You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
tm63au

The Rise And Rise Of Russian Premiums

161 comments in this topic

[POP]
Members
1,153 posts
14,731 battles

Hi 

Oh boy here we go again just when it was looking like WG was listening to its player base to some degree then this.

OK which DEPARTMENTAL THINK TANK  pulled a all nighter brainstorming this strategy, I'm not certain if it was a case of to much Vodka and Beluga Caviar or not enough.

Another Russian Cruiser gee how predictable for geniuses and i say that with all sincerity as you have created a fantastic game  you seem to be pretty 2 dimensional when it comes to picking new premiums.

Now I guess the Russian Boys and girls will be  happy

lets have a look at Russian Premium cruisers  

Tier 2  Ship_PRSC002_Diana_1905.pngShip_PRSC010_Diana_1905_Asus.png

Tier 3Ship_PRSC001_Avrora_1917.pngShip_PRSC503_Oleg.pngShip_PRSC513_Varyag.png

Tier 5 Ship_PRSC003_Murmansk_1944.pngShip_PRSC505_KrasniKrym.png

Tier  6   Ship_PRSC506_Molotov_1943.pngShip_PRSC606_Admiral_Makarov.png

Tier 8 Ship_PRSC508_Kutuzov_1952.png

Tier 9 Ship_PRSC509_Kronshtadt.png

Meanwhile for the hundredth time we still have no Italian tech trees, not 1 Premium Heavy Cruiser the Brits are screaming for or lets not forget the Dutch.

Gee would it hurt to think outside the box  for a change WG

Yep we really need another Russian cruiser  :Smile_facepalm:   

Edited by tm63au
  • Cool 14
  • Funny 2
  • Bad 7

[NGA-B]
Members
1,196 posts
7,604 battles

Yeah and like a lot of the lower ones, it doesn't bring anything new. As near as I can tell, it's basically a Shchors with more health but less AA and speed. Nothing to write home about. Now if was the Rurik or Gromboi (armored cruisers of the Russian Navy), I'd snap them up like a shark in a feeding frenzy.

[POP]
Members
838 posts
9,465 battles

Where is the [sound the heavenly Russian Choir] Motherland's Glorious Staliniumgrad?

88d84344-a532-11e8-ac4f-d89d6715223c_1200x.thumb.jpg.8701028677575fc19b584c0d317e81a9.jpg

[WOLF8]
Alpha Tester
1,030 posts
4,353 battles

I'm not home to check, but I'm pretty sure there's as many of not more current and upcoming US premium ships. 

[NGA-B]
Members
1,196 posts
7,604 battles
Just now, KingCakeBaby said:

I'm not home to check, but I'm pretty sure there's as many of not more current and upcoming US premium ships. 

Except the US built most of their CLs/CAs. Heck until the split, every ship the US had in-game was actually built.

• Cool 3
  • Bad 3

[-K-]
[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,741 posts
6,703 battles
49 minutes ago, tm63au said:

A Russian game company with a large Russian user base dares to put Russian ships into their game? Outrage!

• Cool 4
  • Funny 6
  • Bad 1

[BOOTY]
Beta Testers
369 posts
6,893 battles
39 minutes ago, KingCakeBaby said:

Money talks.

Members
1,688 posts
7,230 battles
1 hour ago, JediMasterDraco said:

Except the US built most of their CLs/CAs. Heck until the split, every ship the US had in-game was actually built.

Especially the Montana.

• Funny 4

[-RNG-]
Beta Testers
229 posts
2,264 battles
10 minutes ago, Ramsalot said:

Especially the Montana.

To be fair, they started building them, before switching the hulls to carriers. That's a good step beyond the russian paper ships. 

• Cool 3
  • Bad 2

[DETN8]
[DETN8]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
84 posts
3,703 battles
3 minutes ago, PG908 said:

To be fair, they started building them, before switching the hulls to carriers. That's a good step beyond the russian paper ships. 

Nicholas  wasn't built either. It was based on a design from 1919. Phoenix is in the same boat. 

• Cool 1

[POP]
Members
1,153 posts
14,731 battles
47 minutes ago, iOSDeveloper said:

What is the new cruiser the OP is talking about?

vCu2r57.jpg

THIS 

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,276 battles
44 minutes ago, PG908 said:

This is NOT true.  The USN did NOT start building the Montanas, NOR did they switch the hulls to carriers.  The Montanas never had construction started on them, and their keels were never laid, because the USN delayed them and eventually cancelled them.  They switched construction priorities and used those ship yards to produce carriers instead.

• Cool 6

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,276 battles
2 hours ago, JediMasterDraco said:

Yeah and like a lot of the lower ones, it doesn't bring anything new. As near as I can tell, it's basically a Shchors with more health but less AA and speed. Nothing to write home about. Now if was the Rurik or Gromboi (armored cruisers of the Russian Navy), I'd snap them up like a shark in a feeding frenzy.

Armored Cruisers would probably be difficult, IIRC, to properly add to the game, because as I recall, they were quite similar to pre-dreadnoughts such as the Mikasa in having main guns of two (or more) sizes.  It's a shame though, since Armored Cruisers were the "heavy cruisers" of that era.

Members
1,688 posts
7,230 battles
1 hour ago, PG908 said:

They did not start them at all.  There were no hulls to switch.  Some of the Russian paper ships like Kronshtadt actually made it to the hull, so Montana is more paper than Kron.

• Cool 1

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,019 posts
11,539 battles
1 hour ago, iOSDeveloper said:

What is the new cruiser the OP is talking about?

New T7 Chappy.  OP neglects to mention that a good chunk of those premiums are cut and paste jobs.  Diana, Diana L, Makarov, Murmansk, Krasny Krym, and now the new Lazo, a T7 Chappy that was never completed were all in game as something else in some form or another, first.  It's not like they are spending a lot of effort making new Russian cruisers left and right.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[NGA-B]
Members
1,196 posts
7,604 battles
1 hour ago, Ramsalot said:

Especially the Montana.

Whoops forgot about that one. And the Phoenix and Nicholas. Though the Montanas were closer to reality than most of the Russian paper fleet and almost certainly would've been built if not for the advent of the aircraft carrier shifting priorities. Especially when compared to the Khabarovsk which breaks the laws of physics.

• Cool 1

[NGA-B]
Members
1,196 posts
7,604 battles
27 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Armored Cruisers would probably be difficult, IIRC, to properly add to the game, because as I recall, they were quite similar to pre-dreadnoughts such as the Mikasa in having main guns of two (or more) sizes.  It's a shame though, since Armored Cruisers were the "heavy cruisers" of that era.

Actually armored cruisers were more analogous to battlecruisers since they had armor (albeit not battleship levels) and carried fairly large guns (for the day). They also operated on a similar design principle (destroy what you can't outrun and outrun battleships). Personally I think they could add armored cruisers to the game by giving players the ability to switch between main and secondary guns, but put them at relatively high tiers in comparison to ships from the same era (tier IV, V, and maybe VI vs tiers II and III). And before someone points out that this could be difficult to program, it'd basically be the same principle as DD switching between guns and torpedoes. Admittedly such firepower would be very potent, but their speed (about the same as US Standard-types) would limit their effectiveness and their minimal AA would be a real Achilles's Heel if the rework gets CVs more integrated into the game.

Alpha Tester
1,940 posts
30 minutes ago, JediMasterDraco said:

Actually armored cruisers were more analogous to battlecruisers since they had armor (albeit not battleship levels) and carried fairly large guns (for the day). They also operated on a similar design principle (destroy what you can't outrun and outrun battleships). Personally I think they could add armored cruisers to the game by giving players the ability to switch between main and secondary guns, but put them at relatively high tiers in comparison to ships from the same era (tier IV, V, and maybe VI vs tiers II and III). And before someone points out that this could be difficult to program, it'd basically be the same principle as DD switching between guns and torpedoes. Admittedly such firepower would be very potent, but their speed (about the same as US Standard-types) would limit their effectiveness and their minimal AA would be a real Achilles's Heel if the rework gets CVs more integrated into the game.

If they can balance submarines then they sure as hell can balance armored cruisers.

• Cool 1

[POP]
Members
1,153 posts
14,731 battles
1 hour ago, crzyhawk said:

New T7 Chappy.  OP neglects to mention that a good chunk of those premiums are cut and paste jobs.  Diana, Diana L, Makarov, Murmansk, Krasny Krym, and now the new Lazo, a T7 Chappy that was never completed were all in game as something else in some form or another, first.  It's not like they are spending a lot of effort making new Russian cruisers left and right.

Hi

@crzyhawk I know what half them are its the number of them that is the point  and although it might not be a 6 month time period to cut and paste its not a 5 minute job either.

cheers

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,360 posts
10,138 battles
6 hours ago, tm63au said:

Hi 

Oh boy here we go again just when it was looking like WG was listening to its player base to some degree then this.

OK which DEPARTMENTAL THINK TANK  pulled a all nighter brainstorming this strategy, I'm not certain if it was a case of to much Vodka and Beluga Caviar or not enough.

Another Russian Cruiser gee how predicable for geniuses and i say that with all sincerity as you have created a fantastic game  you seem to be pretty 2 dimensional when it comes to picking new premiums.

Now I guess the Russian Boys and girls will be  happy

lets have a look at Russian Premium cruisers  

Tier 2  Ship_PRSC002_Diana_1905.pngShip_PRSC010_Diana_1905_Asus.png

Tier 3Ship_PRSC001_Avrora_1917.pngShip_PRSC503_Oleg.pngShip_PRSC513_Varyag.png

Tier 5 Ship_PRSC003_Murmansk_1944.pngShip_PRSC505_KrasniKrym.png

Tier  6   Ship_PRSC506_Molotov_1943.pngShip_PRSC606_Admiral_Makarov.png

Tier 8 Ship_PRSC508_Kutuzov_1952.png

Tier 9 Ship_PRSC509_Kronshtadt.png

Meanwhile for the hundredth time we still have no Italian tech trees, not 1 Premium Heavy Cruiser the Brits are screaming for or lets not forget the Dutch.

Gee would it hurt to think outside the box  for a change WG

Don't forget Staliniumgrad at T10

Beta Testers
2,817 posts
3,945 battles

well russia needed a "high tier" premium cruiser to replace kutuzov,we got this. yes it's a chappy but then only molotov and murmansk are relevant cruisers,the rest are "collectors" ships or port queens or premiums that require lots of time or lots of money to get(kronshtadt/stalingrad). if that was world of tanks,i would totally agree with you,another soviet medium tank.

Edited by Cruxdei

[H_]
Members
691 posts

And we wonder why people are leaving the game.....and, they are in one and twos........and, they are leaving because the game is changing. 

WoWs is a great concept.  Low tech combat at a slower pace than most arcade, small map FPS's.  And then, the sales gimmicks.  Now, one nation being up-skilled, up-armored and up-gunned for some reason?  Host country mania?  Some form of nationalism?  And yet, the actual history of the era barely mentions their naval efforts................

We talk in history about the naval power of the British, Americans and that "little Island nation" of Japan.....  Who had some of the best ships  in the world and yet, are treated like "fodder" in this game. 

WG, we're disappointed.

• Cool 6