You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
MaxitheBraixen

Should I sell the marblehead?

27 comments in this topic

[GREPT]
Members
26 posts
1,399 battles

Got it out of a super container but I've been reading that this ship is on the list of the worst ships in the game, should I just sell it for the silver?

[HINON]
Supertester
18,903 posts
12,435 battles

Or, you can try it out instead of trusting in lists you read on the internet.

If you sell it, chances are you'll just get it in a supercontainer / christmas container, plus it's not worth that many credits anyways.

• Cool 1

[HAVOK]
[HAVOK]
Beta Testers
586 posts
1,001 battles

I’d keep it, it is always nice to have a few ships to retrain officers in quickly.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,017 posts
11,538 battles

Always keep premium ships.  Yes, it's bad, but it can do work if you're good.  Besides, if you sell it, you may just get it again instead of something else you want.

• Cool 1

[SIMP]
Members
990 posts

Actually it is a TERRIBAD ship. 

Essentially a floating citadel with no armor. Sadly, this premium ship is less combat worthy than the standard B hull Omaha. Less torpedoes, and the ones it does have hit like a soft pillow - worst torps in the game.

But keeping it does keep you from rolling another one in the next Super Container.:cap_book:

• Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[GREPT]
Members
26 posts
1,399 battles
Just now, crzyhawk said:

Always keep premium ships.  Yes, it's bad, but it can do work if you're good.  Besides, if you sell it, you may just get it again instead of something else you want.

So this is basically one of those parasite ships that will do nothing but take up room in your invintory

• Bad 1

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,268 battles
7 minutes ago, capncrunch21 said:

Essentially a floating citadel with no armor. Sadly, this premium ship is less combat worthy than the standard B hull Omaha. Less torpedoes, and the ones it does have hit like a soft pillow - worst torps in the game.

But keeping it does keep you from rolling another one in the next Super Container.:cap_book:

It's such a bad ship that I carried my Ranked team in one.

Sorry, but the Marblehead is not that bad.  It's not great, but it is NOT bad.

• Cool 1

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,017 posts
11,538 battles
6 minutes ago, MaxitheBraixen said:

So this is basically one of those parasite ships that will do nothing but take up room in your invintory

I want to say no, because once upon a time she was one of my favorite ships to play, but yes.  I don't recall the last time I WANTED to take it out.

[_H2O_]
Members
135 posts
6,203 battles

Having a Marblehead, I keep it because it can be used for HE long range shelling and the torpedoes do go a long way.

Astrosaint

• Cool 1

[LOU1]
Members
2,852 posts
7,980 battles

It is my favorite, most played ship.  Even though I have several Tier X's.  It is very good at kiting and lighting fires.  With its gun layout, you can bring reloaded guns to bear almost constantly while wiggling and send a few torps in the mix.  One of her strength is that she teaches you how to use the USN 152's.  Best if all, other players think it is bad and underestimate her - they don't realize their error until it is pretty much too late.  It is fun burning higher tier BBs down ashes.  I ground my first 19-point Commander in my mini-Cleveland.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,327 posts
9,387 battles

You put your 19 point Worcester captain on it and have a ball.

• Cool 1

[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
1,482 posts
8,034 battles
1 hour ago, MaxitheBraixen said:

Got it out of a super container but I've been reading that this ship is on the list of the worst ships in the game, should I just sell it for the silver?

You shouldn't sell premiums of any kind. Sometimes WG buffs premiums in one form or annother and can serve as a floating barracks that you could use whenever a t5 ranked or low tier competition rolls around.

• Cool 2

Members
3,628 posts
13,419 battles
1 minute ago, AVR_Project said:

You put your 19 point Worcester captain on it and have a ball.

I use my 19 point Helena/Boise Captain on Marblehead though I aint driven her in Randoms for a while.

1 hour ago, capncrunch21 said:

Hell, EVERY Cruiser is a floating citadel. Marblehead's guns are pretty good and as for her torpedoes... A torpedo hit is a torpedo hit. Weak torps are better than no torps.

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
8,409 posts
25,237 battles
17 hours ago, MaxitheBraixen said:

It's a fun ship in coop, but in Randoms with the currently stupid MM it is a trial. It is not one of the worst ships in the game, tho. 

I didn't sell mine, I just don't play it outside of occasional coops or appropriate coop-doable missions. 

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,706 posts
11,320 battles

No, selling a premium ship is always dumb.

Try the ship instead of just listing to others, and then even if you hate it keep it. You only get silver for it, so no real gain in selling it. Plus, you may simply get it again in another container/Christmas box. If you keep it, then you will be sure to get a different ship next time instead.

Ps, the ship isn't that bad, bad payers just like to blame the ship when they go full potato.

Edited by Kapitan_Wuff
  • Cool 1

[S0L0]
Beta Testers
477 posts
3,540 battles

I’d take Marble and Murm over any other Tier 5 cruiser.  Both are great light cruiser captain trainers and easy to make 40k plus damage per game, even when uptiered

Members
301 posts
6 battles
5 hours ago, capncrunch21 said:

image.thumb.png.b1234c9d28ac4801e5054d48d95204d4.png

I think it's pretty good

[ARGSY]
Members
5,722 posts
3,894 battles

Never sell a premium.

You never know when some mission might best be accomplished in co-op with the lowest possible tier ship and you want to throw in your highest-points captain and just derp your way to glory. To this day, my best and most fun battle ever was in an Omaha. The Marblehead has its differences, but I would never sell one if it appeared in my port.

• Cool 1

[TBOW]
Members
182 posts
1,555 battles
9 hours ago, Lert said:

If you sell it, chances are you'll just get it in a supercontainer / christmas container, plus it's not worth that many credits anyways.

So when you finally get a ship from a SC you get the same on again and again? Sounds like the hardest part there is getting a ship 

[HINON]
Supertester
18,903 posts
12,435 battles
2 minutes ago, embeddeddear97 said:

So when you finally get a ship from a SC you get the same on again and again? Sounds like the hardest part there is getting a ship 

Almost. When you get a ship from any container it rolls based on what ships you don't have. If you already have a ship it won't drop that one. So if you sell Marblehead, you have a chance of getting it back again through an SC or a christmas container. If you keep the ship in port, when you get a ship through an SC or christmas box you're guaranteed something else.

• Cool 2

Beta Testers
2,817 posts
3,931 battles

keep it so you don't have to see it's ugly face again in a SC or christmas loot box.

• Cool 1

[FOG]
Members
267 posts
4,534 battles

This is one of the values of these forums to be able to get this sort of perspective from people who have experience with a particular ship....

[BSL]
Members
719 posts
14,310 battles
10 hours ago, Lert said:

Santa gave mine back just to spite me :cap_happy: