Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SerahKhan

Overchin 5 Mission Set:

75 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

115
[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
451 posts
958 battles

I can't help yet, and neither can others that are still waiting for the first mission to populate.  There is an issue with the participation button not working for everyone...they are aware of it but apparently the fix is not in yet.  I'm not sure if that issue has anything to do with your not being able to progress in the first mission, but it's possible...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26
[R_N]
[R_N]
Members
65 posts
3,852 battles

Same here for me everywhere it says I am participating but in game.

Hope this gets corrected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,959
[PVE]
Members
8,862 posts
7,257 battles
12 minutes ago, SerahKhan said:

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/deals/october-missions-2018/

 

Set of Missions from 19th Oct to Nov 9th....  HELP!

I hit participate

It says I am participating in this offer..

And yet, I am not making any progress , such as Step 1 (Play 3 matches)

Anyone can help?

Thx

JM

Gneisenau013 has been updating this thread about the issues with the Hockey event not working right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20
[90THD]
Members
134 posts
3,612 battles

Thx Kiz!

you are awesome, and an inspiration to us all..

Thx for keeping us in the Loop!

Im losing time not making any progress in this timed mission, thast a real bummer..

take care

JM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
115
[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
451 posts
958 battles
4 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Gneisenau013 has been updating this thread about the issues with the Hockey event not working right.

Last update was 5 hours ago...guess the rest of us will have to wait for Monday...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,479
[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,420 posts
3,413 battles

If you haven't already submitted a support ticket, you better do so ASAP. There were issues earlier this morning, and many were told to submit the tickets, and they would try to manually activate the mission chain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,722
[ARGSY]
Members
5,801 posts
3,966 battles

It's been working right for me. I have a Soviet Alexander Ovechkin 5-stage mission, to wit:.

1) Play 3 battles (all stages are random, ranked, co-op or scenario, Tier 5 or above BTW) Stage reward, Great 8 container

2) Cause 250,000 damage to enemy ships. Stage reward, (Equal speed charlie london, Papa Papa, Zulu Hotel) x 5, plus 1 Great 8 container

3) In 3 battles join the top 3 among both teams by experience received. Stage reward, 1 great 8 container plus 5 each of DCP 2, repair party 2, Smoke generator 2

4) Earn 3 million credits, Stage reward 1 Great 8 container and 10,000 Free XP

5) Score 500 main and 500 secondary gun hits, and damage 100 modules. Stage reward = 10 x This is your day commander flags, 4 places in captain reserve, one Great 8 container, one Port slot, and the mission reward of Soviet Alexander Ovechkin with 10 points, specialised to the Orlan.

Good luck to all who are having trouble; I hope your issues are resolved soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,959
[PVE]
Members
8,862 posts
7,257 battles
24 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

It's been working right for me. I have a Soviet Alexander Ovechkin 5-stage mission, to wit:.

1) Play 3 battles (all stages are random, ranked, co-op or scenario, Tier 5 or above BTW) Stage reward, Great 8 container

2) Cause 250,000 damage to enemy ships. Stage reward, (Equal speed charlie london, Papa Papa, Zulu Hotel) x 5, plus 1 Great 8 container

3) In 3 battles join the top 3 among both teams by experience received. Stage reward, 1 great 8 container plus 5 each of DCP 2, repair party 2, Smoke generator 2

4) Earn 3 million credits, Stage reward 1 Great 8 container and 10,000 Free XP

5) Score 500 main and 500 secondary gun hits, and damage 100 modules. Stage reward = 10 x This is your day commander flags, 4 places in captain reserve, one Great 8 container, one Port slot, and the mission reward of Soviet Alexander Ovechkin with 10 points, specialised to the Orlan.

Good luck to all who are having trouble; I hope your issues are resolved soon.

Good to know that it stacks nicely with the RN event. :Smile_teethhappy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
115
[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
451 posts
958 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

 

Good luck to all who are having trouble; I hope your issues are resolved soon.

Thanks...not sure if they work weekends, though...if not, hope they extend the timeframe on this debacle...:P

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16
[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
59 posts

I got a reply 45 minutes ago to my ticket that they are still working on it.  Not sure if just auto message or actual person but figured I would share.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
370
[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,239 posts

I don't know, opted in today. I don't care at all about hockey but it's free crap *shrug*

Capture.thumb.PNG.5c22b6b3f83ba6fe61fe93d47bb9f9df.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,722
[ARGSY]
Members
5,801 posts
3,966 battles
6 hours ago, w4spl3g said:

I don't care at all about hockey but it's free crap 

I must admit to mostly sharing this sentiment. As someone living in Canada, I'd just as soon see Sidney Crosby as a Commonwealth commander for the Haida but this will do. :Smile_hiding: (Or we could have Tim Horton, with a double double boost to Adrenaline Rush, eh @LittleWhiteMouse?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
93
[EQRN]
Members
306 posts
8,655 battles

There are 12 items to collect, the mission will get you 5 containers.  Assuming no dupes, you would need to *buy* 7 containers, hoping for no dupes again, to complete the collection?  Am I missing another method to earn collectibles?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
262
[KRAK]
Members
941 posts
13,041 battles
11 hours ago, SerahKhan said:

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/deals/october-missions-2018/

 

Set of Missions from 19th Oct to Nov 9th....  HELP!

I hit participate

It says I am participating in this offer..

And yet, I am not making any progress , such as Step 1 (Play 3 matches)

Anyone can help?

Thx

JM

Do not understand why they would even make it where you have to hit a "participate" button. Should have just been given to all from the get go. WG does some odd things sometimes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,959
[PVE]
Members
8,862 posts
7,257 battles
4 minutes ago, FrodoFraggin said:

There are 12 items to collect, the mission will get you 5 containers.  Assuming no dupes, you would need to *buy* 7 containers, hoping for no dupes again, to complete the collection?  Am I missing another method to earn collectibles?

 

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/development/earn-your-greatness/

Quote

Having completed the first part of the chain, you will receive an event container with access to the Great Eight collection. After completing the entire collection, you will receive American Commander Ovechkin. Once you have subscribed to the collection, its elements may be found with a certain chance of appearing in daily containers. Keep working to complete the chain in order to receive containers of the Great Eight collection, and finally Soviet Commander Ovechkin for completion of the entire chain.

 

You can only have one collection active at a time in Daily Containers. So once you start the collection, make sure the Hockey collection is the active one.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
170
[OSG]
Beta Testers
1,350 posts
14,771 battles
35 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

.....................

You can only have one collection active at a time in Daily Containers. So once you start the collection, make sure the Hockey collection is the active one.

I don't know what this means...or how to make choices as you suggested.  Could you add a few more details?  Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44
[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
167 posts
1,530 battles

Disappointing that it’s not yet resolved. I actually had a good bit of time to play yesterday and would have driven through some of the stages. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
93
[EQRN]
Members
306 posts
8,655 battles

In the past when something was screwy , though I cannot recall what event, I think they extended the end date?  Anyone else recall what that was?

Thanks Kizarvexis :cap_like:

Edited by FrodoFraggin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,959
[PVE]
Members
8,862 posts
7,257 battles
12 minutes ago, Merc85 said:

I don't know what this means...or how to make choices as you suggested.  Could you add a few more details?  Thanks.

This is the Yamamoto collection which you can also get in a daily container. Not all collections come in daily containers. Look to the right and you will see a green box showing that the collection is active.

SdmM5ZN.jpg

You are either collecting or Don't collect for a collection. You can only have one collection collecting at a time. So when you start the Ovechkin collection, go to it and make sure that it is set to collecting. Setting one collection to collecting sets all other applicable collections to Don't collect. You will find your collections in the profile tab in port and then select collections to the left to go to your collections. Each collection has a unique key and clicking on the key will switch to that collection. 

 

The pic above is from a few months ago. Here is what it looks like today.

QDNb2NA.jpg

 

As you can see, I have 38 of the 40 items and 96 duplicates. You can use duplicates to purchase items you do not have yet. In this case, I highlighted the piece I'm missing. When I click on it, it gives me the option to buy the piece for 5 duplicates.

7XXx2Uj.jpg

I have not purchased this piece or the other one I'm missing as each duplicate is worth 15,000 silver for this collection. It is the only daily container collection I have running and the collection end reward is a flag and sub-collection reward is changing the color on IJN destroyer camo. Since I can wait on those, I am letting the duplicates add up and when I get the last two pieces via the daily containers, all of the duplicates will be converted to credits. Right now 96 duplicates at 15k silver each is 1.44 million credits. So I will let the collection finish when it finishes on it's own to farm duplicates for silver. 

 

When I finally get the Ovechkin missions, still have not yet and the support tkt said that the devs are working on it, I will put the Yamamoto collection on hold and collect the Ovechkin items in the daily containers. I don't need the US Ovechkin right now, will use him later, so I will let the Ovechkin collection complete on it's own to farm duplicates and then go back to the Yamamoto collection to finish farming duplicates. The Ovechkin collection has the same 5-1 duplicate for an item you don't have ratio and the duplicates are worth 15k silver as well. Hope this helps.

 

23 minutes ago, FrodoFraggin said:

In the past when something was screwy , though I cannot recall what event, I think they extended the end date?  Anyone else recall what that was?

Thanks Kizarvexis :cap_like:

You are welcome.

 

I don't recall the other event that was extended. As long as I have time to complete the missions, I will be happy.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
99
[-S-R-]
[-S-R-]
Beta Testers
214 posts
1,437 battles

My ticket got updated this morning saying that they're still working on this.

Unfortunate they don't have a backup plan for these types of things where you can unflag and reflag an account so if something breaks later on you can just self-service after they fix it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×