You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
lungiwear

A fitting end to Ranked Sprint

69 comments in this topic

[TRG]
Members
137 posts
2,589 battles

I ranked out in Ranked Sprint and it took me 29 battles. Had some really good battles in my GC which I used for most of my battles. I messed around with the Bogue and found out I wasn't able to influence the game too much, so I stuck with GC. Had fun in this ranked season and good job to WG for coming up with tier 5 ranked.

This is a screenshot of my last battle I played to rank out. Bagged 5 kills out of the total 6. A fitting end to the ranked sprint season 1. I loved this. Yes my damage isn't insane, but my team played well and we had flanking fire on them, which is why their team crumbled. Kudos to my team for being good players too. Well played to the other team, unfortunately they were tactically outmatched.

shot-18.10.20_05.54.39-0734.jpg

shot-18.10.20_05.54.45-0894.jpg

• Cool 5

Beta Testers
2,858 posts
4,095 battles

don't you feel bad for clubbing new players?it's bullying.

• Bad 1

[TRG]
Members
137 posts
2,589 battles
16 minutes ago, Cruxdei said:

don't you feel bad for clubbing new players?it's bullying.

Well to be fair I only had an 11 point commander on the GC lol, also I am a potato too :D

[ARGSY]
Members
5,868 posts
4,001 battles

Bullying? No. Even the new players should know Ranked is something special, and you have to bring your A game or die quickly. You CHOOSE to be in that particular arena, and you get what's coming to you.

• Cool 3

[ARRGG]
Members
4,681 posts
7,503 battles
1 hour ago, lungiwear said:

I ranked out in Ranked Sprint and it took me 29 battles. Had some really good battles in my GC which I used for most of my battles. I messed around with the Bogue and found out I wasn't able to influence the game too much, so I stuck with GC. Had fun in this ranked season and good job to WG for coming up with tier 5 ranked.

This is a screenshot of my last battle I played to rank out. Bagged 5 kills out of the total 6. A fitting end to the ranked sprint season 1. I loved this. Yes my damage isn't insane, but my team played well and we had flanking fire on them, which is why their team crumbled. Kudos to my team for being good players too. Well played to the other team, unfortunately they were tactically outmatched.

shot-18.10.20_05.54.39-0734.jpg

shot-18.10.20_05.54.45-0894.jpg

Congrats! 

This is a fun Ranked 7 on 7 same tier battles ... nicely done ! Having a good time playing:Smile_child:V in Murmansk 

• Cool 1

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
1,923 posts
3,315 battles
3 minutes ago, HMCS_Devilfish said:

Congrats! 

This is a fun Ranked 7 on 7 same tier battles ... nicely done ! Having a good time playing:Smile_child:V in Murmansk 

6v6 not 7v7... next sprint season will be 8v8.

As for the OP, well done. I haven't played Sprint yet. planning on doing that today when I get the chance, though I don't have "OP Premiums" to play around in. Only premiums I have of tier 5 is the Death Canoe, and Marblehead.

[ARRGG]
Members
4,681 posts
7,503 battles
21 minutes ago, Counter_Gambit said:

As for the OP, well done. I haven't played Sprint yet. planning on doing that today when I get the chance, though I don't have "OP Premiums" to play around in. Only premiums I have of tier 5 is the Death Canoe, and Marblehead.

Yes I can’t count, you don’t need OP , Marblehead like Murmansk will do just fine

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
1,923 posts
3,315 battles
1 minute ago, HMCS_Devilfish said:

Yes I can’t count, you don’t need OP , Marblehead like Murmansk will do just fine

That's why I put the "op premiums" in quotation. Yes, some ships' stats are better than others, and in some cases skewed in their favor, but a ship is only as OP as the person who plays it. Death Canoe (Okhotnik), is most certainly going to get some action, and maybe the Marblehead, though I am not comfortable playing Marblehead just yet.

• Funny 1

[O_O]
Members
787 posts
4,736 battles
46 minutes ago, Counter_Gambit said:

Death Canoe (Okhotnik)

Stalin's War Canoe?  Oh yes.  I am familiar with this.

-R

Members
2,459 posts
12,213 battles
On 10/20/2018 at 2:07 PM, lungiwear said:

. A fitting end to the ranked sprint season 1. I loved this. 

The key takeaway.....

On 10/20/2018 at 4:08 PM, HMCS_Devilfish said:

Congrats! 

Nice

• Cool 1

[ARRGG]
Members
4,681 posts
7,503 battles
2 hours ago, Counter_Gambit said:

That's why I put the "op premiums" in quotation. Yes, some ships' stats are better than others, and in some cases skewed in their favor, but a ship is only as OP as the person who plays it. Death Canoe (Okhotnik), is most certainly going to get some action, and maybe the Marblehead, though I am not comfortable playing Marblehead just yet.

The Marblehead like Murmansks strongpoint is best rudder shift for Cruisers allowing you to avoid shots at range , unfortunately this ranked scenario more often than not leads to close quarter fighting and the fragility of this class becomes readily apparent however Murmansk is my favorite ship to play so I have fun playing it

also have the Death Canoe .... one fun boat

[TRG]
Members
137 posts
2,589 battles
2 hours ago, Counter_Gambit said:

yeah you should definitely try the sprint. gives you something else than tier 10's which is quite refreshing.  And I dont think of ships as OP imo, every ship has its weaknesses and powers. The GC boasts amazing guns and speed, but its armour is a little bit 'meh', if you dont angle properly, then you will get hit for 6-9k salvos, and if you show broadside then its almost a citadel (that also depends on the player thats shooting you lol). but as long as a player understands the ship that is being played, then every ship is OP in that captains hands.

1 hour ago, APA_204 said:

The key takeaway.....

Well lets be honest, who doesn't love coming down to tier 5 and having some "fun" lol. It was quite refreshing for me after all the tier 10 seasons, this was a pleasant break from all that all of you should try it.

• Cool 1

[TRG]
Members
137 posts
2,589 battles
7 minutes ago, HMCS_Devilfish said:

The Marblehead like Murmansks strongpoint is best rudder shift for Cruisers allowing you to avoid shots at range , unfortunately this ranked scenario more often than not leads to close quarter fighting and the fragility of this class becomes readily apparent however Murmansk is my favorite ship to play so I have fun playing it

Yes that is true. At this tier, the maps are small, so most of the engagements happen below 15km. if you get ambushed, then the fight is even below 7km or 5km. at that range BB shells are very accurate and capable of dev striking. cruisers do need to play cautiously a 1 mistake will see them in Davy Jones locker

[WOLF6]
Members
1,857 posts
4,846 battles

I only played 3 games last night. Are all tiers irrevocable?

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
1,923 posts
3,315 battles
2 hours ago, HMCS_Devilfish said:

I didn't bother taking CE on the commander. Instead AFT, which has turned out well for me. She is a fun boat, that follows the TF2 Engineer creed: If gun don't work, use more gun.

[WOLF6]
Members
1,857 posts
4,846 battles
On 10/20/2018 at 7:40 PM, CagedThunder said:

[violation hidden]

You don’t need a premium. Nicolas works, as does the Pan Asian. Or the German Cruiser. Unless you suck, they work just fine. If you do suck, a great bote is no help. 

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

[HEROS]
Members
1,410 posts
11,846 battles

It's tier V guys..the ship doesn't matter.  The player is what matters.  None of the ships are op.. not a single one.. they can ALL die from enemy fire and quickly.  Oct Rev.  Premium tier V.. good AA for the tier.. but a CV can still erase you with one torp drop.  Good guns, but not the longest range.. weak deck armor very susceptible  to plunging fire.  Murmansk..Cruiser better guns then its american cousin.. marginally better..still cruiser armor.. same armor.  

At this tier the difference between premiums and tech tree is premium earn better money, and earn free XP.  How well they do depends on YOU.

To do well in ranked sprint takes brains, and guts.  Everyone fights.  NO bench warmers and no excuses.  Especially at tier V.  Even the newbs can do well.  And I expect to see some newbs make rank one. 

To CagedThunder... That a strong very evocative handle handle you took as your user name, you need to live up to it.   And honestly you need to not make excuses.  Do or do not.  It's that simple.  You said yourself the ranked sprint was "specifically designed to cater to players of your profile" and yet you whine that the premium ships are OP. and you wont play because you can't get those ships.  What you missing is the premiums are SHELL MAGENETS.. everyone shoot s at them first!

The ships I'm doing best in are the IJN Cruiser Furutaka . and Acasta the Brit DD which I only have a 12 point captain on. Not premiums.  

This is only a game.. and your being afraid of it and making excuses not to do sprint just really sounds weak. Get over it, get out there and fight.  Be encouraged.  Heart and passion count more then the ship. 

best of luck and dont hold back 

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
Members
6,050 posts
2,213 battles

Anyone tried Texas with a borrowed high-point commander?

[WOLF6]
Members
1,857 posts
4,846 battles
On 10/20/2018 at 10:38 PM, CagedThunder said:

[violation hidden]

Well 2 whole games in a T1 doesn't give you a whole lot of room for bragging, in any event.

Check my Solo WR in DDs. WTR and PR are pretty meaningless for a DD main. 

But to your point: You want what you want when you want it. Got it. The thing is, others play this mode just fine without the premium ships you've been so unfairly denied. This is one of those instances where the problem is between your butt and the keyboard.

"WG's inability to sell ships I DEMAND!"

**snickers**

• Bad 1

[FML]
Members
1,637 posts
9,912 battles
On 10/20/2018 at 7:40 PM, CagedThunder said:

[violation hidden]

I thought the same initially - that the Kami was just going to run over everything.  However, I am currently at Rank 5 and I’ve yet to see truly good Kami play - indeed, most of them have been trash, perhaps because they assumed they hit the I Win button and are shocked when it doesn’t pay off and they have to work at it. So far, most deadly ship I’ve seen is the Gremyashy - two players have got krakens with them - but stats-wise the New York seems to be doing very well - better than GC!

[WOLF6]
Members
1,857 posts
4,846 battles
1 minute ago, UltimateNewbie said:

I thought the same initially - that the Kami was just going to run over everything.  However, I am currently at Rank 5 and I’ve yet to see truly good Kami play - indeed, most of them have been trash, perhaps because they assumed they hit the I Win button and are shocked when it doesn’t pay off and they have to work at it. So far, most deadly ship I’ve seen is the Gremyashy - two players have got krakens with them - but stats-wise the New York seems to be doing very well - better than GC!

You're missing his point. He's using ranked as an excuse to complain he can't by the ships he wants. Don't interrupt him, he's having a tantrum.

• Funny 2
  • Bad 2

[FML]
Members
1,637 posts
9,912 battles
23 hours ago, iDuckman said:

Anyone tried Texas with a borrowed high-point commander?

Yep - they seem to be good counters to the GC... struggle a bit in high DD battles though. Keep an eye on MM as battle forms to decide whether to pull out. 

22 hours ago, Thornir said:

You're missing his point. He's using ranked as an excuse to complain he can't by the ships he wants. Don't interrupt him, he's having a tantrum.

Ah, hadn’t got that far. 

In that case, I might just bow out :-)

[WOLF6]
Members
1,857 posts
4,846 battles
1 minute ago, UltimateNewbie said:

Ah, hadn’t got that far. 

In that case, I might just bow out :-)

I'm sure he's typing furiously now :Smile_veryhappy:

Edited by Thornir
  • Bad 2