attack when it's attacking you.

^ ...and this.

[FAILD]
Members
427 posts
1,579 battles
2 hours ago, Walclt said:

What tier are you playing and what nation? Some cruisers are easier targets then others. My Hipper is a harder target to kill and more leathal to his planes then other cruisers of the same tier. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,135 posts
8,749 battles

If a CV in randoms is focusing you it is because you are making yourself an easy target. The bot CV's in co-op though are harder to figure out and some times they will focus on one ship even ignoring the ones shooting at it.

• Cool 1

Members
1,922 posts
3,181 battles
On 10/20/2018 at 9:01 AM, BrushWolf said:

If a CV in randoms is focusing you it is because you are making yourself an easy target. 

This.

I promise you, no decent CV player is going to go after a cruiser (or a destroyer for that matter) as their very first target unless you are the #1 best target available. Even then, many CV players will hold off if it looks like they'll get a better strike elsewhere soon. 

• Cool 1