Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
lungiwear

Dont be this guy in ranked

18 comments in this topic

[TRG]
Members
112 posts
2,499 battles

Just posting a screenshot of a before and after when a furutaka decided to give me broadside at 6km range.... Needless to say, don't be this guy in ranked battle and don't let your team down.

shot-18.10.19_14.18.02-0044.jpg

shot-18.10.19_14.18.17-0960.jpg

Edited by lungiwear
  • Bad 4

[POP]
Members
838 posts
9,459 battles
On 10/20/2018 at 9:33 AM, lungiwear said:

Just posting a screenshot of a before and after when a furutaka decided to give me broadside at 6km range.... Needless to say, don't be this guy in ranked battle and don't let your team down.

[edited]

Oh no, no, no, nooo, no no no!

That poor guy will never show his face again the way he has been shamed...

Could you have been a little less cruel?

JbRCz.gif

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[TAFY3]
Members
331 posts
7,114 battles

I think I speak for most when I say we've all made positioning mistakes

• Cool 4

[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
439 posts
946 battles
1 hour ago, driedjello said:

I think I speak for most when I say we've all made positioning mistakes

No, no...wasn't the Furry Taco's fault at all...OP was driving no less than a Giulio Cesare, the extremely overpowered T5 BB that can reposition in the blink of an eye!  Totally OP's fault, which is why WG pulled them from the shop...:cap_haloween:

• Cool 1

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,567 posts
14,005 battles

Looking at the Tier V Ranked stats so far, Cruisers in general are just getting worked over.  BBs, DDs, and Bogue are doing well.  Hell, ATM New York is the BB WR% leader.  YES, THAT NEW YORK! :Smile_teethhappy:

Spoiler

AZOvyRI.jpg

Deecxx1.png

It's still very early but I think it's always fun to see what happens with the madness in Ranked.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1

Supertester
3,004 posts
10,057 battles
15 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Looking at the Tier V Ranked stats so far, Cruisers in general are just getting worked over.  BBs, DDs, and Bogue are doing well.  Hell, ATM New York is the BB WR% leader.  YES, THAT NEW YORK! :Smile_teethhappy:

It's still very early but I think it's always fun to see what happens with the madness in Ranked.

I agree, it should be interesting.

lol I only got to play 4 today, but here was my luck. :Smile_sad:

Spoiler

1930450912_WorldofWarshipsScreenshot2018_10.20-02_01_59_58.thumb.png.f80399c49ad80ed4744e24e8bf18cf8a.png

[NORUN]
[NORUN]
Beta Testers
11 posts
3,785 battles

We've all made mistakes like that at one time or another.No need to publicly shame the poor guy.On another issue wth is epicenter mode doing in ranked?That game mode has absolutely no place in competitive battles.

• Cool 1

[ICBM]
Members
305 posts
7,840 battles
1 hour ago, Paladin1954 said:

We've all made mistakes like that at one time or another.No need to publicly shame the poor guy.On another issue wth is epicenter mode doing in ranked?That game mode has absolutely no place in competitive battles.

Had it 2 x's back to back...ughhhh...

[TRG]
Members
112 posts
2,499 battles

The meaning of this post was not to shame the player in the furutaka. I have no idea why people thought I was shaming that player.

I posted that particular incident because as a cruiser player, you should me more mindful of your minimap and not just wander away to the enemies side of the map and then be broadside. Nobody wants this type of play on their team, and literally that cruiser lost all its health in 1 salvo and basically ended up being useless for his team. I just posted this in the forums, because I wanted other players to learn from his mistake and hopefully not do it themselves. 

I have no idea why people think that I was shaming that player or bragging my shot. Those were not my intention, just saying that a lot of good players will play ranked battles, and mistakes will not be forgiven.

• Bad 2

Members
17,712 posts
5,084 battles

Had the same thing happen to me in my KBerg last night.

I was totally paying attention, except for a split second. Dodged a salvo from the GC, only had a 1 on the PT, so figured I was safe to make a turn.

Turns out the salvo I dodged was from a different BB close behind the GC, with a low island in front of him, and the GC was locked on a target behind me. All he had to do was drop his guns a bit as I displayed my wares, and BOOM! lol.

[WOLF9]
Members
1,016 posts
7 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Reveal hidden contents

AZOvyRI.jpg

Deecxx1.png

New York not being the turd of turds? You know this is one of the signs of the Apocalypse.

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,567 posts
14,005 battles
3 hours ago, Doombeagle said:

New York not being the turd of turds? You know this is one of the signs of the Apocalypse.

She was never that bad if she stayed in her Tier V playground, IMO.  It's when she's constantly bottom tier against Tier VII Gneisenau, Scharnhorst, Nelson, Colorado, Nagato, KGV is where she gets her problems.  Her gunnery and staying power is sufficient when dealing with her Tier V peers.  That's what I felt when I grinded the line.  But in today's MM, no way.

Notice that in all the posts disparaging NY as a fighting vessel in WoWS is when people are using higher tier ships like Scharnhorst?  Even the VII Cruisers are major problems with their move to 203mm guns and longer range prowess and power.  Myoko is a massive problem.  Fiji farming AP damage off the superstructure.  Belfast in smoke farming damage off NY.  Schors tormenting poor NY from 16km+.  You got Hiryu, Saipan, Kaga beating up on NY with her bad AA. 

But now with Tier V Ranked, those higher tier problems go away and she's showing up to be a decent BB for her tier.  I think her Ranked performance numbers will go down with time, but right now, it shows what she can do in Ranked.  356mm x10 is good firepower for Tier V.

NY / TX 356mm x10

Kongo / ARP clones 356mm x8

Konig 305mm x10

Oct.Rev 305mm x12

Iron Duke 343mm x10

Bretagne 340mm x10

Kongo and NY/TX have the largest guns in Tier V BB Land.  Kongo is more accurate, but NY / TX has 10 of these guns.

I'm not saying I saw this coming because it's still surprising to me seeing how well she's done so far.  But when you look at it and compare her only to her peers, you can see why.  Firepower.

• Cool 1

[LEGIT]
[LEGIT]
Members
394 posts
6,164 battles

Grab the Guilo and lets steam roll em...  After playing in ranked with it, I can see why WG deiced not to sell this ship anymore

Edited by Akashi_Nyan

[-BMV-]
Members
177 posts
13,235 battles
4 hours ago, lungiwear said:

The meaning of this post was not to shame the player in the furutaka. I have no idea why people thought I was shaming that player.

I posted that particular incident because as a cruiser player, you should me more mindful of your minimap and not just wander away to the enemies side of the map and then be broadside. Nobody wants this type of play on their team, and literally that cruiser lost all its health in 1 salvo and basically ended up being useless for his team. I just posted this in the forums, because I wanted other players to learn from his mistake and hopefully not do it themselves. 

I have no idea why people think that I was shaming that player or bragging my shot. Those were not my intention, just saying that a lot of good players will play ranked battles, and mistakes will not be forgiven.

I find this argument hard to believe, specially considering it takes less than a min to cover the players name using MS Paint of all programs. But, hey ill bite and give an advice.

For future reference (and this is my advice) take a min, think of that guy's feelings, and cover the name. If you actually want to give and advice on what Cruisers need to do or not to do you can easily describe the whole thing... in words. But, if you're using a picture, like i said, have the decency of covering his name, as not doing it, will only make you look like an arrogant and bragging player showing off a dev strike. Mistakes can be made, everyone does, you don't need to shame the guy (and yes you're doing it by showing the name).

Those are my two cents.

Regarding your shot, nicely done. That's all.

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
Members
5,900 posts
2,193 battles
12 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

YES, THAT NEW YORK! :Smile_teethhappy:

I'm not surprised.  New York is a good bote at its tier.  Without up-tiering it has a chance to shine.  I sold her, but I have Texas !

Members
20 posts
4,676 battles
On 10/20/2018 at 9:33 AM, lungiwear said:

[edited]

ridiculous post, if you are trying to lecture anybody, you fail...

[WOLFB]
Members
1,646 posts
8,016 battles

He's right though. No matter what, don't be that guy playing GC. 

Sign in to follow this