You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Taichunger

What? Another patch and still no way to turn off the taunts

149 comments in this topic

[INTEL]
Members
8,433 posts
25,306 battles

....I mean emblems. 

This is something that is not difficult, and which people have repeatedly asked for. It's exactly what I mean when I say WG has zero customer orientation. We should have had that button promptly in the next patch.

• Cool 18
  • Boring 6
  • Bad 14

[WORX]
Members
1,642 posts
12,703 battles
1 minute ago, Taichunger said:

This is something that is not difficult, and which people have repeatedly asked for. It's exactly what I mean when I say WG has zero customer orientation. We should have had that button promptly in the next patch.

^^^ Just DL Aslain mod pack like everyone else. So far I think your the only customer raising the issue.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 4

[INTEL]
Members
8,433 posts
25,306 battles
16 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

^^^ Just DL Aslain mod pack like everyone else. So far I think your the only customer raising the issue.

I shouldn't have to use a third-party program, and Aslain wont let me turn off MY emblems. I don't like taunting players I've just killed after a hard fight. That's completely wrong. 

• Cool 5
  • Bad 4

[INTEL]
Members
8,433 posts
25,306 battles
16 hours ago, RagingxMarmoset said:

What's wrong with emblems? 

(1) Emblems are taunts of a ship you just killed and (2) they block your view of the screen so that tactical information is blocked, and (3) you sometimes miss the pleasure of watching torps and shells slam home. 

They were a stupid waste of dev efforts, with so many more urgent needs like MAPS. 

Edited by Taichunger
  • Cool 9
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 3

[WORX]
Members
1,642 posts
12,703 battles

Aslain wont let me turn off MY emblems. I don't like taunting players I've just killed after a hard fight. That's completely wrong. 

Then we have a conflict of ideas with the developers. No worries Aslain mode is so popular chances are they have it to keep your emblems out of their way too. So that is what I suggest. DL Aslain.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[INTEL]
Members
8,433 posts
25,306 battles

Then we have a conflict of ideas with the developers. No worries Aslain mode is so popular chances are they have it to keep your emblems out of their way too. So that is what I suggest. DL Aslain.

Exactly. 

Members
3,412 posts
6,072 battles

A minority of people have problems.  Not doing it does not mean Dev are automatically out of touch...  No program/game works off of the vote of the minimum.  It is on the screen so little I don't even remember the last one I saw and I just died.

They have bigger fish to fry.  There is a way to deal with it - take it.

• Cool 2

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,019 posts
11,539 battles
37 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

no, I'm just tired of complaining about it.  I hope the OP keeps fighting the good fight.

• Cool 9
  • Boring 1

[WORX]
Members
1,642 posts
12,703 battles
5 minutes ago, crzyhawk said:

no, I'm just tired of complaining about it.  I hope the OP keeps fighting the good fight.

Why complicate your life in the game over trivial matters/issues??There is a fix, its highly recommended that if you have a conflict of ideas with the developer. I recommend using Aslain until your cause is resolved. At this rate, its faster if you DL Aslain mod.

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

Members
1,129 posts
6,716 battles

i too think they were a waste of time and should of never been made.   but since they are in, just give me a way to get them off my screen in the vanilla game.

Edited by Frederick_The_Great
  • Cool 5
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,019 posts
11,539 battles
14 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Why complicate your life in the game over trivial matters/issues??There is a fix, its highly recommended that if you have a conflict of ideas with the developer. I recommend using Aslain until your cause is resolved. At this rate, its faster if you DL Aslain mod.

because the flag to turn off content is already in the code.  It's a low hanging fruit for them.  There is no reason other than they are out of touch and stubborn.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1

[VOP]
Members
329 posts
6,760 battles
18 minutes ago, crzyhawk said:

^This-

Sorry but some people don't want nor like mods on their games. We should not have to download a mod to "fix" something we never asked for. :Smile_honoring: 

• Cool 5

[INTEL]
Members
8,433 posts
25,306 battles

Exactly! Why complicate my life by having to download third party software? 

Like I said above, Aslain doesn't turn off MY emblem. I don't like taunting ships I have just killed after a hard fight.

[INTEL]
Members
8,433 posts
25,306 battles
16 hours ago, CylonRed said:

A minority of people have problems.  Not doing it does not mean Dev are automatically out of touch...  No program/game works off of the vote of the minimum.  It is on the screen so little I don't even remember the last one I saw and I just died.

They have bigger fish to fry.  There is a way to deal with it - take it.

Many people have problems. There were long threads about it when it appeared. 

The issue isn't whether it is a minority of people complaining (have you seen a survey about it? I haven't). The issue is that some substantial portion of the player base does not want an item that is a classless taunt representing them, but can't get rid of them easily, even though it is a trivial issue for programming. 

They dont even have to change things  -- they could just supply a transparent emblem. That would solve half the problem. 

Edited by Taichunger

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,239 posts

I got a survey for Arms Race today. I agree with the OP all we ever asked for was a toggle, the same as many other things in the game.

• Cool 2

Members
3,638 posts
13,487 battles
13 minutes ago, w4spl3g said:

I got a survey for Arms Race today. I agree with the OP all we ever asked for was a toggle, the same as many other things in the game.

Like a option to mute the F-keys as well.

• Cool 1

Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles

It's not a taunt. You're misinterpreting it as one. Relax.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[INTEL]
Members
8,433 posts
25,306 battles
16 hours ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

Lol some of the things you guys complain about.  How is an emblem "taunting" you? 

You'll just have to figure it out. 

[INTEL]
Members
8,433 posts
25,306 battles
16 hours ago, Hiroe said:

It's not a taunt. You're misinterpreting it as one. Relax.

Yes, it is. When your screen fills with another player's hideous representation when you have just been killed, it's a taunt. I know who killed me 100% of the time already, it is listed on the screen and I know who was shooting. Moreover, many people complained that emblems are taunts when they came out. WG decided to deal with it by hoping it would go away. 

Since it isn't a taunt, you won't mind if we can toggle it off, right? 

Edited by Taichunger
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 1

[MKF]
Members
399 posts
14,847 battles
6 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

Yes, it is. When your screen fills with another player's hideous representation when you have just been killed, it's a taunt. I know who killed me 100% of the time already, it is listed on the screen and I know who was shooting. Moreover, many people complained that emblems are taunts when they came out. WG decided to deal with it by hoping it would go away. 

Funny, I don't even notice them anymore. They were a bit silly to spend time developing but I cant say I notice or care about them much

• Cool 1

Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles

There's no intention on the part of the person who sinks you to taunt you. There's nothing sarcastic or insulting or whatever else. It's only the automatic appearance of a symbol, and the symbol disappears after a few seconds.

"To reproach in a sarcastic, insulting, or jeering manner; mock" is the definition of "taunt."

Where exactly is the taunt? Also, how can there be a taunt if there is no taunter? Again, there is no intention of the part of anyone to taunt you, and thus there is no taunter. How can you be taunted if there is no one taunting you? Misinterpretation.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
1,492 posts
8,036 battles
1 hour ago, Taichunger said:

I shouldn't have to use a third-party program, and Aslain wont let me turn off MY emblems. I don't like taunting players I've just killed after a hard fight. That's completely wrong. 

They're only up for a couple of seconds, unless your in Clan battles or tournaments it shouldn't be a problem.

[INTEL]
Members
8,433 posts
25,306 battles
15 hours ago, Hiroe said:

There's no intention on the part of the person who sinks you to taunt you. There's nothing sarcastic or insulting or whatever else. It's only the automatic appearance of a symbol, and the symbol disappears after a few seconds.

Yep. It's automated. 

15 hours ago, Hiroe said:

"To reproach in a sarcastic, insulting, or jeering manner; mock" is the definition of "taunt."

Where exactly is the taunt? Also, how can there be a taunt if there is no taunter? Again, there is no intention of the part of anyone to taunt you, and thus there is no taunter. How can you be taunted if there is no one taunting you? Misinterpretation.

And yet, it is there, taunting me. Someone is taunting me, and many other people who are also irritated by seeing that taunt there. Who put it there? 

You're absolutely right, not the player it so hideously represents. So I am asking the people who put that taunt there, and who can get rid of it, to make eliminating it possible.

It has no positive social or game function. Why expend energy and time to make it? Why waste pixels and electricity to keep it there?